TR TF-X KAAN Fighter Jet

MIT

Reactions
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Singapore
Technical support of BAE Systems was received in the development of TFX. The guys know better than we do what TFX can and cannot do, at least kinematically. Therefore, if the prototype is not ready, there is no point in hiding its images. So it's not ready yet, and that's why they are showing this expensive "furniture" from exhibition to exhibition. I'm out of patience, I want to see the TFX prototype as soon as possible.
downloadfile-25.jpg
downloadfile-27.jpg
7ovwwb21-900.jpg

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Aviyonuk Sistemler. Karadeniz ortamına çabuk adapte olmuşlar
Oh god I just noticed that... Ayo what the jelly beans is wrong with this company 😂 They're super serious on the inside and they come up with great stuff, but they're a laughing stock basically in every other way. I'm not even mad they have character!

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,539
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Ok, I have a good question.

Recently I have seen some people like Ibrahim Sünnetçi confirming TVC for TF-X

How could it be implemented for the future models, with no expertise 2D F-22 like nozzles seem easier to do than 3D round serrated edge (F-35 like with TVC) , it seems like Mr.Aksit was hinting F-22 like 2D TVC, as he implied "Radar and IR stealth"

What's your take on this topic?

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,571
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

How could it be implemented for the future models, with no expertise 2D F-22 like nozzles seem easier to do than 3D round serrated edge (F-35 like with TVC) , it seems like Mr.Aksit was hinting F-22 like 2D TVC, as he implied "Radar and IR stealth"

f22esque TVC nozzles would help a lot to suppress the IR signature of early-block, f110 toting planes. later blocks should definitely have 3D TVC nozzles imo.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,539
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
f22esque TVC nozzles would help a lot to suppress the IR signature of early-block, f110 toting planes. later blocks should definitely have 3D TVC nozzles imo.
Imo 3D TVC are both hard to do with stealth and bring up lots of complications.

And it looks 🤢🤮

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,724
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

In order to have TVC we need an engine first. If we go with RR making the engine and ask them for a TVC version like they have on their EJ-200 engine, then may be, yes.
I can’t remember Mahmut Aksit implying. What he said was moving nozzle construction. That is not TVC. F110 has them as well.

1662913931920.png

We still have no engine for TFX, and now talking about having TVC on this non-existent engine! Let us get the TF6000 mature first. Then a 35000lbf level turbofan. Then we can discuss TVC.
In reality TVC doesn’t make a plane more capable in air warfare. RR have added this to their EJ-200 because it actually increased thrust and fuel efficiency. Since airframe design and aerodynamics of a plane mean more in terms of agility and overall performance, TVC can be thought of as a secondary choice.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,539
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
In order to have TVC we need an engine first. If we go with RR making the engine and ask them for a TVC version like they have on their EJ-200 engine, then may be, yes.
I can’t remember Mahmut Aksit implying. What he said was moving nozzle construction. That is not TVC. F110 has them as well.

View attachment 47628

We still have no engine for TFX, and now talking about having TVC on this non-existent engine! Let us get the TF6000 mature first. Then a 35000lbf level turbofan. Then we can discuss TVC.
In reality TVC doesn’t make a plane more capable in air warfare. RR have added this to their EJ-200 because it actually increased thrust and fuel efficiency. Since airframe design and aerodynamics of a plane mean more in terms of agility and overall performance, TVC can be thought of as a secondary choice.
Didn't Mr.Aksit both said TVC and Convergent Divergent.

And can't be F110 modified, being the actual nozzle hidden there or made smaller?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,724
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Moving nozzle construction does the same!
Didn't Mr.Aksit both said TVC and Convergent Divergent.

And can't be F110 modified, being the actual nozzle hidden there or made smaller?
Convergent and divergent ducts change movement of airflow and is achieved by moving the nozzle. These are 2 F110 engines of a F15. by moving the nozzles you can converge and diverge airflow.
1662915054311.jpeg

DIVERGENT DUCT

1662915269094.png

CONVERGENT DUCT

1662915344439.png

PS if you can make this. Yes TVC also is a possibility. But it introduces other problems in design to tackle.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,539
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Convergent and divergent ducts change movement of airflow and is achieved by moving the nozzle. These are 2 F110 engines of a F15. by moving the nozzles you can converge and diverge airflow.
View attachment 47629

DIVERGENT DUCT

View attachment 47630
CONVERGENT DUCT

View attachment 47631
PS if you can make this. Yes TVC also is a possibility.
And yes, I was talking about this but the problem is we don't know which version of TF-X going to have TVC.

With F110 they do have some possibilities but dunno if US allows it

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom