TR Politics

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Westerners use Semitic-Hebrew names like David, John, Sarah, Aaron, Joseph.

When Turks took up Islam they took up arabic or persian names they still used Turkic names like Alperen, Sebuktigin, Baybars, Alparslan, Cagri, Tugurl, Alptekin, Orhan, Ataman various others.

Actually I lived in Australia not one person called me an arab. This whole discourse of Non Arab Muslims being seen as arab was part of the whole orientalism discourse.

Westerners even painted Turks as dark skin africans.

It all stems from ignorance or bias because the Eastern Steppes and the Middle East were seen as the forces of darkness.

Europeans melted Christianity within their culture. Today the religion they worship has nothing to do with original Christianity.
What you dont get is that they didnt become successful due to Christianity, they became successful DESPITE Christianity.

So when some regressive people resist to ideas taken from Europe because they are Christian, it is stupid because those ideas had nothing to do with Christianity. Secularism isnt related to Christianity, women not wearing headscarfs isnt related to Christianity in fact it is the opposite, hat and ties arent Christian clothes, nationalism isnt related to Christianity.

Europeans/Americans use some judeo-christian names true but it is like less than %10, their own ethnic names are way more. Celtic names, Slavic names, Germanic/Scandinavian names, Latin names...Turkey only used Arabic names in Ottoman times. There were no Sebuktegins, there were no Baybars, there were no Alperens, there were no Alparslans, Chagris, Tughruls, Alptekins.

I have come across Dogan, Turgut, Ataman, Korkut, Orhan, Kılıç, Uluç, Bayram in Ottoman history.

Now I didnt feel lazy and I looked through all the 292 grandviziers in the entire Ottoman history to see if there was even one grandvizier with a Turkish name.

Among those 292 grandviziers I only found one: Bayram Pasha. The rest of them had non-Turkic names.

An Ottoman male name is: Hasan, Ali, Mehmed, Galib, Mustafa, Hayreddin, Naim, Halil, Hamid, Hamdi, Sinan, Yunus, Yusuf, Musa, İsa, Vefik, İshak, İbrahim, Lütfi, Süleyman, Rüstem, Refik, Davut, İsmail, Murad, Hilmi, Hakkı, Said, Tevfik, Kamil, Fuat, Hüseyin, Osman, Selim, İzzet, Şevket...and Abdül names.

It is like finding an oasis in a desert to find a Turkish name in Ottoman history.

One of the sons of Shehzade Cem was Oghuz Khagan. It was a politically given name because Tamerlane's grandson Shahrukh was blaming Murad II and Ottomans for being regenerates. So at that period the state had a small Turkish nationalism boost. It disappeared shortly after needless to say.

Here are the 50 most used male names in Turkey, from 2016: ''Mehmet, Mustafa, Ahmet, Ali, Hüseyin, Hasan, İbrahim, İsmail, Osman, Yusuf, Murat, Ömer, Ramazan, Halil, Süleyman, Abdullah, Mahmut, Recep, Salih, Fatih, Kadir, Emre, Mehmet Ali, Hakan, Adem, Kemal, Yaşar, Bekir, Musa, Metin, Bayram, Serkan, Orhan, Burak, Furkan, Gökhan, Yasin, Uğur, Yakup, Muhammet, Muhammed, Şükrü, Cemal, Enes, Yunus, Arif, Onur, Yılmaz, Şaban, Halil İbrahim.''

I counted 8 Turkic names, well there is improvement compared to Ottoman times.

Here are the 50 most used female names in Turkey, from 2016: '' Fatma, Ayşe, Emine, Hatice, Zeynep, Elif, Meryem, Şerife, Zehra, Sultan, Hanife, Merve, Havva, Zeliha, Esra, Fadime, Özlem, Hacer, Yasemin, Melek, Rabia, Hülya, Cemile, Sevim, Gülsüm, Leyla, Dilek, Büşra, Aysel, Songül, Kübra, Halime, Esma, Aynur, Hayriye, Kariye, Tuğba, Sevgi, Rukiye, Hava, Sibel, Derya, Asiye, Filiz, Keziban, Ebru, Ayşegül, Döndü, Selma, Ayten.''

9 and a half(Aynur) are Turkic. Actually Filiz is disputed so 8 and a half.

Overwhelming majority are Arabic. Any person taking a look at this list would feel safe to say this is an Arabic nation.

S

Sinan

Trade Minister Faces Allegations of Nepotism

Ruhsar Pekcan

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s trade minister has been accused of favoring her husband’s company in government tenders.

Oda TV reported over the weekend that the Trade Ministry purchased disinfectants worth 9 million liras ($929,000) from two companies owned by Trade Minister Ruhsar Pekcan’s husband. On Monday, lawmaker Ali Oztunc of the opposition Republican People’s Party put the matter on parliament’s agenda, formally asking Pekcan whether the alleged sale complied with rules governing state tenders and whether she directly ordered the purchase of the supplies.

Pekcan’s office did not immediately comment.

------------------------------------------------------------

Supporters of Erdogan regime never talks on these.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Trade Minister Faces Allegations of Nepotism

Ruhsar Pekcan

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s trade minister has been accused of favoring her husband’s company in government tenders.

Oda TV reported over the weekend that the Trade Ministry purchased disinfectants worth 9 million liras ($929,000) from two companies owned by Trade Minister Ruhsar Pekcan’s husband. On Monday, lawmaker Ali Oztunc of the opposition Republican People’s Party put the matter on parliament’s agenda, formally asking Pekcan whether the alleged sale complied with rules governing state tenders and whether she directly ordered the purchase of the supplies.

Pekcan’s office did not immediately comment.

------------------------------------------------------------

Supporters of Erdogan regime never talks on these.
Most vocal AKP trolls are being nutrished by the goverment themselves, the whole structure called AKP is built on corruption.
Turkey under their rule became one of the most corrupt countries in the world at least on par with the like of Russia.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Emine Erdogan's nephew became deputy general manager in Turkish Airlines

All institutions filled with relatives of the akpians or school friends of Bilal boy from Kartal IHL. All receiving huge amounts of salary. Many get salary from multiple institutions. When they are giving citizens peanuts they are increasing their fortune.

S

Sinan

Emine Erdogan's nephew became deputy general manager in Turkish Airlines

All institutions filled with relatives of the akpians or school friends of Bilal boy from Kartal IHL. All receiving huge amounts of salary. Many get salary from multiple institutions. When they are giving citizens peanuts they are increasing their fortune.
There are many people from the government like that.

Deputy Minister of Culture and Tourism.

Government Salary: 27,717 TL
Salary from being a border a member in the Kuveyt Turk Bank: 64.454 TL
Monthly Share of profit from Kuveyt Turk Bank: 84,556 TL

His monthly salary is: 176,727 TL in a country where the minimum wage is 2,300 TL.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,085
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Europeans melted Christianity within their culture. Today the religion they worship has nothing to do with original Christianity.
What you dont get is that they didnt become successful due to Christianity, they became successful DESPITE Christianity.

So when some regressive people resist to ideas taken from Europe because they are Christian, it is stupid because those ideas had nothing to do with Christianity. Secularism isnt related to Christianity, women not wearing headscarfs isnt related to Christianity in fact it is the opposite, hat and ties arent Christian clothes, nationalism isnt related to Christianity.

Europeans/Americans use some judeo-christian names true but it is like less than %10, their own ethnic names are way more. Celtic names, Slavic names, Germanic/Scandinavian names, Latin names...Turkey only used Arabic names in Ottoman times. There were no Sebuktegins, there were no Baybars, there were no Alperens, there were no Alparslans, Chagris, Tughruls, Alptekins.

I have come across Dogan, Turgut, Ataman, Korkut, Orhan, Kılıç, Uluç, Bayram in Ottoman history.

Now I didnt feel lazy and I looked through all the 292 grandviziers in the entire Ottoman history to see if there was even one grandvizier with a Turkish name.

Among those 292 grandviziers I only found one: Bayram Pasha. The rest of them had non-Turkic names.

An Ottoman male name is: Hasan, Ali, Mehmed, Galib, Mustafa, Hayreddin, Naim, Halil, Hamid, Hamdi, Sinan, Yunus, Yusuf, Musa, İsa, Vefik, İshak, İbrahim, Lütfi, Süleyman, Rüstem, Refik, Davut, İsmail, Murad, Hilmi, Hakkı, Said, Tevfik, Kamil, Fuat, Hüseyin, Osman, Selim, İzzet, Şevket...and Abdül names.

It is like finding an oasis in a desert to find a Turkish name in Ottoman history.

One of the sons of Shehzade Cem was Oghuz Khagan. It was a politically given name because Tamerlane's grandson Shahrukh was blaming Murad II and Ottomans for being regenerates. So at that period the state had a small Turkish nationalism boost. It disappeared shortly after needless to say.

Here are the 50 most used male names in Turkey, from 2016: ''Mehmet, Mustafa, Ahmet, Ali, Hüseyin, Hasan, İbrahim, İsmail, Osman, Yusuf, Murat, Ömer, Ramazan, Halil, Süleyman, Abdullah, Mahmut, Recep, Salih, Fatih, Kadir, Emre, Mehmet Ali, Hakan, Adem, Kemal, Yaşar, Bekir, Musa, Metin, Bayram, Serkan, Orhan, Burak, Furkan, Gökhan, Yasin, Uğur, Yakup, Muhammet, Muhammed, Şükrü, Cemal, Enes, Yunus, Arif, Onur, Yılmaz, Şaban, Halil İbrahim.''

I counted 8 Turkic names, well there is improvement compared to Ottoman times.

Here are the 50 most used female names in Turkey, from 2016: '' Fatma, Ayşe, Emine, Hatice, Zeynep, Elif, Meryem, Şerife, Zehra, Sultan, Hanife, Merve, Havva, Zeliha, Esra, Fadime, Özlem, Hacer, Yasemin, Melek, Rabia, Hülya, Cemile, Sevim, Gülsüm, Leyla, Dilek, Büşra, Aysel, Songül, Kübra, Halime, Esma, Aynur, Hayriye, Kariye, Tuğba, Sevgi, Rukiye, Hava, Sibel, Derya, Asiye, Filiz, Keziban, Ebru, Ayşegül, Döndü, Selma, Ayten.''

9 and a half(Aynur) are Turkic. Actually Filiz is disputed so 8 and a half.

Overwhelming majority are Arabic. Any person taking a look at this list would feel safe to say this is an Arabic nation.

If Turkey is an Arabic country why arent we part of the Arab league why arent we speaking Arabic???

Go to an Arab and say Turkey is an Arabic nation and he will laugh at your face.

So much useless arab fear mongering.

images - 2021-04-30T201238.483.jpeg

images - 2021-04-30T201247.849.jpeg

Ottomans are called an Arab empire by some ignorant Turks only to see only few Arabs were employed as grand Viziers.

Last edited:

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are many people from the government like that.

Deputy Minister of Culture and Tourism.

Government Salary: 27,717 TL
Salary from being a border a member in the Kuveyt Turk Bank: 64.454 TL
Monthly Share of profit from Kuveyt Turk Bank: 84,556 TL

His monthly salary is: 176,727 TL in a country where the minimum wage is 2,300 TL.

Funny, or more miserable thing is even this non standard salary can't buy this car in Turkey:

Model (*4)DonanımFiyat (*1-2-3-8)
Polo 1.0 80 PS ManuelTrendline₺207.300,00İnceleyin
Polo 1.0 TSI 95 PS ManuelComfortline₺215.200,00İnceleyin
Polo 1.0 TSI 95 PS DSGComfortline₺217.100,00İnceleyin
Polo 1.0 TSI 95 PS DSGHighline₺315.500,00İnceleyin

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I've changed my mind after reading the debate on Turkish vs Arabic version of Qur'an. Going to vote one more time for RTE.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,085
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish culture is a mix of cultures not to mention us Turks influenced the culture of our neighbours.

Turkish culture having Arab, Persian and Western does not make us Arabs, Persians or Westerners by default. Just part of cultural exchanges.

Turkish culture is still Turkic at its core. Language is the biggest part of an identity. We speak Turkish.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I've changed my mind after reading the debate on Turkish vs Arabic version of Qur'an. Going to vote one more time for RTE.

RTE is going for good and taking islamism with him.

Turkish politics will never see any other islamist after him.

Generation Z has arrived, 7 million men arrived, the cavalry has arrived.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,791
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Davutoglu is too much like RTE, too religious. Babacan is more like Süleyman Demirel type, just more mellow, but keeps islam out of politics. That’s how I see it. KKF could have picked any of these two. Yet he’s going for RTE.

I’d like to admit I could afford two of the most expensive polo, cash on my annual salary before tax.

I don’t really have expensive hobbies. Go fishing, reading books, manga, anime or play computer. So I save up. My family is doing decently from my estimat and thanks to my wife we waste money on unnecessary stuff (huzulu).

This is life in a economic stable country. Where you have democracy, and coalitions. And a parliament like system.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,025
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Davutoglu is too much like RTE, too religious. Babacan is more like Süleyman Demirel type, just more mellow, but keeps islam out of politics. That’s how I see it. KKF could have picked any of these two. Yet he’s going for RTE.

I’d like to admit I could afford two of the most expensive polo, cash on my annual salary before tax.

I don’t really have expensive hobbies. Go fishing, reading books, manga, anime or play computer. So I save up. My family is doing decently from my estimat and thanks to my wife we waste money on unnecessary stuff (huzulu).

This is life in a economic stable country. Where you have democracy, and coalitions. And a parliament like system.

Would love to know what Babacan discusses in the Bilderberg meetings. I wonder if Allah would approve of such associations.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Babacan and Davutoglu were the most dangerous faces of AKP.
I dislike them more than I dislike Erdogan and boy I for sure dislike Erdogan.

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As if you were going to vote for someone else. AKP supporters voting not for religion but for the money so that they can continue their robbery.
Yes, there are many pro-LGBTQ+ AK voters like me who support same sex marriage.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom