Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,048
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
The currency will be affected, European and American defense companies benefits from this; offering Turkish engineers on critical projects citizenship/residency and decent (can not be even imagined in Turkey) salaries.
To hold on to talented ppl salaries will/could be paid in euro or dollars.

I found this a good insight to why US is worried about China modenizing their forces, but the same goes for all countries that have been at receiving end.

In short usaf aren’t going to be most modern AF, and they haven’t been very succesfull with their “wars” so to speak. But they’re the most wellfunded.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to Akbaba, Someone from inside made a real sabotage attempt during an ignition test in front of the officials in 2018. That’s why Mr. Akşit gave a strong reaction when he met a similar incident in delivery ceremony.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
15 5,026
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Saithan
They have so much money/equipment/weapons they don't have to be efficient, they never were in the situation to do the best with limited ressources.

If Turkey just had twice of the annual Defence budget then god have mercy on those enemies around us.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,138
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The currency will be affected, European and American defense companies benefits from this; offering Turkish engineers on critical projects citizenship/residency and decent (can not be even imagined in Turkey) salaries.

Companies that have debt in foreign currency will default, meaning less tax revenue. The country borrows money in foreign currency and will have a harder time to pay them back because of less tax revenue and the falling currency. I doubt that all projects will be able to continue if hard sanctions hit.

I hope they only sanction Erdogan and his family and leave the country alone.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,048
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Companies that have debt in foreign currency will default, meaning less tax revenue. The country borrows money in foreign currency and will have a harder time to pay them back because of less tax revenue and the falling currency. I doubt that all projects will be able to continue if hard sanctions hit.

I hope they only sanction Erdogan and his family and leave the country alone.
You know that’s wishful thinking.

Also we need to establish production elsewhere to secure delivery and such. Azerbaycan, Ukraine, and some other countries.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 17,226
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to Akbaba, Someone from inside made a real sabotage attempt during an ignition test in front of the officials in 2018. That’s why Mr. Akşit gave a strong reaction when he met a similar incident in delivery ceremony.

Also very important thing he says is that in a personal talk with Mr. Aksit the later said that TEI have the capability to take the TS-1400 core, integrate it in Altay and manufacture an electric supported gas turbine engine for Altay but that option will most probably not be wanted by TSK because of the high maintenance cost.

@Webslave

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,822
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
( I see some ppl do continue to write one sided things against Turkiye. On topic related to embargo they continue the same path! I just see the same ppl doing it over and over again. It is my observation of their writing from past. Shame)

To make things more clear to you self and too other ppl you need to follow the TRUE path I mean be real not biased. Don't thing like one side of the coin

In order to be logically correct we need to split things like 1. embaro against Turkiye and 2. what Turkiye can react on this .
" There is and always be reaction. I am not talking about words ". You missing the point or neglecting that Turkiye will not response.

- Last thing a clever ppl always ask those specific question to self's "by doing that(embargo) what will I/we gain and loss?"
- When i/we look 10 years ahead what we expect (is it feasible) to happen?

When you do openly bad thing to other you will get bad things return and also you will lose some of you possibility from you Future with those ppl/country.

On future anything can happen I mean if you do that embaro and say we gain that and loss less so equation is ok (the true is that it is not ok you lying you self).For example Israel lost Turkiye because of Israel actions. No matter that they keep trying hard to say no no we did't started. How many years of possibility lost 15 ? more

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,917
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
No it's not any other country, they have a lot of buffer space with their foreign interests back firing on them.

China is growing fast, Russia is stepping in more, Europe is stepping up on occasions, Turkey is continuing with it's foreign and internal interests despite F-35 cutoff...

I see US diplomatic power fading, not growing. I'm sure they are aware of this too.
What is US most powerfull stronghold? Exactly EU. Problem for US is, EU want not be US puppet anymore.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,231
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Also very important thing he says is that in a personal talk with Mr. Aksit the later said that TEI have the capability to take the TS-1400 core, integrate it in Altay and manufacture an electric supported gas turbine engine for Altay but that option will most probably not be wanted by TSK because of the high maintenance cost.

@Webslave

Very interesting, thanks for letting me know!

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It says "Different configurations of TEI-TS-1400"

EokuLMNXEAEAxkh

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,238
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It says "Different configurations of TEI-TS-1400"

EokuLMNXEAEAxkh
Single engine and twin configurations; derated lower power configuration; one with a larger electric generator comes to mind. A hybrid electric one and a power generator down the road perhaps.

A turboprop modification will be a natural step.

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,048
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if we’re going to be able to uphold our deal with Philippines and Pakistan, we got extension from Pakistan, but I don’t know about Philippines.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,448
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
During the ceremony yesterday, TEI General Manager Mr. AKŞİT announced that the PG-50 Engine, developed with national resources, was also put into mass production.

Since the system to be used by PG-50 is special, there is not much explanation about it.

The engine will power the KARGI Loittering Ammunition (Domestic Harpy).

584738DD-AE8F-43E5-8F32-905F900CB7B6.jpeg

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TEI developed three different PG series for drones. I don't know but Turkish anti-radiation kamikaze drones may have different variants based on these engines.

PG-30 (30hp)
PG-40 (40hp)
PG-50 (50hp)

A

adenl

TEI developed three different PG series for drones. I don't know but Turkish anti-radiation kamikaze drones may have different variants based on these engines.

PG-30 (30hp)
PG-40 (40hp)
PG-50 (50hp)
They are going to be used to spam the Greek patriots and S-300PMU-1 after careful ELINT gathering through Koral, Redet, E-7T, C-235 and in the future HAVASOJ.

They are going to be used in such a timely manner that they will take out radars in one large SEAD/DEAD sortie to be then directly followed up by a combined SOM and BORA (Gezgin in future) attack on aircraft parking spots and hangars. No opponent is safe in 300-500km radius of Turkey;)

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,238
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

PG-30 (30hp)
PG-40 (40hp)
PG-50 (50hp)
This PG-50 has great potential to be used in combination with an electric motor to power a single person flying car. Great to see it being put to production. I hope to get my hands on one of these one day. I even have my urgent project on hand to use this. In an ideal world I could be the first customer.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They are going to be used to spam the Greek patriots and S-300PMU-1 after careful ELINT gathering through Koral, Redet, E-7T, C-235 and in the future HAVASOJ.

They are going to be used in such a timely manner that they will take out radars in one large SEAD/DEAD sortie to be then directly followed up by a combined SOM and BORA (Gezgin in future) attack on aircraft parking spots and hangars. No opponent is safe in 300-500km radius of Turkey;)

(y)Kargi will also have a passive Rf seeker sensor in addition to E/O payload. The similar sensor with Passive/Active mode -advanced- variant is being integrated for Akbaba anti-radiation missiles. This drone can work under an advanced network but Kargi in stand alone mode will be able to seek Rf signals and track on their positions without needing any external source. Once enemy radar is detected, It won't hide even if It turns off.

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Saithan
They have so much money/equipment/weapons they don't have to be efficient, they never were in the situation to do the best with limited ressources.

If Turkey just had twice of the annual Defence budget then god have mercy on those enemies around us.
If you're referring to the official figures of Turkey's defense budget, there's probably not one expert who is believing the authenticity of these numbers. Turkey's real defense budget is obviously much higher. It's a state secret and it's deliberately hidden in many, many budgets across a variety of state institutions.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
122 15,023
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
One thing that most may have missed, is the fact that the T625 Gokbey helicopter was supposed to fly with TS1400 engines before the end of the year. That was the set program advertised by TEI Managing Director Mr Aksit and Mr Demir of SSB.
I guess as they realised that this is not going to happen , it was decided to prepare a first engine delivery ceremony for propaganda purposes.
This way, the delay was somehow camouflaged.
Up side is ; We have two brand new turbo shaft engines that are waiting to prove themselves which will pave the way for our first turbofan engine.

Top Bottom