Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,318
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
KK want to work to the next election, that 5 years later. KK will be 80 years💀.

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is that an issue over there? I mean, being appointed in higher positions while having Kurdish root?
I don't know how the perception in the world is but it's not like that at all.Turgut Özal, who served as prime minister and president in the 80s-90s, was of Kurdish origin.In fact, between 1993 and 1996, the prime minister of our country was a woman named Tansu Çiller.If Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu had been elected we would have filled the list with the President of Alevi origin.Maybe we could even win the sjw nobel prize as a country 😅.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mehmet Fatih Kacır, İsmail Demir and Temel Kotil from the defense industry sector have been mentioned for the ministry of industry, Ümit Dündar from the TAFF and Yaşar Güler, the Chief of the General Staff, for the ministry of defense, and Erhan Afyoncu, the rector of the National Defense University, for the ministry of national education.

I am not sure about Erhan Afyoncu, but I would support Mehmet Fatih Kacır as minister of industry and Ümit Dündar as minister of defense. I think it will not be a surprise to see 3 ministers from the defense industry bureaucracy and the army/ministry of national defense. But I am in favor of people like Kotil and Demir staying at the helm of institutions.

In the same way, I think it would be a big mistake to remove Hakan Fidan from the MİT, especially if he is replaced by İbrahim Kalın as speculated. Finally, I need to say, I think the choice of Mehmet Simsek is not the right step. Mehmet Simsek is the name that the markets want, and in fact my personal investments will multiply if he becomes a minister, but I still think so.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,376
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Mehmet Fatih Kacır, İsmail Demir and Temel Kotil from the defense industry sector have been mentioned for the ministry of industry, Ümit Dündar from the TAFF and Yaşar Güler, the Chief of the General Staff, for the ministry of defense, and Erhan Afyoncu, the rector of the National Defense University, for the ministry of national education.

I am not sure about Erhan Afyoncu, but I would support Mehmet Fatih Kacır as minister of industry and Ümit Dündar as minister of defense. I think it will not be a surprise to see 3 ministers from the defense industry bureaucracy and the army/ministry of national defense. But I am in favor of people like Kotil and Demir staying at the helm of institutions.

In the same way, I think it would be a big mistake to remove Hakan Fidan from the MİT, especially if he is replaced by İbrahim Kalın as speculated. Finally, I need to say, I think the choice of Mehmet Simsek is not the right step. Mehmet Simsek is the name that the markets want, and in fact my personal investments will multiply if he becomes a minister, but I still think so.

If I am not mistaken, that general acted very courageously during the night of coup. Or was it somebody else?

ibrahim is Kalin new intelligence chief or Foreign minister?

Last edited:

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,953
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
He lost ~40 MP seats of his own party to Deva, Gelecek, Demokrat and Saadet Parti who contributed together what, max. 0,5%? And they still try to portray the elections as pyrrhic victory for AKP.

1685739383485.png

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If I am not mistaken, that general acted very courageously during the night of coup. Or was it somebody else?

ibrahim is Kalin new intelligence chief or Foreign minister?
I won't go into too much detail, but one of the most important things you need to know about the military balance in the country is that no coup attempt can succeed without the 1st Army. The first condition for a coup in this country is the success of the coup in the 1st Army. One of the biggest heroes of the July 15 invasion attempt is Ümit Dündar, the commander of the 1st Army of that day, who said, "I am at the command of my state with 100 thousand soldiers" that night. Ümit Dündar Pasha is anti-American influance. Someone who can wipe out the last remnants of FETO. He is one of those who most closely knows the importance of the national defense industry and is currently in management board of the biggest driving fund of the defense industry. If he becomes defense minister, even the purchase of F-16s will probably be shelved.

Ibrahim Kalın's name is being speculated as the new head of MIT and I think this would be a grave mistake. The cabinet will be announced tomorrow evening. It is speculated that Fidan, the undersecretary of the National Intelligence Organization (MIT), or, for example, Demir, the head of the SSB, could become a minister. In other words, it will indirectly affect critical institutions and there will be repercussions on international relations through the appointments to those institutions. With the cabinet, we can make a broader analysis on what dynamics the new government will have.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What about Hulusi Akar ?
Hulusi Akar: 'We Are NATO'

IMO, It will be better if he stays in parliament. According to the latest information, the cabinet is changing drastically. Most of the ministers who are MPs will not be in the cabinet. Either this was the plan all along, or the AKP did not reach the number of parliamentary seats it wanted, so it wants to maximize its seats.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Libyan prime minister Dibeybe congratulates Hakan Fidan.

FxtSvlOXoAAI3OO

Libya is historically the point where the officially collapse of the Ottoman State began and the national struggle began.

Top Bottom