Pakistan Pakistani MALE UAV program

syedakm

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Pakistan
1629573570329.png

Within the scope of the contract signed to expand the potential market for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and to increase the cooperation between Pakistan and Turkey, TAI and NESCOM; will be jointly responsible for employment, resource and technology transfer.
A contract is signed between Turkish Aerospace Industries #TAI and Pakistan's National Engineering and Science Commission (#NESCOM) for the joint production of "#ANKA Unmanned Aerial Vehicles".

Last edited by a moderator:

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
What progress has Pakistan made in the UAV field? From last, I remember Pakistan was developing tactical size UAVs

Bilal Khan(Quwa) 

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
3 227
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Pakistan
What progress has Pakistan made in the UAV field? From last, I remember Pakistan was developing tactical size UAVs

Yep they have a few:

Air Weapons Complex (AWC) = Shahpar II (TB2-sized)
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) = MALE UAV (Anka-sized)
NESCOM = Burraq (basically CH-3)

AWC and PAC are working on original designs of their own, but NESCOM seems to be open license manufacturing overseas designs. I guess they're moving on from the Burraq and replacing it with the Anka.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Will Pakistan produce all of the Anka from scratch? Or will it locally produce some parts only?

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
I think pakistan want to locally design and produce drones ... But as we know its very challenging to produce subsystems ,radars,e/os,ammunition,communication systems ,engines, in addition to design and software support.. So they will need to find a supplier for them ..there is two candidates ..china and turkey .. so even if they didnt purchase anka or tb2 ... There could be a large area for mutual cooperation

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I dont understand,whats he saying?

TAI signed a memorandum of understanding for cooperation in the field of UAV with Pakistan's National Engineering and Science Commission within the scope of IDEF '21 Fair. Pakistan has been working on an equivalent of ANKA SIHA for a while. The know-how of TUSAS may be reflected in this project as well.

The Dutchman

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
TAI signed a memorandum of understanding for cooperation in the field of UAV with Pakistan's National Engineering and Science Commission within the scope of IDEF '21 Fair. Pakistan has been working on an equivalent of ANKA SIHA for a while. The know-how of TUSAS may be reflected in this project as well.
I dont understand,the Pakistanis were boosting about their UAV programs,what happened to them?
This is really funny,Burraq was the best bla bla and now they are buying the Anka from Turkey.

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I dont understand,the Pakistanis were boosting about their UAV programs,what happened to them?
This is really funny,Burraq was the best bla bla and now they are buying the Anka from Turkey.

There is a big difference between tactical and MALE class drones. Pakistan has enough tactical drones that have filled their needs for that specific role and capabilities, but its evident they need something more sophisticated and more capable. Many countries have made tactical class drones, that isn't particularly hard. Anka will complement their vast inventory of drones, the same way our Anka's, Akinci's and Aksungurs complement our vast fleet of Bayraktars. Burraq and others will be workhorses, whilst Anka will provide the best capabilities and features that are desired by Pakistan. It makes perfect sense because Pakistan's PAC is already producing and providing parts for the Anka, so it makes sense to lean into Turkish drones within this framework.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,905
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey

UAV systems are not very simple vehicles, contrary to what is known. There are UAV projects in many countries of the world, yes these vehicles can fly in practice, but this flight does not mean that they can do what Anka and TB2 did in Syria, Iraq,Azerbaijan or Libya..Indigenous solutions and thousands of hours of feedbacks are the details that make these birds perfect. Pakistan is well aware of what it has signed with Turkey.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom