Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Everyone knows the story that Morocco had requested the Cobra attack helicopters, but the United States refused the request.
In fact, Washington stipulated the withdrawal of the F5 from the desert to agree to the order of 24 Cobras. But Morocco refused and went to the French Ghazala, which was an alternative.

The problem was in the Carter administration’s refusal to hand us electronic warfare pods to be installed on the F5, and they refused to hand us the ov10 bronco in its latest version, and they refused to hand M60 tanks. The US was not happy with Morocco conducting airstrikes outside its borders. Its not the first time US have been strict with selling weapons to Morocco. During the 1963 sand war between morocco, and Algeria the US did not supply Morocco with weapons.

Morocco did carry air raids in Northern mali multiple times with the help of Falcon EW, and Boeing 707 with refueling capacity.

B707 REFUEL, AND FALCON 20 ELECTRONIC WARFARE RAIDS IN NORTH MALI.jpg

24 cobra.png

Morocco enter algerian airspace.png

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
The most powerful empire in African history had as its starting point this small mosque lost in the mountains of the Moroccan Atlas.

An empire that went from Marrakech to Tripoli via Seville, Algiers, and Tunis.

An empire feared by the West as evidenced by many Christian songs, respected by the East and particularly by Salahudin Al-Ayyoubi who relied on them to retake the holy city of Jerusalem.

https://twitter.com/MoorishMovement/status/1589987337991114754

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
A Moroccan expelled from Algeria on Eid 1975 along with 350,000 other Moroccans recounts how the Algerian population denounced them to the authorities. This action is often seen as "Revenge" after the green march took place to recover the Sahara that was occupied by Spain at that time.

I also want to mention that its a lot of Algerians that love Morocco, but we also have many Algerians that have a negative sentiment about Morocco.

Chakib.Y

Reactions
3 246
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
A Moroccan expelled from Algeria on Eid 1975 along with 350,000 other Moroccans recounts how the Algerian population denounced them to the authorities. This action is often seen as "Revenge" after the green march took place to recover the Sahara that was occupied by Spain at that time.

I also want to mention that its a lot of Algerians that love Morocco, but we also have many Algerians that have a negative sentiment about Morocco.

Ever the victims eh, you do realise that in 1973 Morocco nationalised Algerian citizens lands and expulsed them right ?

It sucks when innocents get caught in the crossfire but it you have anyone to blame for what happened blame yourselves because you guys started it.

The “distancing” of Moroccan citizens in 1975 had been decided after the massive expulsion of Algerian citizens from Morocco in 1973 and the confiscation of their property and land. Algerian citizens had been heavily affected by the Moroccan nationalization process. Algeria and Morocco had tried to resolve the pending problems and had put together joint commissions. The most recent attempt had taken place in June 2003. Algeria rejected unilateral measures taken by Morocco in that respect, Mr. Soualem explained and expressed hope that the two countries would be able to find a solution

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Ever the victims eh, you do realise that in 1973 Morocco nationalised Algerian citizens lands and expulsed them right ?

It sucks when innocents get caught in the crossfire but it you have anyone to blame for what happened blame yourselves because you guys started it.

The “distancing” of Moroccan citizens in 1975 had been decided after the massive expulsion of Algerian citizens from Morocco in 1973 and the confiscation of their property and land. Algerian citizens had been heavily affected by the Moroccan nationalization process. Algeria and Morocco had tried to resolve the pending problems and had put together joint commissions. The most recent attempt had taken place in June 2003. Algeria rejected unilateral measures taken by Morocco in that respect, Mr. Soualem explained and expressed hope that the two countries would be able to find a solution
Listen I'm not gonna entertain you as I have previously done. I gave you time, understanding, and even advice in private. I would respond to this matter only one time for the sake of the public, and then I will not respond further.

It's well known by International sources, arab sources, as well as Moroccan sources that the expulsion of the Moroccans in 1975 was a direct action taken after the green march, and the annexation of the Sahara by Morocco. Morocco has the archives regarding this incident, and we have actually tried to address the files, but Algeria has not shown a willingness to discuss it. If I'm not mistaken 2014 was the last time we tried when the relationship was not very strained as they are now.

Many of the "Moroccans" that lived in Algeria were a big part of the Algerian revolution. Shameful!

If anyone sees this post and wants more in-depth background then feel free to reach out to me. I will provide sources either it will be from arab media, western media, Turkish media, or Moroccan media.

Chakib.Y

Reactions
3 246
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
Listen I'm not gonna entertain you as I have previously done. I gave you time, understanding, and even advice in private. I would respond to this matter only one time for the sake of the public, and then I will not respond further.

It's well known by International sources, arab sources, as well as Moroccan sources that the expulsion of the Moroccans in 1975 was a direct action taken after the green march, and the annexation of the Sahara by Morocco. Morocco has the archives regarding this incident, and we have actually tried to address the files, but Algeria has not shown a willingness to discuss it. If I'm not mistaken 2014 was the last time we tried when the relationship was not very strained as they are now.

Many of the "Moroccans" that lived in Algeria were a big part of Algeria. Shameful!

If anyone sees this post and wants more in-depth background then feel free to reach out to me. I will provide sources either it will be from arab media, western media, Turkish media, or Moroccan media.
Oh please m not doing this for you my guy , I just don't like "misinformation", that being said, Morocco was the first to strip Algerians in Morocco off of their properties and consequently expulsing them, whatever layer you might want to add on top of it won't make this fact cease to exist, as for the audience, my source is the OHCHR Vs what ? Tabloids on your end ?

Last edited:

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
In Morocco, there is an effervescent and independent people who have more than we imagine the pride of their old history. Who remembers that he successively drove back from his soil the Portuguese, the Spaniards, the English? » - Jean Jaurès in the Chamber of Deputies, 1912.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
The late Hassan II in the Moroccan dress of the people of the Sahara region in the sixties of the century. The late man had a vision to build a strong state with all its daughters and sons, and he taught us that the land is part of identity.

In 1975, Morocco, Mauritania and Spain signed: Spain ceded its occupation of the Sahara to Morocco and Mauritania, taking the opinion of the “community” (tribal sheikhs) The sheikhs of Saqia pledged allegiance to King Hassan II. In 1979, Mauritania ceded Wadi al-Dahab. The sheikhs of Oued Ed-Dhahab pledged allegiance to King Hassan II.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Moroccan involvement in WW2

Did you know? The 2 German tank divisions (750 tanks and 30,000 men) that crushed the Polish army in 1939 were defeated at Gembloux by Moroccan soldiers.

The president of the French museum in Chastre assures that Moroccan soldiers changed the outcome of the Second World War by defeating the Nazis at Gembloux. “they were the main striking force of the French system because they were the best”

Gustav line.jpg

In 1994 during world war 2, Moroccan soldiers belonging to the 2nd Moroccan infantry division penetrated the strongest defense lines of fascist Italy and Nazi Germany (Gustav Line) , and liberated the Mount Cassino region in central Italy. Here the Goums more than proved their value as light, highly mobile mountain troops who could penetrate the most vertical terrain in fighting order and with a minimum of logistical requirements. Most military analysts consider the Goumiers' maneuver as the critical victory that finally opened the way to the Italian capital of Rome.

Yves Rechner, a former French resistance fighter from the Second World War, recounts the ease with which the Moroccans progressed in the mountainous and snowy areas. “They seemed to be flying on the snow”

The U.S. Fifth Army commander, Lieutenant General Mark W. Clark, also paid tribute to the Goumiers and the Moroccan regulars of the Tirailleur units:

In spite of the stiffening enemy resistance, the 2nd Moroccan Infantry Division penetrated the Gustave [sic] Line in less than two day's [sic] fighting. The next 48 hours on the French front were decisive.

The name of these brave soldiers was given the name goumiers, and they were under the command of the sultan of Morocco, which was a protectorate at that time under the extension of the french.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Mauritania, a former Moroccan territory, will be separated from the Alaouite empire after the French expedition and its creation by Xavier Coppolani in 1903.
In a letter written by himself before his death, he said: "I hope you have not forgotten that Mauritania is the natural continuation of Morocco."

Ma El Aïnin, Sahrawi chief born in present-day Mauritania and loyal subject to the Sultan of Morocco, will say that the tribes "declared to be subjects of Morocco and that they discovered in books that Moulay Ismail went as far as Saint Louis, in the extreme south of its states" bordering Senegal.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
In 1921 the Rif war broke out, the Rifains won many battles and advanced westward where they rallied many Jbala tribes to their cause. The Jbalas participate in particular in the victorious battle of Ouergha where France losed thousands of men.
Then the great battle of Chefchaouen, one of the biggest battles of the Rif war, where more than 17,000 to 20,000 Spaniards were killed during the famous "retreat from Chefchaouen". "In pouring rain and a swamp of mud, the three Spanish columns evacuating the city were half annihilated, with an estimated loss of 20,000 out of 40,000 men and an immense amount of war material."

Faced with the successes of the Rifains and Jbalas, french Marshal Lyautey will say as follows: "The Jbalas and Rifains are perhaps the best infantry in the world"

"These Berbers are magnificent, they don't know the word surrender, just one of them can attack an entire patrol. They never run away. I admire them and I love them but I kill them on sight."

- French officer posted in Marrakech in 1934.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Almoravid empire

During his conquest towards Sijilmassa in 1054, Abdellah Ibn Yassine (Almoravid founder) announced to his men:

“You fought and made the religion of Muhammad ﷺ triumph. You have conquered what is in front of you, you will conquer what is behind you.

The Almoravids were known for wearing the “litham”, a veil that hid their faces and mouths. This veil was worn not only by the sovereign of the dynasty but also by all members of the ruling elite, to simple soldiers.

Almoravid style.jpg

Description of Morocco during the Almoravid era by a Chinese explorer.

We are in the middle of the 13th century, the Song dynasty reigns supreme over China. A dynasty of mathematicians, astronomers, and inventors but above all explorers, the Songs sent hundreds of explorers to discover the world.It is in this context that the Almoravids are mentioned in the Chinese book by Zhao Rukuo itself taken from a geographical work called Lingwai Daida.

According to the author, the King of this country has a million soldiers under his command as well as 500 cities surrounded by walls. - People eat bread and meat; They have wheat, cows, sheep, camels, and fruits of all kinds, but they have no rice.

The sea in front of their country (Atlantic) is 200 feet deep and is visited by large ships that can carry thousands of people. “If we talk about large ships, we will not find any larger than those available to the Almoravids”

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Fierce rebellious warriors, the Amazigh of Morocco were the least Romanized/Christianized people in the entire Roman Empire.

There were only 4 localities controlled by the Catholic Church in Morocco compared to 175 localities in current Algeria and 141 in Tunisia.

Morocco was a powerful empire and a remarkable center of civilization (...) this glorious past led commentators to take the same kind of attitude towards the Cherifian Empire that it was fashionable to adopt towards -towards the Roman Empire »

Morocco roman.jpg

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom