what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Another embarassing and probably futile step by Hulusi Akar in Hürriyet. He proposed a Cyprus-Crete S300 kind of scenario to solve the S400 issue. The government fucked up so bad, they are now offering putting the 2bln € system somewhere else, in another place to get rid of the sanctions and access to F35.

HaZZan

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Western Sahara

Whether this is true or not. It all comes down to Israel keeping its military quality edge in the Middle East.

Israel basically put its lobby into good use to take away Turkiye's F35s.
As for the UAE, Netanyahu was the only one in favor of the deal and he faced strong opposition from his Defense Minister Gantz. He proposed to reduce the capabilities of the F-35s of the Emirates and to postpone the delivery to 2027 if Netanyahu wins. The Zionist lobby in America was working to delay the deal until Netanyahu left and cancel it completely, although The UAE F-35 was less capable.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
As for the UAE, Netanyahu was the only one in favor of the deal and he faced strong opposition from his Defense Minister Gantz. He proposed to reduce the capabilities of the F-35s of the Emirates and to postpone the delivery to 2027 if Netanyahu wins. The Zionist lobby in America was working to delay the deal until Netanyahu left and cancel it completely, although The UAE F-35 was less capable.
That's because the Israeli Air Force is Israel's strongest military asset.

Their ground forces? Mid-tier at best. Their navy? Slightly better but suffers from having been neglected for many years until they started making up for it.

Their air force though? Ace-tier. Which is why Israel is always focused on air superiority. They lose air superiority, they aren't exactly screwed but their odds don't look that good anymore.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,566
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Really how many countries have better in terms of quality and experience?
Let us not derail the conversation to Israeli army capabilities. This thread is for discussion on which one of them is more useful for Turkey ; f35 or S400 ?
Israeli army has proven itself in 3 major wars in all 3 areas in the past against local adversaries. If it need to be discussed further please open another thread.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,600
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm against this move with the exception of F-35Bs for the TCG Anadolu. If it is so vital buy 12 F-35B for TCG Anadolu and 12-16 F-35A for airforce and deploy them on Eskişehir or Malatya airbase and call it a day. What we paid up to now will cover most of the deal. I'm suggesting the second part (16 F-35A) to save our money from the US.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm against this move with the exception of F-35Bs for the TCG Anadolu. If it is so vital buy 12 F-35B for TCG Anadolu and 12-16 F-35A for airforce and deploy them on Eskişehir or Malatya airbase and call it a day. What we paid up to now will cover most of the deal. I'm suggesting the second part (16 F-35A) to save our money from the US.

It is possible that different situations are being talked about in the background. In order to find a solution to the money paid, the Turkish USA delegations, who were in talks before, were offered to purchase the F16. The world conjuncture has changed in a short time and NATO's approach to Russia's threat in Ukraine may have once again revealed the importance of Turkey. That's why, in order to look nice to Turkey, it was decided to end the oil exploration activities off Crete first, and then not to support the E.Med pipeline. Now, this situation has emerged about the F35s (if it is true). The USA delegation may have offered an F35 instead of the previously requested 40 F16 in order to get Turkey in their camp again. The strange thing is that after the news of F16, which we first heard from Greek sites, the Greek sites started to make news about F35. How can these guys access this information is another question.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
While I will not believe the claim just yet, I wonder if it has to do with NATO's concern about Russia?
Really how many countries have better in terms of quality and experience?
A few - US, UK, France, Italy, Netherlands, etc. Canada used to be pretty good too until politics completely cucked their military.

Mind you, I am not saying that Israel's ground forces are bad. But their regular infantry units seem about on par with the average middle-tier-nation army, which makes sense because the IDF is a heavily conscript-oriented army due to their specific demographics. Now granted, the situation has likely substantially improved since, say, 6-7 years ago but it seems like Israel's land forces are the weakest aspect of their land/navy/air force trifecta.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom