Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kotil stated that the first delivery of Turkey's first helicopter engine with 1600 horsepower developed by TEI is expected to be made by the end of 2024 or the beginning of 2025.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,733
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kotil stated that the first delivery of Turkey's first helicopter engine with 1600 horsepower developed by TEI is expected to be made by the end of 2024 or the beginning of 2025.
Is this TS1400 that measured as a 1600HP engine on tests? I thought it was already delivered to be tried on Gokbey!
Or is there another one?

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Is this TS1400 that measured as a 1600HP engine on tests? I thought it was already delivered to be tried on Gokbey!
Or is there another one?

Must be another engine, TS1400 has already been delivered and has a power output of 1400 shp. Maybe an upgraded version of TS1400?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,689
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No, it is the same TS-1400 engine. Kotil talks about the completion of the certification process as he is the producer of the helicopter. Until the certification process finishes that engine will always stay as a prototype as no aircraft can fly with an engine without a license. 2024 date was mentioned here before.

tayyare

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No, it is the same TS-1400 engine. Kotil talks about the completion of the certification process as he is the producer of the helicopter. Until the certification process finishes that engine will always stay as a prototype as no aircraft can fly with an engine without a license. 2024 date was mentioned here before.
License is needed for civilian usage right? Are the helicopters to be delivered this year using honeywell engine?

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think the work on the prototypes is finished and real TS-1400 engine has been ordered. This is how I interpreted Prof. Dr. Temel Kotil's explanations.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,169
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
License is needed for civilian usage right? Are the helicopters to be delivered this year using honeywell engine?
What is needed is certification which means the engine complies with the requirements of aviation industry's accepted standards. Durable and reliable.

tayyare

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is needed is certification which means the engine complies with the requirements of aviation industry's accepted standards. Durable and reliable.
I did mean certificate. But for instance, military use does not need the certificate right

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,169
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I did mean certificate. But for instance, military use does not need the certificate right
Depends on the user, if it is your own military operating in your own jurisdiction then you may not require certification or you may require the certification that your national certification body requires which will be valid in nations that recognize your certification body decisions.

Crab

Reactions
2 58
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Our Customers:

1.PNG

1500parts gor 45 different engine programs:
1.PNG

New generation engine programs: GENX
2.PNG

Engine quantities produced at TEI:
3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

7.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,733
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Crab , are you sure about CTS800 engines being built at TEI?
As far as I remember it was thought to be produced under license at TEI. But it never materialised. They are purchased from Honeywell USA.
If you are saying only the Power Turbine module is being produced; I thought we only recently started to produce power turbine parts in single crystal.

Last edited:

Crab

Reactions
2 58
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Crab , are you sure about CTS800 engines being built at TEI?
As far as I remember it was thought to be produced under license at TEI. But it never materialised. They are purchased from Honeywell USA.

I believe TEI builds parts for LHTEC

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,733
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Finally KTJ-3200 is going to be physically used in serial production of SOM and Atmaca missiles.
This means, after all the tests and trials, the turbo jet engine has been accepted to replace the French TR40 engine.
1643670383857.jpeg

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,733
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I believe TEI builds parts for LHTEC
Correct! TEI builds the low pressure turbine modules for this engine under the agreement made with Honeywell.
Also TAI has signed a deal with RR and Honeywell to establish local assembly, parts manufacturing, inspection, and test and depot repair capability in Turkey.

Top Bottom