TR TF-X KAAN Fighter Jet

Baris

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mean the real thing looked a lot like the mock-up you saw above, and the brochures weren't far off either. Dead space as in? It could've been a design decision taken on behalf of the aero team.
So can we assume the "real thing" is complete enough to say this ? :)

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
So can we assume the "real thing" is complete enough to say this ? :)
Yes? The design is final, hence why they began assembling the prototype to begin with. The frontal fuselage is clearly visible, and the similarities to the cockpit mock-up are there.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes? The design is final, hence why they began assembling the prototype to begin with. The frontal fuselage is clearly visible, and the similarities to the cockpit mock-up are there.
The shorter nose was better in terms of charisma 😄

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
FbVeQZ8XgAMRk6h.jpeg

Oh wow... TAI has decided to raise the aircraft a bit it seems. Can't hold back my tears they've actually decided to upgrade the mock-up by their own means 🥺

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Again and again they display this furniture! 🤬 (Bari Baykar'dan utanın be!) We'd better see the real TFX prototype soon.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,789
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Again and again they display this furniture! 🤬 (Bari Baykar'dan utanın be!) We'd better see the real TFX prototype soon.
If TAI showed real prototype NOW it will be bad for Turkiye...

Following things will be happened according my understanding:

1.Many countries will send psudo officials (understand mostly from WEST as they will be skilled and experienced. In order to see, analysis of the platform ask questions etc. ). Then as we know and as Turkiye is still on state of embargo following will happened. They will prepare for future step how to apply next embargo or actions which can delay TFX.

2. There will be other then WEST countries which will come to see and Initiate contracts for TFX.

3. There will be more pressure from inside and from outside related to (like this thing here is bad.........can you change it).

etc.

For me personally it is better to hide it AS MUCH as Possible to the planed date for showing the TFX

Baris

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dunno. They're in contact with companies that will build the mock-up.
When can we expect to see the real deal ? Tomorrow is "tayyare bayramı" after all, so maybe they will show us a sneak peek but i doubt it. We are close either way, less then a year away from seeing its roll-out so we won't have to wait long.

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Frankly speaking I don’t understand all the fuss about the mock-up. I dream about the day when hundreds of them will stand side by side, armed from wing to nose, with Turkish engine, stealth technology, and latest electronics. From 2030 onwards we should produce 48 of them yearly.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is Hürjet who is supposed to make an appearance first not the TFX.
Stop trying to marry off the younger one of the siblings.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
that mock up did cost a lot of money, if i remember correct 100k euro.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Technical support of BAE Systems was received in the development of TFX. The guys know better than we do what TFX can and cannot do, at least kinematically. Therefore, if the prototype is not ready, there is no point in hiding its images. So it's not ready yet, and that's why they are showing this expensive "furniture" from exhibition to exhibition. I'm out of patience, I want to see the TFX prototype as soon as possible.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom