Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just imagine, ANKA-III doing SEAD/DEAD with AKBABA and CAKIR/SIMSEK, KIZILELMA doing CAP with GÖKHAN and KAAN watching their back like a proud dad.
IMHO enemy forces need to invest heavily in their Airforces, not in SAMs.

When we think all these systems have AESA radar/BVR missiles and can communicate to each other and/or all have AI/deep learning algorithms and autonomous attack/defense capabilities, there is not much a conventional enemy can do. Not to mention Super Şimsek decoy/kamikaze drone system which is not much example in known war concept of advanced states. Soon, IHA-Radar, IHA-SOJ and Hava-SOJ will be added to this family and these aircrafts will be able to carry out very complex missions (SEAD/DEAD, Air superiority/Air denial) in teams to be formed. With a classic point of view and/or tactics coming from WW-2, it is impossible to counter such a complex and layered strategy without having very strong electronic warfare, surveillance capabilities and unique tactics. With the help of unmanned systems, probably more than half of enemy air elements will be destroyed in first hours of a likely war without taking very serious risks in this concept of war so surprise effect must be kept secret and enemy shouldn't aware of actual capabilities of those systems in peace times.

20230513_162826.jpg

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
We don't want our companies to compete for similar platforms.

Baykar is all about unmanned.
TAI can make planes unmanned to backup for pilot failure and they most likely will.

If TAI doesn't develop unmanned aircraft how are they going to evolve their 5th gen aircraft into the realm of the 6th gen ?

Healthy competition is required, both companies have wealth of knowledge between them. Never a good idea to have all your eggs in one basket!

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If TAI doesn't develop unmanned aircraft how are they going to evolve their 5th gen aircraft into the realm of the 6th gen ?

Healthy competition is required, both companies have wealth of knowledge between them. Never a good idea to have all your eggs in one basket!
That's a little further down the road.

Manned planes are manned because unmanned planes aren't reliable just yet. Also those planes are expensive and need to be trusted to an onboard pilot to be taken good care of. They will get smarter by the day and be optionally piloted at some point. Remember, even the Star Wars franchise fighters are piloted. 6th gen planes are piloted too.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,675
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
We are almost 10 years away from having an actual, not a tech demonstrator or a prototype, 5th generation jet people, maybe wait until we have that before talking about hypothetical 6th generation jets that doesn't even have a definition or specification yet?

All this talk really sounds like kids trying to get new toys few days after they saw the ones they got for their birthday.

Terrain

Reactions
4 62
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
They think limitations are ok hopefully it wouldn't be the end of the main field of a company.
All I want is TAI of 2030 to not be shocked when it saw Baykar producing a 6th gen unmanned heavy fighter and SSB had to cancel KAAN because of budget allocation and KAAN being obsolete. Most will think I am a bad guy and are in defense mode and are numb to what is coming but all I wanted was for you lot to see why is that like that. I respect you for having an opinion and you might be right but can you see where I am coming from Zafer?

Last edited:

Terrain

Reactions
4 62
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
İs KAAN obsolete in 2030? Are you serious about this?
You think I'm just a clown, how can KAAN be obsolete it's brand new so hats off and heads shaven after seeing you be the guy that is trying to make us think that you are taking the speed of the competition and the industry lightly, but I can see through you, you are an ill intentioned deceitful agent.
If only they could see how much I am suffering while trying to explain this, that Baykar is not playing and has no brakes. So why should we as TAI have brakes as TAI belongs to all of us.
If the masses could see that they have been played and allocations have stopped their tax money from going to the right directions. Not because Baykar is Erdogans you know what. But also because Baykar has bad intentions, and is not playing, or looking at SSB allocations chart, as they could change that just like that. If only our people could be free and see through the daily struggle of putting food on the table and finally say it as it is. That is why I feel for them that is why this silent cry because life is not fair as it doesn't give it takes.

Last edited:

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
All want to relieve is the unmanned fighter jet from TUSAŞ which is the last goal for their path as they've shown a couple of years ago. I'm sure it will be better than Kızılelma in terms of stealthy and capabilities. I can't imagine KAAN and Kızılelma flying together because KAAN will be super stealth at the end but I have my doubts about Kızılelma. Yes I'm proud of baykar and the family but if TUSAŞ decides not to make a similar thing to Kızılelma... Noone can explain it to me! That means we are corrupted as f.

That means many people like me will be sure about their doubts and open their eyes. I even question why Anka 1 won't be on TCG Anadolu with TB3? Look at Mojave UAV and Anka 1 TAI could do the necessary modifications faster then TB3 design.

Last edited:

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can we get back on-topic now please..

Possible material that KAAN may be applied with, patent is from 2015 - https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2016153445A1/en
1684705836324.png

This one is from TAI, patent 2021

1684706388973.png

Last edited:

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,222
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Another great interview from Temel Kotil, a general information about ther products.

- In the middle of the interview he is talking about passenger airplane (y), when they delivered first KAAN they will start a passenger plane.

- 14 protype of KAAN will be delivered.

- engine, ejection seat and a active side stick is from foreign countries the rest of the fighter is all made in Turkey.

Last edited:

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Kotil: "We have HÜRKUŞ, HÜRJET and KAAN. There will also be a smaller one. We can do an aircraft like that. It's in the plans"

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom