Morocco Moroccan Armed Forces

Sami1234

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
South east of morocco near the city of tindouf west for algeria. Yes the wall is extended aproximentalt 200 km north of moroccan sahara. Mahbes is like you can in the map north east of what you call « western sahara». The exercise took there last year aswell, when usa shipped
Their himars directly with c17 aircraft at mahbes air strip.
The exercise was near the border with Western Sahara not inside, only Moroccan sources are saying its in Western Sahara. The Airport is located 6km from Western Sahara.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
The exercise was near the border with Western Sahara not inside, only Moroccan sources are saying its in Western Sahara. The Airport is located 6km from Western Sahara.
alright now i see. First you ask and then you make claims. Whats the point of asking in the first place? Dont waste our time brother. I gave you the source that the moroccan armed forces stated that the event will also take place in mahbes aswell as other locations. I dont know why it should be a problem to have the exercise in mahbes?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,994
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Moroccans and the Algerians seem to have a formidable army.

Moroccans use Western style stuff while the Algerians are mainly Soviet/Russian.

Both seem to know their equipment very well.

If a war happens it will be a blood bath. North Africans never back down from a fight. Hopefully a war can be avoided.

It explains why Turkiye was trying to get both Algeria and Morocco along with Tunisia on their side in Libya rather than useless Egypt.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco

Moroccans use Western style stuff while the Algerians are mainly Soviet/Russian.

If a war happens it will be a blood bath. North Africans never back down from a fight. Hopefully a war can be avoided.

It explains why Turkiye was trying to get both Algeria and Morocco along with Tunisia on their side in Libya rather than useless Egypt.
A war will happen but when we dont know. As morocco is growing it will try to get atleast pre borders before the french colonization of north africa. History always repeat.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
I was asking because that Twitter account claimed it is inside Western Sahara which is false. i found the answer from Africom its in the Greir Labouh base
View attachment 45241
You have a MOD badge at least make sure to put reliable sources,
and this is the map of Mahbas region part of it inside Morocco and some of it in Western Sahara.
View attachment 45242
Listen. This will be my final response to you. I sent you proof that the morocco the host nation claim that the exercise will take place in different cities including Mahbes! The twitter account called MAP is a state agency media account. Your agenda seems clear by the way you talk. Dont let the exercise disturb you brother :)

Chakib larbi

Contributor
Arab Moderator
Algeria Moderator
Reactions
4 2,879
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria

In fact, nothing impresses in the Moroccan army Most of its weapons date back to the eighties of the last century and as for the rest of their weapons deals, they are mainly Twitter posts and deals that often will not be terminated due to the economic crises that Morocco is experiencing now and in the future .
As for Algeria, its weapons are mainly from Russia, Germany, China, Italy,America and UAE .even for the Soviet weapons we modernize them with Western technologies.and we are also building our own defense industry in cooperation with China, Western countries, and perhaps Turkey in the future.
Morocco is not a match for Algeria, and it will never be like that, especially with what the future will bring to the two countries

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
In fact, nothing impresses in the Moroccan army Most of its weapons date back to the eighties of the last century and as for the rest of their weapons deals, they are mainly Twitter posts and deals that often will not be terminated due to the economic crises that Morocco is experiencing now and in the future .
As for Algeria, its weapons are mainly from Russia, Germany, China, Italy,America and UAE .even for the Soviet weapons we modernize them with Western technologies.and we are also building our own defense industry in cooperation with China, Western countries, and perhaps Turkey in the future.
Morocco is not a match for Algeria, and it will never be like that, especially with what the future will bring to the two countries
Your statement are either made of lies or ignorance. You claim that this are only twitter post, and nothing more and its fine to have your personal opinion. However the reality on the ground is that morocco are gonna soon start its own domestic defence industry, and the budget have been increased HUGE in 2022, and since 2020. Morocco aims to become the leading power in africa together with egypt before 2030. If contract will be termined is to early to say, and to make a claim like that is just based on your own opinion. Onlt the next 3 years morocco will get 48 4.5 generation fighter jet vipers, and 24 apache. Only this 2 lethal weapons would be more then enough for the algerian air force with their russian jets. I hope you are following the war in ukraina? Feel more then welcome to mention main weapons/vehicles that you feel algeria is superior in. I have a open mind, and im up for a talk :) Go ahead brother

Chakib larbi

Contributor
Arab Moderator
Algeria Moderator
Reactions
4 2,879
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
Your statement are either made of lies or ignorance. You claim that this are only twitter post, and nothing more and its fine to have your personal opinion. However the reality on the ground is that morocco are gonna soon start its own domestic defence industry, and the budget have been increased HUGE in 2022, and since 2020. Morocco aims to become the leading power in africa together with egypt before 2030. If contract will be termined is to early to say, and to make a claim like that is just based on your own opinion. Onlt the next 3 years morocco will get 48 4.5 generation fighter jet vipers, and 24 apache. Only this 2 lethal weapons would be more then enough for the algerian air force with their russian jets. I hope you are following the war in ukraina? Feel more then welcome to mention main weapons/vehicles that you feel algeria is superior in. I have a open mind, and im up for a talk :) Go ahead brother
My opinion are based on facts that Moroccans do not accept

But first, I just want to remind you that when Morocco gets its F-16 Vipers, Algeria will also get its Russian fifth generation fighters and whatever version of the F-16 you get, it will never be equal for a fifth generation fighter......as for the rest of your air force First let them penetrate the Algerian anti-access/area denial (A2AD) then talk, when we really put them to the test whether they are lethal or not

In the end, if Morocco intends to establish a military industry ,Algeria has already did .With China in light weapons and drones ,In Armored Combat Vehicles with Germany and UAE,In the helicopter industry with Italy, in optronic and communication systems with Germany and for the naval industries, we will have a long way to go with China, Italy and Turkey in the future..

Dear Moroccan..After the Western Russian boycott, Algeria will turn into one of the largest supplier of gas and hydrogen to Europe..We have the second largest gas reserves in Africa and the third largest shale gas reserves in the world ...Italian, German and Chinese investments in Algeria will be the largest ever in Africa and It will be an introduction to other international investments entering the Algerian market ..

Morocco's economy is notably based on French/Gulf aid and charity.. As for the Algerian economy, it is based on our natural resources
A strong economy equals a strong army.. and the balance of the economy and wealth is in the favor of Algeria

Last edited:

Sami1234

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
Listen. This will be my final response to you. I sent you proof that the morocco the host nation claim that the exercise will take place in different cities including Mahbes! The twitter account called MAP is a state agency media account. Your agenda seems clear by the way you talk. Dont let the exercise disturb you brother :)
The clearest agenda here is claiming that the US army is doing exercises with you inside Western Sahara, which is totally not true, even the Jerusalem post called you out last year for trying to do the same thing. So stop being bias or at least don't spread false information.

Chakib larbi

Contributor
Arab Moderator
Algeria Moderator
Reactions
4 2,879
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
By the way in the open fields of the sahara ure M1a1 will not meet the T-90 SA ,Rather it will be welcomed by the Ingwe - kornet - mokopa - ataka -Reflex -Stugna and the HJ12 ..then the field is open... do u really feel superior

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
My opinion are based on facts that Moroccans do not accept

But first, I just want to remind you that when Morocco gets its F-16 Vipers, Algeria will also get its Russian fifth generation fighters and whatever version of the F-16 you get, it will never be equal for a fifth generation fighter......as for the rest of your air force First let them penetrate the Algerian anti-access/area denial (A2AD) then talk, when we really put them to the test whether they are lethal or not

In the end, if Morocco intends to establish a military industry ,Algeria has already did .With China in light weapons and drones ,In Armored Combat Vehicles with Germany and UAE,In the helicopter industry with Italy, in optronic and communication systems with Germany and for the naval industries, we will have a long way to go with China, Italy and Turkey in the future..

Dear Moroccan..After the Western Russian boycott, Algeria will turn into one of the largest supplier of gas and hydrogen to Europe..We have the second largest gas reserves in Africa and the third largest shale gas reserves in the world ...Italian, German and Chinese investments in Algeria will be the largest ever in Africa and It will be an introduction to other international investments entering the Algerian market ..

Morocco's economy is notably based on French/Gulf aid and charity.. As for the Algerian economy, it is based on our natural resources
A strong economy equals a strong army.. and the balance of the economy and wealth is in the favor of Algeria
You did not provide any «fact» the only thing you stated is that algeria is superior weapon wise, and that morocco is no match for algeria. I just see baseless emotional feeling with a patriotic pride. As i mentioned earlier morocco will get the viper version block 72+. Su57 looks good on paper but it yet to prove itself in the battlefield so it will be interesting to see. I can use the same argument that you use regarding the air defence structure. Morocco have the sky dragon 50 in service, while recieving VL mica. Also waiting on a 500 million order for the barak mx.

regarding the algerian defence industry i dont know alot, but its nice to see that algeria is trying to kick start their defence industry. Nice!

moroccan economy based on french/ gulf aid?😂 I will not say anythint to a comment so silly. Lets stick to defence because you said algeria is «much» superior to morocco.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
By the way in the open fields of the sahara ure M1a1 will not meet the T-90 SA ,Rather it will be welcomed by the Ingwe - kornet - mokopa - ataka -Reflex -Stugna and the HJ12 ..then the field is open... do u really feel superior
Just for your information. Morocco dont only have the m1a1, we also have the m1a2 sep v3 version. In our southern zones we use m603, and t90s aswell :) morocco also operate kornet, and also have over 2000 TOW missiles.

if you up for it lets make a seperate thread where we can compare weapons, and learn more.

Chakib larbi

Contributor
Arab Moderator
Algeria Moderator
Reactions
4 2,879
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
Just for your information. Morocco dont only have the m1a1, we also have the m1a2 sep v3 version. In our southern zones we use m603, and t90s aswell :) morocco also operate kornet, and also have over 2000 TOW missiles.

if you up for it lets make a seperate thread where we can compare weapons, and learn more.
You did not provide any «fact» the only thing you stated is that algeria is superior weapon wise, and that morocco is no match for algeria. I just see baseless emotional feeling with a patriotic pride. As i mentioned earlier morocco will get the viper version block 72+. Su57 looks good on paper but it yet to prove itself in the battlefield so it will be interesting to see. I can use the same argument that you use regarding the air defence structure. Morocco have the sky dragon 50 in service, while recieving VL mica. Also waiting on a 500 million order for the barak mx.

regarding the algerian defence industry i dont know alot, but its nice to see that algeria is trying to kick start their defence industry. Nice!

moroccan economy based on french/ gulf aid?😂 I will not say anythint to a comment so silly. Lets stick to defence because you said algeria is «much» superior to morocco.
So many word just for saying nothing..anyway your claim of superiority in air warfare rely on a dozen of F-16 Viper fighters ,but you forget that we are talking here about the upcoming squadrons of the Su-57E/34M/Mig29M And 70 upgraded Su-30 fighters With low operating costs and Open/unrestricted weapon sources from Russian and China and Even from western countries we can get the technology we need for these fighters ...with Algeria's high logistical/financial capabilities, you are not qualified to fight an open war with us..

Back to Moroccan military deals Moroccan deals have always been financed by the Gulf countries that support Morocco in the Sahara conflict...also the French banks are the most important financier of Moroccan deals In this document from the Moroccan Official Journal talks about the financing of the French bank BNP for the mica deal of the moroccan army The same thing happened years ago in the freem deal financed by French banks

284511323_414588167244414_4607024050706252816_n.jpg

The rest of the deals you're talking about whether it was sep v3 / barak / Orizzonte these are just posts on Twitter and some military websites and it may stay that way for a very long time and maybe forever

Last edited:

Chakib larbi

Contributor
Arab Moderator
Algeria Moderator
Reactions
4 2,879
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
I may have forgotten to answer you on this point as well

This is a list of Western defense companies that have entered into joint ventures with the Algerian Ministry of Defense and Algerian companies.

Rheinmetall Defense in the Armored Fighting Vehicle Industry / Leonardo in the Helicopter Industry / Nimr Automotive in the Armored Vehicle Industry / Catic in the combat drone industry / Adcom Systems in the combat drone industry / Hensoldt in electronic systems, optronics and communication systems Industry / Norinco in the light-land weapons industry / EM&E in remotely operated weapon station / Mercedes-Benz in the military truck industry / MTU and Daimler In engines industry for combat vehicles and trucks ...and we have the license to manufacture the Harris Falcon 3 Radio family from the United States...And in the near future we may see Turkish and Serbian defense companies in the Algerian market and maybe even the Russian

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
So many word just for saying nothing..anyway your claim of superiority in air warfare rely on a dozen of F-16 Viper fighters ,but you forget that we are talking here about the upcoming squadrons of the Su-57E/34M/Mig29M And 70 upgraded Su-30 fighters With low operating costs and Open/unrestricted weapon sources from Russian and China and Even from western countries we can get the technology we need for these fighters ...with Algeria's high logistical/financial capabilities, you are not qualified to fight an open war with us..

Back to Moroccan military deals Moroccan deals have always been financed by the Gulf countries that support Morocco in the Sahara conflict...also the French banks are the most important financier of Moroccan deals In this document from the Moroccan Official Journal talks about the financing of the French bank BNP for the mica deal of the moroccan army The same thing happened years ago in the freem deal financed by French banks

View attachment 45293

The rest of the deals you're talking about whether it was sep v3 / barak / Orizzonte these are just posts on Twitter and some military websites and it may stay that way for a very long time and maybe forever
I see alot of empty words from you, and false statements. I will not go into the financial aspect of the millitary funding because you mentioned that algeria is superior millitary wise so i will stay within the conversation. Dont let us talk about everything else, but yes the VL mica deal is ordered by loan from BNP.

Anyway back to the main point! The 48 F16 block 72+ Viper, and the 26 mirage that are configured to MF2000 are more then enough for the algerian air force with their old mig 29, and SU 30. Like you know yourself most of the jets dont even have targeting pods, and we know very well from previous wars how the russian jets fail to deliever against wester technology. If you take a look at how russian air force is operating in ukraina you would see how they lack targeting pods while using Compass.

You mentioned the following " The rest of the deals you're talking about whether it was sep v3 / barak / these are just posts on Twitter and some military websites".
The barak mx deal is a new deal, and i dont have any dates to provide for you. However you wrong when it comes to the sepv3 abraham tank, it got actually ordered in 2017 when it got introduced to the us army, and is rumoured to be delievered from this year.

I feel like this is a wrong thread to discuss this capabilites between the 2 countries, are you up for a new thread?

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
The important thing is, do you have any photos of the Moroccan army's participation in these maneuvers? We only see American equipment every year
Yes i have alot of pictures, and videos. I posted some, and i will post more :) Stay tuned!

M

Manomed

View attachment 45293

Su 57 is still not near Block 70.

SU 57 is a prototype unlike F16 that is a finished Jet

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom