uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
11 1,373
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
First Milden class will definitely be AIP diesel electric. We have older boats that will need replacing by the time Milden is in building phase and they will use the tech they will have known by then, not nuclear with which we have no experience. In the future tho, I also think there will be attempts at SS(B)Ns under the continuation of Milden.
Yeah SSBN would be like TF2000 of milden, where first ones are like ADA class

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,266
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
First Milden class will definitely be AIP diesel electric. We have older boats that will need replacing by the time Milden is in building phase and they will use the tech they will have known by then, not nuclear with which we have no experience. In the future tho, I also think there will be attempts at SS(B)Ns under the continuation of Milden.
We have came a long way on Kaan project we can do a similar progress in nuclear propulsion when the time comes.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
39 2,755
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
One year after GE Aerospace signed an agreement with TAIS OG-STM İş Ortaklığı in Istanbul, Türkiye, to provide LM2500 marine gas turbines for the İstif-Class frigates number 6 - 8 in the MILGEM project, an order for frigates number 9 – 12 has been initiated. GE Aerospace’s LM2500 will supply 23 MW of power to each frigate.

Last edited:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
64 8,184
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Great news.

-
I still don't understand why they go with this numbering scheme. All it does is to confuse the reader. Yes, Istif is the continuation of Milgem and Ada Class ships. But Ada Class is completed with all ships delivered. Just use one or the other. A layperson directly understands this as if Istif will be a 12 ship class instead of 8. Add Hisars and Ufuk and it becomes a soup with somewhere between 15 and 23 hulls. It's just confusing.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
39 2,755
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Great news.

-
I still don't understand why they go with this numbering scheme. All it does is to confuse the reader. Yes, Istif is the continuation of Milgem and Ada Class ships. But Ada Class is completed with all ships delivered. Just use one or the other. A layperson directly understands this as if Istif will be a 12 ship class instead of 8. Add Hisars and Ufuk and it becomes a soup with somewhere between 15 and 23 hulls. It's just confusing.
agreed...but kind of enjoying it as well.... MILGEM... guess this numbering scheme will continue till we accept the fact/ get used to fact that now we are a ship building nation... and most probably this will coincide with the deliveries of TF 2000... I mean getting used to :devilish: otherwise as you stated they have their offical designations ADA İSTİF HİSAR

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom