Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,767
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's clearly built specifically for TB2 and TB3 to give them more range as those can't carry most of the heavier longer range munitions we have
There is already Alpagut with almost twice the payload and 10 km more operational range, though not sure about its maximum range.

I have no problem with Kagem as it is, as I said couple of times now, it is a good option to have. I'm just saying what was said and what came out is different and that is all.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kemankeş with Mavi Vatan

20230427_115644.jpg
20230427_115641.jpg

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
There is already Alpagut with almost twice the payload and 10 km more operational range, though not sure about its maximum range.

I have no problem with Kagem as it is, as I said couple of times now, it is a good option to have. I'm just saying what was said and what came out is different and that is all.

I believe Kagem offers a very low cost strike option while Alpagut is more high-end

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,568
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Swap out the jet engine for a propeller and you have yourself a great ScanEagle equivalent. Love this.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,752
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ultra-light Low-cost loitering missile concepts​
Baykar KAGEM
futh3j1xsaahmzu-jpeg.56692
Lockheed LOCAAS
LOCAAS.gif
Length / Weight1.73m / 30 kg0.91m / 45 kg
Cruise Speed360 km/h370 km/h
Loitering Range>100 nmi (200km)>100 nmi (190 km)
Operational altitude<18000 ft (5500 m)750 ft (230 m)
Motor38 lbf light turbojet30 lbf class turbojet
Loiter time1 hour30 min max
GuidanceEO/IR terminal seekerGPS/INS with LADAR terminal seeker
Warhead>6 kg (13.3 lb)7.7 kg (17 lb)
PlatformsTactical/Light UCAVs, Helicopters(?),
land-based in later variants
Helicopters, land based

Last edited:

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,752
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The warhead is so low, it's not worth throwing away.
Probably the MAM-L warhead will be used in it. Users are more than satisfied with this little beast.

I estimate that the targeted cost for BAYKAR's loitering ammunition is around $20,000 maximum. One of the most decisive criteria in this class is low cost and low weight.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Probably the MAM-L warhead will be used in it. Users are more than satisfied with this little beast.

I estimate that the targeted cost for BAYKAR's loitering ammunition is around $20,000 maximum. One of the most decisive criteria in this class is low cost and low weight.
Baykar must have thought of something while designing it, so we will have to wait and see its effectiveness.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

I believe MAM L is selling for $30.000. I do not see export customers paying less than $100.000 for each Kagem.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,752
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 56712

Crazy it can be carried on the outer hard point! Also it is huge compared to TB2 :O
Technically, TB-2 can carry 4 of this type of ammunition. In fact, let's expand the example as follows, 3 TB-2s can carry 4 KAGEM, 4 MAM-L and last one with electronic warfare pod in the same area. The level of capability being achieved with UCAVs in the tactical class is really moving towards a tremendous point.

I believe MAM L is selling for $30.000. I do not see export customers paying less than $100.000 for each Kagem.
I meant cost. I can't say anything about the price, could be 80K for some, could be 120K for other some.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,021
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Baykar must have thought of something while designing it, so we will have to wait and see its effectiveness.

to take our air defence systems? If production is quick they should ship them to Ukraine to see how they operate on the battlefield.

on a side note these must be some really dark days for the greek state. The "3d era" allowed them sleep easy at night imaging everything was a dream. Now its almost weekly a new military enhancement is developed for the Turkish military.

Last edited:

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
to take our air defence systems? If production is quick they should ship them to Ukraine to see how they operate on the battlefield.

on a side note these must be some really dark days for the greek state. The "3d era" allowed them sleep easy at night imaging everything was a dream. Now its almost weekly a new military enhancement is developed for the Turkish military.
We saw Mam-C and Mam-L on the battlefields. That's why Mam-T also came out. 8-9 or 10 Kg would have been a good option. Of course, this time the weight will increase, which will create problems for UAVs, the time in the air will be affected, and the range will decrease, which is another handicap. Of course, all of these have been calculated by Baykar, but as I said, we will see in the field.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,752
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We saw Mam-C and Mam-L on the battlefields. That's why Mam-T also came out. 8-9 or 10 Kg would have been a good option. Of course, this time the weight will increase, which will create problems for UAVs, the time in the air will be affected, and the range will decrease, which is another handicap. Of course, all of these have been calculated by Baykar, but as I said, we will see in the field.
I think this KAGEM will be a family of ammunition consisting of several types. Maybe even a model without a warhead. I mean it will be in the ultra-light group, but there may be two different main body, for example as 30kg and 45kg. I think that this type of ammunition will be a very valuable option for attack helicopters too and will definitely be tried. Because they have loitering capability at very low altitude. Imean that, just imagine 3-4 Kemankeş roaming like hungry wolves 200/300 metres above the ground and working as a wolfpack.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom