Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
My dad supports akp while my mum somewhat does but she even agrees with me that akp has lots of wrongs. She is even willing to accept constructive criticism.

By the way they voted for lots of parties. It all depends on policy.

Even if my dad supports akp. I still respect and love him. My dad loves Turkiye a lot no matter what.

Yeah I can agree if you live in a different country you cant decide on the countries future.

But even in Overseas you will get lots of people with different political opinions. Even educated guys support Tayyip.

Its a stupid to tie it down to dumb villagers vs the educated urbanite.

Its a bit funny to be calling all Gurtbetcis as rednecks as most Gurbetcis came from villages with no future now today their descendants are basically educated and living in urban areas.

When it comes to religion you will get conservative, moderate, non practising or an athiest or an Alevi. I even met some religious Alevis who go to mosques to pray while I met Alevis who see being Alevi as a cultural identity.
If you have read I haven't called brilliant and logical ones as redneck !!
"Except ...."

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,091
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Actually if someone is living abroad he or she shouldn’t be able to vote in Türkiye. That is clear because that person doesn’t really experience the consequences of his decision. This motivates them to vote for different reasons like religion, charisma etc. When Erdogan says „Ey Avrupa…“ these guys may feel some relief. I still think CHP and other opposition parties lost unnecessary points through careless comments and by unduly relaxing some principles, or historically by being too harsh on headscarf. And yes there is around 30% or more voter base for AKP which is kind of entrenched. I think at least 5% of this group can be gained by opposition if they balance their statements. Similar with Gurbetcis.

Seriously how does Erdogan get this much votes even supporters?

This has never been achieved from the post Ataturk era.

What makes Erdogan so attractive compared to other politicians in Turkiye?

There has to be more reasons apart from religion or being conservative.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan

Let's not forget that Erdoğan and AKP had massive funding from the west.

There are documents from the 90s which explain how the USA wants the Kemalist military replaced with a mild Islamic government which is easier to control. Who knows what type of support they had to brainwash so many people.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,091
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

There are documents from the 90s which explain how the USA wants the Kemalist military replaced with a mild Islamic government which is easier to control. Who knows what type of support they had to brainwash so many people.

There has been many conservative politicians many even failed to attract so many voters even from their own crowd.

What makes Erdogan so attractive.

We get the same story with Donald Trump. The man just seems to draw in crowds.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
There has been many conservative politicians many even failed to attract so many voters even from their own crowd.

What makes Erdogan so attractive.

We get the same story with Donald Trump. The man just seems to draw in crowds.
He was an exceptional public speaker. When the USA caught onto this, they knew he was the man for the job.

In fact he visited the USA before elections and even got an award...

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
Btw he (RTE) was supposed to Islamise the country. All those mosques, all those religious schools, all those Imams and all those refugees were part of this plan. Essentially, it was supposed to be like Iran 2.0.. The problem is that all of this has backfired. This aggressive Islamisation funded by the West and Arab gulf states spectacularly failed. As a result, a lot of the youth have become Deist, Athiest or Tengrist.

If they had succeeded, then Arabic would have become an official language. Turkic culture in Turkey would be heavily diminished. Furthermore, Turkey would be seen as the new Iran and painted as full enemy.

This is why at the peak of the Syrian civil war western media was heavily demonising Turkey. They even got us to cooperate with the same Islamists that they funded, yet we were the bad guys...

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Actually if someone is living abroad he or she shouldn’t be able to vote in Türkiye. That is clear because that person doesn’t really experience the consequences of his decision. This motivates them to vote for different reasons like religion, charisma etc. When Erdogan says „Ey Avrupa…“ these guys may feel some relief. I still think CHP and other opposition parties lost unnecessary points through careless comments and by unduly relaxing some principles, or historically by being too harsh on headscarf. And yes there is around 30% or more voter base for AKP which is kind of entrenched. I think at least 5% of this group can be gained by opposition if they balance their statements. Similar with Gurbetcis.
I live abroad and don’t hold a dual citizenship. Just a Turkish citizen living in another country as a legal alien as they call it in the States. Therefore I am only eligible to vote in Turkish elections.
I would have tended to agree with you though, if you had suggested that only those who hold up dual citizenship must be restricted from voting in Turkish elections.
However, with that I see a major obstacle.
Turkey like every other country that observe (and should always observe) the rule of law recognizes her nationals‘ universal enfranchisement rights and those rights are inalienable

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Well, unfortunately most of those people were always like that. Some converted after 1980s. The Islamization did not begin with Erdogan. He was just a strong, charismatic speaker appealing to the masses. Even myself with a PhD voted for him initially because there was a strong momentum towards EU, and I thought a modern mild Islam may help us become a leader in the region. How naive! I am personally not against religion, and respect it, but I consider it 100% personal. It has no place in the public and politics. But our people are fanatic about religion. They boast about it, they like to show it, they want to force you etc. They worship RTE. I know from some relatives. No logic, no reason. Whatever RTE does, it must be right. Our sociologists, teachers etc need to do a lot. Those people are just lost. They need help and patience. The problem won’t be solved by being angry with them. But I observe some signs of hope with their youth. We cannot afford losing yet another generation.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,857
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Oh again, his family worked so much!! Oh kıyamam sana!!
Our family does not work?? Lan in our family,even children's are working but barely live!!

Don’t take it personally. How much is the employment rate in Turkey? In Germany over 75%! How long they have to work to go in pension? In Germany at least 45 years. In the future nobody will go in before he/she is 70 years old!

Last edited:

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
Well, unfortunately most of those people were always like that. Some converted after 1980s. The Islamization did not begin with Erdogan.
Correct, Islamisation goes way back. There was a lot of efforts by the West and Arab states to Islamise Turkey. Most famous example is FETÖ.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,857
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ahahahah. Yeah thats the problem you shouldnt have the same rights. You shouldnt have double citizenship and talk shit at the first place.
——————————
Why? Because you don’t like the party we wrote? Means, if we would vote the party you prefer, you wouldn’t have any problem?

The only thing that makes you speak like that your dumb villiager grandfather went there and did nasty jobs that a german wouldnt do.
——————

Exactly! We, or our father and grandfather do/did dirty jobs, nobody would do. Things, your grandfather would not do. He spend his times in cafes, eat sunflower seeds and stare afterwards women. Embarrassing!

Now you have money you can come back and start a new life in your belowed country. But of course you will get retired in germany and then you pay your retirement for turkey (what a smart move) and come here and talk about how turks dont understand the world and they should work harder.
—————————-
Exactly! That’s the plan. But it is not enough to work hard. You have to work smart.

“One more thing, one day I will return home. Be glad that you have that gurbetci. Without us, Europeans would eat you out.”
and this one was the cringiest thing ever. What do you think almancis are. They are low life people that are are “sark kurnazi”. they would vote for greens in germany and akp in turkey.
———————

If we are low life. What do you think think you are? I bet you have not even a toilet at home, and must go out in wilderness, like an animal. You are not only uneducated, you are also uncivilized.

They are so dumb that they would think that driving their car from germany to sivas to brag about it is a good idea. They would go and make a “dugun konvoyu” in the middle of berlin and think that its brilliant. On top of that they would think that they are so important for turkey.
—————————————

I was never been in Sivas. Like the most here. And driving to Turkey is not forbidden. And what has a “dugun convoy” for a value in this discussion? Who cares if any Turks in what ever city in Germany makes any convoy? It’s far better than shooting around with guns and kill some one.
The reason why most vote for SPD, and not Green Party, is, it’s the most foreign friendly party.

Hey you almancis dont even move your finger when erdogan gets humiliated by germans. You dont even the slightest level of diaspora power.
————————-
Indeed. That’s true.

You are mostly uneducated compared to turks in turkey.
———————-
Nice joke . I would laugh out loud if I did not have to cry. From cars (TOGG) to UAV’s. (Baykal) Without Gurbetcis you would fail.

Thats why im saying that double citizenship should be stopped so that turkey can get rid of you. Seriously about investing in turkey. I would prefer retired brits or germans over you. At least they are educated and dont vote or wont vote for erdogan.
……………….
I really believe in that that you would prefer an enemy of Turkey over Turks abroad. Thanks for clarification! We will not forget this. Wanne be Kemalist.

Last edited:

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,533
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
But our people are fanatic about religion. They boast about it, they like to show it, they want to force you etc. They worship RTE. I know from some relatives. No logic, no reason. Whatever RTE does, it must be right.

This right here. Unfortunately this happen because of lack of education. This is why it is extremely important for Turkiye to improve education. Like Malcolm X said, Education is the passport to the future.

M

Manomed

True, but also witgout gurbets we were Sri Lanka now.

The amount of investments, property purchases, consumptions and cash flows that the millions of gurbets bring every year gives the economy fresh breath.
We don't need your money nor you

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,857
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Bro, just look at his success. Without his facking mouth "coban" confess ala "eyy..", he would be more successful.

Profchaos

Reactions
1 278
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is quite hard towards Turks living abroad. Most of these people have national feelings and you see that some well- educated intelligent people spend their time here in this forum because they are genuinely interested in the progress made by Türkiye in defence industry. People in this forum appear to care for their country, which is laudable and we should not let differences in political views degenerate to hate speeches.
Then they should talk about defence related stuff and stop lecturing people that live in turkey for not knowing turkish politics. He is deluded enough to think that without almancis europe would eat turkiye out. AND i dont want any of the gurbetcis here to vote in any turkish elections, akp supporter or opposition. This is the dumbest thin.

Profchaos

Reactions
1 278
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Person who works in a toilet is better than the lazy asshole who does not work and gets welfare.

They worked shitty jobs for their children to get an education good on you for spitting on their faces.
Yeah tell that to germans. Those were german toilets not turkish. Turkish diaspora has no power nor the intent to do anything for turkey. Their absence for turkey is not important maybe even benificial for this country.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don’t take it seriously. How much is the employment rate in Turkey? In Germany over 75%! How long they have to work to go in pension? In Germany at least 45 years. In the future nobody will go in before he/she is 70 years old!
Then don't live there!! Still insist on Germany is not good but Turkey superpower speech from akp fan alamanci!!

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don’t take it seriously. How much is the employment rate in Turkey? In Germany over 75%! How long they have to work to go in pension? In Germany at least 45 years. In the future nobody will go in before he/she is 70 years old!
Employment rate?? In Turkish employment rate, no one considers housewife in Anatolia who work day and night for there for contribution to house income !! Have you ever heard fındık toplama, patates toplama?? Or let's say women work for their cows etc?? They are not in the list for work force !! But they work more than any Alamanci!!

Top Bottom