Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Honestly if Pakistan does open up relations with Israel.thats fine to be honest. Its geopolitics afterall of course Pakistan should be aware of Israel's intentions.
There is at present a unwritten understanding between Israel and Pakistan that the nukes are India centric. Some of the missiles now can reach Israel but Tel Aviv is assured that they do not pose a threat.

However this was not always the case. Back in 1970s when Israel became aware she was concerned and this would make logical sense. I can't give you US Supreme Court grade proof and evidence for this but as is always the case in such issues there is not much evidence as the parties don't tend to leave 'fingerprint' around.

But it would be reasonable to surmise that any Israeli PM would have been concerned about a Muslim state which refuses to recognize Israel developing nukes. Thus it is plausible that PM Begin would have been concerned. Furthermore given Israel's very aggressive posture as we saw with the attack on Osirak facility in Iraq in 1980s it would be reasonable to expect Israel to contemplate similar thing to Pakistan in 1980s.

I believe however USA and UK interceded with Israel given that in 1980s the west was involved in the jihad against the Red Army in Afghanistan to which Pakistan was a vital component and Israel was restrained from any rash action that would have been catastrophic to the US effort to defeat Soviet Union. However I believe USA/UK not only interceded but brought about a understanding between Pakistan and Israel which persists to this day.

However Pakistan or Israel will never go public with this.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
On the subject of recognition I personally think it would be the best thing Pakistan could do. I hate the idea of placing all of Pakistan hostage to the Indian loving Palestininans. But sadly after 70 years of the public being brainwashed with Islam and idea of the ummah this has now become very difficult to do. Particularly as the religious lobby heavily financed by Saudi oil dollars preach that all roads to Islam go through Gaza.

Thus Pakistan's Israel policy is tragically hostahe to Saudia Arabia. If and when Saudia recognizes Israel then Pakistan can request KSA to muzzle it's dogs inside Pakistan. Then give another few years to sedate the Pakistani public I can see Israel being recognized.

So you want to know when Pakistan will recognize Israel? Just set your watch to Saudia recognition day plus 5 years. Until then forget about it.

N

Null/Void

There is at present a unwritten understanding between Israel and Pakistan that the nukes are India centric. Some of the missiles now can reach Israel but Tel Aviv is assured that they do not pose a threat.

However this was not always the case. Back in 1970s when Israel became aware she was concerned and this would make logical sense. I can't give you US Supreme Court grade proof and evidence for this but as is always the case in such issues there is not much evidence as the parties don't tend to leave 'fingerprint' around.

But it would be reasonable to surmise that any Israeli PM would have been concerned about a Muslim state which refuses to recognize Israel developing nukes. Thus it is plausible that PM Begin would have been concerned. Furthermore given Israel's very aggressive posture as we saw with the attack on Osirak facility in Iraq in 1980s it would be reasonable to expect Israel to contemplate similar thing to Pakistan in 1980s.

I believe however USA and UK interceded with Israel given that in 1980s the west was involved in the jihad against the Red Army in Afghanistan to which Pakistan was a vital component and Israel was restrained from any rash action that would have been catastrophic to the US effort to defeat Soviet Union. However I believe USA/UK not only interceded but brought about a understanding between Pakistan and Israel which persists to this day.

However Pakistan or Israel will never go public with this.
Israel and Pakistan seem to have at least some form of diplomatic channels going at least back to the mid 1980s they were rumors that Israeli trainers were also training the Muj and sending cache of confiscated PLO weponary to the Muj as well through the Pakistanis

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Israel and Pakistan seem to have at least some form of diplomatic channels going at least back to the mid 1980s they were rumors that Israeli trainers were also training the Muj and sending cache of confiscated PLO weponary to the Muj as well through the Pakistanis
Frankly the Muj did not need any training and when they did, ISI or PA provided that. Even CIA with stuff like hi-tec US missiles. The Israeli's did play a role. They had vast amount of captured Syrian etc weapons of Soviet origin. These were ideal in Afghanistan because first the ambiquity of US support could be retained and secondly they matched with captured weapons used by Muj thus logistics was simplified.

Top Bottom