TR TF-X KAAN Fighter Jet

buraktunahan

Reactions
9 366
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I guess beggars cannot be choosers, but when the USA has a geopolitical agenda against Turkiye its never a good idea to rely on the British, since its pretty much known here in the UK we do whatever the USA wants.

Turkey's motto is: "If anyone can do anything, I can do it too."

Maybe we'll make that engine a little late on our own. It will be a difficult process. But we'll build that engine eventually. Türkiye sought ways to cooperate with RR to shorten this process. Therefore, even if there is no RR, Türkiye continues on its way. It will take a long time, but eventually Türkiye will make its own engine.

It's always been like that. Years ago, we wanted to buy an armed Predator from the USA, it was not given to us. We started making our own drones 20 years ago. Today we export our own drones to 30 countries. Along with our own developed missiles.

We wanted to buy Patriot from the USA, we couldn't. We bought S400 from Russia. The United States imposed an embargo. We built our own air defense system. (Siper, Hisar, Sungur etc.)

We were building ships, but we couldn't get Harpoon from the USA. We've made an effort for years. We built our own anti-ship missile Atmaca.

Our "ally" USA no longer sells us F-16s or F-35s. He kicked us out of the F-35 project. So we started making Kaan. Hopefully this plane will be made eventually. But on the day this plane was built, we will not forget those who supported us and those who hindered us.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,957
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Turkey's motto is: "If anyone can do anything, I can do it too."

Maybe we'll make that engine a little late on our own. It will be a difficult process. But we'll build that engine eventually. Türkiye sought ways to cooperate with RR to shorten this process. Therefore, even if there is no RR, Türkiye continues on its way. It will take a long time, but eventually Türkiye will make its own engine.

It's always been like that. Years ago, we wanted to buy an armed Predator from the USA, it was not given to us. We started making our own drones 20 years ago. Today we export our own drones to 30 countries. Along with our own developed missiles.

We wanted to buy Patriot from the USA, we couldn't. We bought S400 from Russia. The United States imposed an embargo. We built our own air defense system. (Siper, Hisar, Sungur etc.)

We were building ships, but we couldn't get Harpoon from the USA. We've made an effort for years. We built our own anti-ship missile Atmaca.

Our "ally" USA no longer sells us F-16s or F-35s. He kicked us out of the F-35 project. So we started making Kaan. Hopefully this plane will be made eventually. But on the day this plane was built, we will not forget those who supported us and those who hindered us.

No doubts about it, but we shouldn't be surprised by such things. When temil kotil mentioned the tempest cooperation that was refused, he sounded bitter over it. Why would you act surprised? Are they ignorant to what's happening today towards Turkiye? Are they ignorant of British history? British history is rife with deception and duplicity.

My issue is the "surprise" when things don't pan out how they imagined. If I'm Turkiye and I'm dealing with the former imperial powers of Britain, France, Germany, etc I'm not expecting good things, I'm planning for the worst and hoping for the best. I'm not not planning for the best and hoping the worst doesn't happen.

We are not new to their games.

You know i've said it before but if you want to know what a nation really thinks about your nation, pay attention to their media. The British media is completely hostile to Turkiye. The British media portrays us as a two faced enemy of the west and great ally of Russia. While promoting the PKK always as "kurdish separatists fighting for freedom" never terrorists. When we kill PKK they report it as "killing Kurds". Deciving the international population that some kind of ethnic genocide is taking place.

The british state is on board with the american agenda against Turkiye. When you deal with them you must deal with them under this understanding.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
KAAN's ground tests are ongoing

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 15.43.53.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 15.40.38.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 15.44.44.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 15.43.35.png

Hürjet

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 15.41.17.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 15.45.30.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 15.46.05.png

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,957
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
on other forums people are claiming that Malaysia partnered on the KAAN project, does anyone have any news on this?

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,548
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
on other forums people are claiming that Malaysia partnered on the KAAN project, does anyone have any news on this?

Vice President of Defence Industry Agency Serdar Demirel claimed so.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,957
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

Vice President of Defence Industry Agency Serdar Demirel claimed so.

Excellent, lets see other nations have some confidence and join the project. This potentially is a great opportunity for many naitons of the world that cannot buy american or doesnt want to be held under duress when they buy american.

Do we have any idea what Azerbaijans feelings are towards this KAAN project?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,680
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is nothing concrete yet but there are serious interests from several countries.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think Things aren't going as expected with UK. The contribution of BAE in TFX Phase-1 was very mediocre with mostly inexperienced engineers and Tusaş complained about this situation a few times. As for engine to be likely developed with RR, RR put strong cards on table both in terms of license rights and production since they feel that Turkiye don't have an alternative way out of their offer. Also, Some reluctant statements by Turkish officials regarding possible deal with BAE for TFX Phase-2 were reflected in the press. Turkiye's cooperation offers for Tempest were also rejected by UK. The withdrawal of British royal air force which was said to join the last AnatolianEagle exercise also created question marks. Apart from this, there is a serious political confrontation and embargo from the West in almost every field, be them enlargement of NATO, terror operations or Russia/Ukraine war. Considering these conditions, TEI/TrMotor must have been given an unofficial development task for Tf35K engine as a precautionary measure. If everything was fine with the RR, no one would work with 300 engineers on the design of the engine on an engineer/day basis. RR's capability is indisputable but we all know what we are going to face when it comes to matters related with Turkiye bro.

AI-25TLT(Black Sea Shield - turbofan) The AI-25TLT licence-built by Turkish-Ukrainian joint venture BSS based in Istanbul for the Bayraktar MIUS[4]
I know wiki isn't reliable source, but I was thinking that continuing with Ukrainian design company is for the sake of the unmanned vehicles potentially crossover to jets if necessary.

AI-25 has been used for several trainer jets and is a very well tested engine, so having it license produced in Turkey (like China) would be very good for us. even if it says license built. I'm not sure it's being license built in Turkey or just assembled, as I don't think we know how much of the engine parts are produced domestically.

I don't think we'll get anything worthwhile cooperating with RR, as they're there to keep the R&D process at a certain pace, which could ultimately mean slowing us down. Remember that US-Brit doctrin is ensuring technological superiority of their allies, e.g. Israel and if they can't destroy R&D they can slow it down and hope to sabotage it through delays and political strife.

Thus I think AI-25 and our cooperation Ukraine is important in that regard and being able to make it with domestic means would ensure cost effective solution in the intermediate term while we work on our own engine.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,957
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I know wiki isn't reliable source, but I was thinking that continuing with Ukrainian design company is for the sake of the unmanned vehicles potentially crossover to jets if necessary.

AI-25 has been used for several trainer jets and is a very well tested engine, so having it license produced in Turkey (like China) would be very good for us. even if it says license built. I'm not sure it's being license built in Turkey or just assembled, as I don't think we know how much of the engine parts are produced domestically.

I don't think we'll get anything worthwhile cooperating with RR, as they're there to keep the R&D process at a certain pace, which could ultimately mean slowing us down. Remember that US-Brit doctrin is ensuring technological superiority of their allies, e.g. Israel and if they can't destroy R&D they can slow it down and hope to sabotage it through delays and political strife.

Thus I think AI-25 and our cooperation Ukraine is important in that regard and being able to make it with domestic means would ensure cost effective solution in the intermediate term while we work on our own engine.

Outside of Ukraine is there anyone else on earth Turkiye could work with to develop engine tech?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Outside of Ukraine is there anyone else on earth Turkiye could work with to develop engine tech?
Someone outside US-western influence, I'd say none. Russia- China wouldn't want to cooperate, so our best bet are SEA countries like Indonesia, Malaysia who have some level of development that could potentially contribute in the future, but also gain something valuable from the cooperation.

Chocopie

Contributor
South Korea Correspondent
Reactions
32 1,915
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
Maybe 2nd tier turbofan engine parts manufacturers from Germany, Italy or Spain.
India with their domestic Kaveri engine (Pakistan would flip out).
Japan's IHI with its XF9 engine (US would flip out, IHI now teamed up with 6th gen GCAP/Tempest group).

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,305
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Maybe 2nd tier turbofan engine companies from Germany, Italy or Spain.
India with their domestic Kaveri engine (Pakistan would flip out).
Japan's IHI with its XF9 engine (US would flip out, IHI now teamed up with 6th gen GCAP/Tempest group).

AFAIK, XF9 was developed indeginously. So, why USA would flip out?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,957
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think Things aren't going as expected with UK. The contribution of BAE in TFX Phase-1 was very mediocre with mostly inexperienced engineers and Tusaş complained about this situation a few times. As for engine to be likely developed with RR, RR put strong cards on table both in terms of license rights and production since they feel that Turkiye don't have an alternative way out of their offer. Also, Some reluctant statements by Turkish officials regarding possible deal with BAE for TFX Phase-2 were reflected in the press. Turkiye's cooperation offers for Tempest were also rejected by UK. The withdrawal of British royal air force which was said to join the last AnatolianEagle exercise also created question marks. Apart from this, there is a serious political confrontation and embargo from the West in almost every field, be them enlargement of NATO, terror operations or Russia/Ukraine war. Considering these conditions, TEI/TrMotor must have been given an unofficial development task for Tf35K engine as a precautionary measure. If everything was fine with the RR, no one would work with 300 engineers on the design of the engine on an engineer/day basis. RR's capability is indisputable but we all know what we are going to face when it comes to matters related with Turkiye bro.

The Better Turkiye gets away from Europe and the West the better.

Artik its time to forge your own destiny.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom