Contributor
Reactions
5 978
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
TS1400 engine is great success for Turkey
I hope its 100% Turkish and no foreign subsystems are inside it , they will embargo engine parts .

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thank You U.S.A :)
e018ace4-e2ad-45d8-c54d-892069afad67.jpg

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
19 19,933
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
We need more sanctions. I am saying this seriously, not kidding.
If we could buy these engines without any problem, we wouldn't be able to see the TS1400 today. Domestic engine was designed, manufactured and delivered to TAI. This must be a dream.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,770
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If we could buy these engines without any problem, we wouldn't be able to see the TS1400 today. Domestic engine was designed, manufactured and delivered to TAI. This must be a dream.
CAATSA sanctions are coming, be comfortable for dude

mysndgn

Reactions
Nation of origin
Turkey
İLK HELİKOPTER MOTORUMUZLA GURUR DUYUYORUZ

We proud of our first helicopter engine

Last edited by a moderator:
A

adenl

The current sanctions are enough to persuade Turkey to develop strategic products indigenously. In the short-term it is going to be painful for Turkey, but in the long term the 'other' countries are going to lose contracts to Turkish companies because of less stringent export rules. What would happen to MTU's Land Defense Solutions when Turkey develops and produces diesel-engines in the 800-1500hp range and exports these freely starting 5 years from now? Can you imagine the drop in sales for the Germans if the Turks manage to export the Firtina-NG, the various APC's, IFV's and the Altay with Turkish powerpacks and provides older tanks with new engines for upgrades? A lot of countries would line up for these Turkish military products and services. The Germans will be forced to downsize their companies or outright go bankrupt.

Last edited by a moderator:

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,990
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
CAATSA sanctions are coming, be comfortable for dude
CAATSA will mainly hit our economy and that's nothing we should aim for. It will also impact the Defence Industry.

Don't expect 1974 arms embargo like results, this is serious economic isolation and be sure that Türkiye's current economic situation would look like a walk in the park when compared to additional CAATSA sanctions.

Last edited:

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
19 19,933
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
İLK HELİKOPTER MOTORUMUZLA GURUR DUYUYORUZ

We proud of our first helicopter engine

Except for “Cay Bahcesi”, we do not use Turkish. We will be glad if you pay attention to this. Have a nice day.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
TS1400 engine is great success for Turkey
I hope its 100% Turkish and no foreign subsystems are inside it , they will embargo engine parts .

According the TEI General Manager, study conducted in 2014 revealed areas where Turkish industry did not have the means to produce certain components. By 2017, those areas were worked on and component production capabilities were achieved.

Red Dots - Are where Turkish industry now has production capabilities. Meaning, all mechanical engine components can be produced in Turkey since 2017.
Untitled-2.jpg

Looks like the engine inlet shroud is (DMLM) additive manufactured ?
Untitled-1_waifu2x_photo_noise0_scale_tta_1.jpg

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,770
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
CAATSA will mainly hit our economy and that's nothing we should aim for. It will also impact the Defence Industry.
It is true that it will weaken the defense industry and the economy. Turkey has urgent needs. The only way to see Turkey's stand up is through these sanctions. These sanctions will increase our determination, as in the 1974 Cyprus Peace Operation. Turkey does not have 5-6 years to develop gas turbine engines for a warship. Even if the recipe is very painful, we should not refrain from drinking this poison.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,886
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
" My 50 cents about the situation"
- As Ataturk said once " the traitor always keep going untill he/they reach the end - to sell own country and his people."

- Jealousy, Hate, Anger nothing positive from them - "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will."

- I am sorry to say that but it is look like from the video there were some "outsider /s " which try to create a sabotage or situation.

Nevertheless - The important is that we (Turkiye) have our Turboshaft engine. :)

Congratulation, respect to our engineers

That’s why it is very important to not make more enemies as necessary. Some people think they can mess with whole mankind and want to make enemies on every corner.

Constan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope they sanction our president ;). Or things doesn't work like this ?

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
The current sanctions are enough to persuade Turkey to develop strategic products indigenously. In the short-term it is going to be painful for Turkey, but in the long term the 'other' countries are going to lose contracts to Turkish companies because of less stringent export rules. What would happen to MTU's Land Defense Solutions when Turkey develops and produces diesel-engines in the 800-1500hp range and exports these freely starting 5 years from now? Can you imagine the drop in sales for the Germans if the Turks manage to export the Firtina-NG, the various APC's, IFV's and the Altay with Turkish powerpacks and provides older tanks with new engines for upgrades? A lot of countries would line up for these Turkish military products and services. The Germans will be forced to downsize their companies or outright go bankrupt.
That is what i am talking about all the time, enterimg imto big boys yard is matter of time, imagine what will happen once you build capable combat aircraft engine, then pakistani, indonesian or any other coumtry can go comfortable into their own fighters programs, repercusions of that are immence as you can widen list on ships, rockets, submarines etc.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
19 19,933
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do not forget, Sanctions mean; "You are getting out of my control", "you are improving", "I can no longer control you", "You have started to think about your own interests, not my interests". They are making sanctions for your development. It would be painless to give billions of dollars like some countries, you would be a good boy.

TS1400 and others will make us more independent..No pain,no gain.

A

adenl

That is what i am talking about all the time, enterimg imto big boys yard is matter of time, imagine what will happen once you build capable combat aircraft engine, then pakistani, indonesian or any other coumtry can go comfortable into their own fighters programs, repercusions of that are immence as you can widen list on ships, rockets, submarines etc.
Indeed, and the only way the 'others' can delay this development is by exporting their products to Turkey and cooperation with Turkish (defense) companies in partnerships and what not, to delay these indigenous Turkish developments. If MTU was allowed to export their engines to Turkey, it would tie the Turkish army for 30 years to MTU for sales, services and spare parts. That is 30 years of income that MTU is now going to lose. Extend this logical consequence to other sectors of (defense) industries and it is clear what the picture is in the mid- and longterm.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom