Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,384
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Very well put!
Political stunts will happen as long as there is a national achievement. Such PR tricks don’t bother me much.

As I’ve said earlier, you gotta start somewhere. The main thing to is not to loose will of keeping on. When such a venture is realized you don’t only gain technological know how but also develop your industrial structure and organizational skills from top to bottom to venture into next project.
Failures and mishaps will happen but you’ll always have your hard gained skills at hand.

BBT-2 Rreally looks good aye?

1701006615630.png

When few years ago it was stated by the prime Minister that Bangladesh will develop aircraft for the Air Force, everybody laughed their asses off. But today here we are, that damn thing is flying!

I think it is time we start talking about the future raodmap. BBT-2 shows Bagladeshi engineers are capable of absorbing necessary skill from foreign cooperation in short period of time.

Naturally, an advanced trainer should be next. How about licenses production of Hurjet? Or should we go on our own way with extensive foreign Cooperation? (from TUSAS, KAI, Leonardo)

There is so many questions that I want to ask......but I will stop for now.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

View attachment 63280

When few years ago it was stated by the prime Minister that Bangladesh will develop aircraft for the Air Force, everybody laughed their asses off. But today here we are, that damn thing is flying!

I think it is time we start talking about the future raodmap. BBT-2 shows Bagladeshi engineers are capable of absorbing necessary skill from foreign cooperation in short period of time.

Naturally, an advanced trainer should be next. How about licenses production of Hurjet? Or should we go on our own way with extensive foreign Cooperation? (from TUSAS, KAI, Leonardo)

To develop a solid industrial base for an aviation industry, Bangladesh should start license production of various platforms. This will create enough expertise and infrastructure for serious domestic aviation products in the next 10-20 years. That being said, well done with the current achievements, Bangladesh. May your country continue to prosper.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 63280

View attachment 63280

Unlike many of our members here, I’m not an expert but as an observer of the Turkish defense industry, on and off, for the last four decades and I’ve seen that you need an authority, an agency to create a military roadmap of Bangladesh in close ties with the military!
A scheme devised by it to lay out future programs so that nothing goes to waste. Can’t stress this enough! Your time, finance, know how, skill shouldn’t be wasted easily. Trials and errors are not nice but happens, it’s only natural where politics and economy involved.

To develop a solid industrial base for an aviation industry, Bangladesh should start license production of various platforms. This will create enough expertise and infrastructure for serious domestic aviation products in the next 10-20 years. That being said, well done with the current achievements, Bangladesh. May your country continue to prosper.
A license production program brings the benefit of tremendous amount of know how gain together with creating your own industrial base. It worked for Turkey 😉

B

Bilal99

Congrats, everything starts from humble beginning.

RI-X.jpg

For those not aware - I believe this is an early Indonesian parasol wing trainer. The R.I. stands for Republik Indonesia. The triangular strap setup under the fuselage and behind the wheels are actually rubber bungee cords.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,373
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
For those not aware - I believe this is an early Indonesian parasol wing trainer. The R.I. stands for Republik Indonesia. The triangular strap setup under the fuselage and behind the wheels are actually rubber bungee cords.

Body made of aluminum and parasol, but the wing is made of wood. the guy who designed this is the one responsible for the two-man cockpit of modern airliners.

The question of Bangladesh engineers ability to design an airplane has been answered, now the hard part is what comes next. Making an airplane is the easy part, making it into serial production and eventually widespread use is the hard part.

Back in the 70s, we have something similar like this, the LT-200 Skytrainer, designed to train new AURI cadets.

lt-200-in-202.jpg

But in the end we use the similar but imported AS 202 from Switzerland, because of one reason and another

kedatangan-as202-bravo.jpg

From what I see, the BBT-2 overlap with the Grob G-120TP, there's always the danger of your air force preferring to buy more G120TP than investing in the necessary tooling for BBT-2 mass prod.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
The question of Bangladesh engineers ability to design an airplane has been answered, now the hard part is what comes next. Making an airplane is the easy part, making it into serial production and eventually widespread use is the hard part.

Back in the 70s, we have something similar like this, the LT-200 Skytrainer, designed to train new AURI cadets.

lt-200-in-202.jpg

But in the end we use the similar but imported AS 202 from Switzerland, because of one reason and another

kedatangan-as202-bravo.jpg

From what I see, the BBT-2 overlap with the Grob G-120TP, there's always the danger of your air force preferring to buy more G120TP than investing in the necessary tooling for BBT-2 mass prod.

Same for Morocco, but we will catch up within this decade! Hopefully this time we will go for a turbofan advanced trainer aircraft. I hope Bangladesh has learned the lessons of failures in the last decades of other nations.

GEPAL 2.jpg
GEPAL.jpg

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,384
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
verson_01_2022-Jun-12_12-16-52PM-000_CustomizedView13028088604_png-768x432.png

Northbird 0.1

"Northbird is a low-to-medium altitude, short-range unmanned areal system (UAS), The UAS is intended primarily for military missions such as intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR), and also can be configured for civil applications. We developed our own control station and communications systems for the Northbird."

No doubt they are overly ambitious and in many cases, unrealistic. However, government funding and institutional support from Army, Navy, ICT, SPARRSO, BSMRAAU gives them some legitimacy.

1701114966950.png

Unveiled two days ago. Designated as DhumkatuX 21. (Actual prototype)

Last edited:

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
verson_01_2022-Jun-12_12-16-52PM-000_CustomizedView13028088604_png-768x432.png

Northbird 0.1

Northbird is a low-to-medium altitude, short-range unmanned areal system (UAS), The UAS is intended primarily for military missions such as intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR), and also can be configured for civil applications. We developed our own control station and communications systems for the Northbird.

No doubt they are overly ambitious and in many cases, unrealistic. However, government funding and institutional support from Army, Navy, ICT, SPARRSO, BSMRAAU gives them some legitimacy.

View attachment 63341

Where there is a will there's a way!

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,373
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

View attachment 63341

Diamater x length ?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,384
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
View attachment 63242

It looks like it is written BBT-2 just behind the engine. So, it is probably genuine. Substantial improvement on the First prototype. In fact it is a new design altogether. (Retractable Landing gears?) Definitely has a German vibe @Bluetooth

@Isa Khan You were too pessimistic. Cheer up now!

@Sanchez I supposed this can be a genuine basic trainer.

@F-6 enthusiast @Kartal1 @Gary @Yasar @dBSPL @Bürküt @Knowledgeseeker @Ripley @TR_123456 @Bogeyman @Nilgiri @Saithan et al.

Edit- We can see the founding father's portrait behind 'BBT-2' I think.

@yf120

yf120

Reactions
1 61
Nation of residence
St V'nt & the Gr'dines
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I'm still with Isa Khan's pessimism and couldn't agree more with Gary's BBT-2 overlap with the Grob G-120TP remark. I personally still don't consider this any major breakthrough, just check out the spare parts, though I'm mindful about the UAV project.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,384
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
View attachment 63242

It looks like it is written BBT-2 just behind the engine. So, it is probably genuine. Substantial improvement on the First prototype. In fact it is a new design altogether. (Retractable Landing gears?) Definitely has a German vibe @Bluetooth

@Isa Khan You were too pessimistic. Cheer up now!

@Sanchez I supposed this can be a genuine basic trainer.

@F-6 enthusiast @Kartal1 @Gary @Yasar @dBSPL @Bürküt @Knowledgeseeker @Ripley @TR_123456 @Bogeyman @Nilgiri @Saithan et al.

Edit- We can see the founding father's portrait behind 'BBT-2' I think.

@Philip the Arab welcome back! there has been some development since you were last active. Forgot to Tag you, check this out.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,159
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Video says jet trainer and eventually fighter aircraft and commercial jets are going to be built!
This reminds me a story from olden times; a man finds a horseshoe and says "now I need 3 more horseshoes and a horse". Ambition is good, things happen faster today than ever before.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,384
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Follow us on social media