A

adenl

afbeelding_2021-02-12_092301.png

This message will be received loud and clear

akrepon

Reactions
Nation of residence
Belgium
This is certainly a great force multiplier. I remember Iran has a manned war concept. But this is way better than anything imo. Imagine a swarm attack of these things. Wow...

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is certainly a great force multiplier. I remember Iran has a manned war concept. But this is way better than anything imo. Imagine a swarm attack of these things. Wow...

It's certainly is, I just hope they integrate SATCOM and autonomy at some point so that they are more resistant to electronic interference/attack .

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would like to see 4 versions of this:
1. Ground attack : with TRG122
2. Anti Ship : with MRAShM
3. Anti submarine: with Roketsan ASW system
4. As shown here with Sungur and Cirit + Lumtas (anti heli)

These will give more protection and fire power to platforms like TCG Anadolu and Bayraktar class LST’s. These ships can launch multiple numbers of ULAQ and create havoc to enemy ships and coastal positions.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

These will give more protection and fire power to platforms like TCG Anadolu and Bayraktar class LST’s. These ships can launch multiple numbers of ULAQ and create havoc to enemy ships and coastal positions.
Why not combine Cirit/Umtas with STAMP.. I think it needs a machine gun to protect itself at least. After firing 2 to 4 L-UMTAS it is done.. I would combine a remote controlled minigun with L-UMTAS and Sungur into one deadly platform instead. TRG122 would be heavy for a platform like this, it has been stated before that bigger version will include Medium range anti ship missile or ASW as well, I guess this one is just protecting nearby ships, that is why I think it needs a gun.

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why not combine Cirit/Umtas with STAMP.. I think it needs a machine gun to protect itself at least. After firing 2 to for L-UMTAS it is done.. I would combine a remote controlled minigun with L-UMTAS and Sungur into one deadly platform instead. TRG122 would be heavy for a platform like this, it has been stated before that bigger version will include Medium range anti ship missile or ASW as well, I guess this one is just protecting nearby ships, that is why I think it needs a gun.
Stamp with 7.62mm or 12.7mm guns is for close quarters combat. Manned boats on stop&search missions do need them. On an unmanned boat designed for attack and maximum damage to enemy, the only defence/attack combination would be Sungur/Lumtas against may be helicopters.
Should the operational need demand it, there is no reason not to add it. But as an attack boat, I would rather see stamp-2 with 40mm grenade launcher on the ULAQ.
The platform’s size is not fixed. There are going to be in different sized ULAQ’s. The version in the video will probably be the smallest one. But they are in fact thinking of bigger ones; big enough to carry MRAShM and even Atmaca if needed. So TRG series artillery rockets can be accommodated.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Stamp with 7.62mm or 12.7mm guns is for close quarters combat. Manned boats on stop&search missions do need them. On an unmanned boat designed for attack and maximum damage to enemy, the only defence/attack combination would be Sungur/Lumtas against may be helicopters.
Should the operational need demand it, there is no reason not to add it. But as an attack boat, I would rather see stamp-2 with 40mm grenade launcher on the ULAQ.
The platform’s size is not fixed. There are going to be in different sized ULAQ’s. The version in the video will probably be the smallest one. But they are in fact thinking of bigger ones; big enough to carry MRAShM and even Atmaca if needed. So TRG series artillery rockets can be accommodated.
Or 30mm Smash maybe.

D

dBSPL

National Combat Unmanned Marine Vehicle ULAQ was launched.
. ULAQ can carry 4 Javelin and 2 L-Umtas missiles with a range of 8 km. It can reach a speed of 65 km per hour.
In my opinion, what we really need variant is anti-infiltration and limited ASW capable(within network capability) patrol boat variants, for coastal and port security as well as nearby trade routes and activities..

It is necessary to consider this littoral security design as a whole with the OPV project that will start in the coming years and the modernization of the existing Tuzla boats, as well as the MPA aircrafts of the Naval Forces and the new generation MALE+ class unmanned patrol aircrafts. For example, OPV boats should be able to hangar a large number (2, 3 or may be 4) of mini ULAQs, these unmanned boats should be able to instantly benefit from the aerial tactical picture network or transfer the underwater tactical picture to the operation command control in real time. Together with advanced autonomous abilities, these boats should be able to perform missions with Tuzla class patrol boats or even Aydın class ships.

Therefore, we need to wait for the showed boat configured with ASuW superstructure (bigger one), not the current mini ULAQ. The current model was necessary for technical competence, but the real potential will emerge as payload capacity increases along with AI and net-centric capabilities..

Last edited by a moderator:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would like ULAQ better if it had hydrofoil tech, most likely faster and more agile. I don't know the downsides but it appeals to me.

2020-09-04T074000Z_1_LYNXMPEG830JG_RTROPTP_4_SWISS-BOAT-ELECTRIC.jpg

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would like ULAQ better if it had hydrofoil tech, most likely faster and more agile. I don't know the downsides but it appeals to me.

2020-09-04T074000Z_1_LYNXMPEG830JG_RTROPTP_4_SWISS-BOAT-ELECTRIC.jpg
Could be faster and less fuel consumption but no good in choppy seas. Breaks down easily! (At least the Russian ones we had did) .
Also the higher off the sea , the easier to see on radar!
You should try to go the other direction. If we could sink it as much as we could it would be better. Ideally next stage could be a completely submerged version with only a small RAM painted snorkel above water to communicate with and coming out of water when in range.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,766
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are already several concepts around. Even NATO has such concepts, it’s been posted back in aututmn I think.

T

Turko

Can ULAQ or its sized boat be detected from 20km distance with shirborne radars? İf yes , the one with Medium range AShMs will be necessary.

Let's imagine how ULAQ attacking on greek frigates.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom