kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
Short description of hydrogen fuel cell for our future AIP subs by Aspilsan.
Some info also about developing battery chemistry based on internal raw materials (litiumcarbonate).

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,321
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Short description of hydrogen fuel cell for our future AIP subs by Aspilsan.
Some info also about developing battery chemistry based on internal raw materials (litiumcarbonate).

ASPİLSAN had announced that it is working on hydrogen-powered PEM fuel cells and the sub-types of PEM, DMFC (Direct Methanol Fuel Cell) and DEFC (Direct Ethanol Fuel Cell).

These technologies are used especially in submarines.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
TEI PD-170 - TEI continues improve and nationalise the engine. Propeller governor, which adjusts the the pitch and speed of the propeller has now been nationalised by TEI.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

SSB To Open Tender Soon for Phase-II "Phase of MMU/TF-X Engine Development Project

TRMotor will submit its bid to the tender together with an engine OEM Company. Defenceturkey guess that this company is Ukrainian Ivchenko Progress, who collaborated on MMU original engine works and is currently the technical support provider in the development of Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) and Air Turbine Start System (ATSS - Air Turbine Start System) solutions.

The thrust power of the new generation unique turbofan engine to be developed for the MMU/TF-X Aircraft has also been clarified within the scope of Phase-I, where the Conceptual Design studies are carried out. However, this information cannot be shared with the public at the moment. The total weight of the engine is calculated as approximately 2 tons. The original turbofan engine, which will be designed in accordance with the requirements of the 5th generation engine, will also have 'supercruise' and 'stealth' features.

Kale and TEI Firms will be able to bid for the Phase-II tender of the MMU/TF-X Engine Development Project, in addition to TRMotor Power Systems (TR-M), which carries out Phase-I studies. First of all, it will be looked at which company will propose the best solution, and then the task will be shared between the three companies that submitted the offer.

First of all, it will be looked at which company will propose the best solution, and then the task will be shared between the three companies that submitted the offer.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

SSB To Open Tender Soon for Phase-II "Phase of MMU/TF-X Engine Development Project

TRMotor will submit its bid to the tender together with an engine OEM Company. Defenceturkey guess that this company is Ukrainian Ivchenko Progress, who collaborated on MMU original engine works and is currently the technical support provider in the development of Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) and Air Turbine Start System (ATSS - Air Turbine Start System) solutions.

The thrust power of the new generation unique turbofan engine to be developed for the MMU/TF-X Aircraft has also been clarified within the scope of Phase-I, where the Conceptual Design studies are carried out. However, this information cannot be shared with the public at the moment. The total weight of the engine is calculated as approximately 2 tons. The original turbofan engine, which will be designed in accordance with the requirements of the 5th generation engine, will also have 'supercruise' and 'stealth' features.

Kale and TEI Firms will be able to bid for the Phase-II tender of the MMU/TF-X Engine Development Project, in addition to TRMotor Power Systems (TR-M), which carries out Phase-I studies. First of all, it will be looked at which company will propose the best solution, and then the task will be shared between the three companies that submitted the offer.

First of all, it will be looked at which company will propose the best solution, and then the task will be shared between the three companies that submitted the offer.
Perfect, three companies working on the same project!

Coming soon, F110 like engine with 5th gen features! :)
1637584313402.png

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,755
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Perfect, three companies working on the same project!

Coming soon, F110 like engine with 5th gen features! :)
View attachment 36166
I don't wanna throw cold water on the enthusiasm but i'm very sceptical of the 5th gen engine claim. I don't think it's very likely, at least for the timeframe they're aiming. I'd be very glad if we managed to build an engine like an F110. Anything above that I'd take as a very pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't wanna throw cold water on the enthusiasm but i'm very sceptical on the 5th gen engine claim. I don't think it's very likely, at least for the timeframe they're aiming. I'd be very glad if we managed to build an engine like an F110. Anything above that I'd take as a very pleasant surprise.

That's fine by me, it's not like US has stopped developing F135 & F136 engines.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't wanna throw cold water on the enthusiasm but i'm very sceptical on the 5th gen engine claim. I don't think it's very likely, at least for the timeframe they're aiming. I'd be very glad if we managed to build an engine like an F110. Anything above that I'd take as a very pleasant surprise.
In the first phase they will be without stealth features but eventually it will transform into fifth gen features of course.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom