Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well there you have it... Via @Keremhok

*This picture is not recent.

View attachment 54931
how not recent it is?

How many prototypes are there?

hahahah almost start kind of thinking that we are looking to two diffrent prototypes

1679053153942.png

1679053485168.png

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Yeah you'd think so but unfortunately they are going the WRONG WAY!

They had a supreme looking model in the animation. They raised the cockpit ridicilously high, made cockpit glass
spherical, put vertical stabilizers that were supposed to partially hide nozzle heat signature on top of the engines thus increased the RCS and heat signature, added an ugly nonaerodynamic protruding nose camera...

And if you point out any mistakes you are a traitor... If you say keep going the wrong way you are a patriot. Go figure...

"Nose camera" bro what 💀

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Yeah you'd think so but unfortunately they are going the WRONG WAY!

They had a supreme looking model in the animation. They raised the cockpit ridicilously high, made cockpit glass
spherical, put vertical stabilizers that were supposed to partially hide nozzle heat signature on top of the engines thus increased the RCS and heat signature, added an ugly nonaerodynamic protruding nose camera...

And if you point out any mistakes you are a traitor... If you say keep going the wrong way you are a patriot. Go figure...

Are you ok? Lol

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah, dude, I wrote it to Cimer, and they instantly replied and said that they are going to fire Temel Kotil and İsmail Demir from their job asap and thinking of possible execution soon.
Clearly everyone with eyes noticed that TF-X is looking wonky/off. I listed the reasons why that is in my opinion & how to fix it. No need to make it about me. But this is how the people of this country are, sadly. You are supposed to apploud and never point out any mistakes.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,366
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
This looks more like Fat Amy (F-35s nick name in the DCS game community) not F22. This non streamlined body cant see Mach 2.2 or even 1.8 unlike the one from the animations from just a few months ago. The plane on the animation looked like an arrow, this looks like Fat Amy had a kid with Iran's stealth drone.

View attachment 54940

You should go to the coffeehouse and estabilesh empires and destroying empire, you can use your fantasy ther. This forum is not the place for.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Clearly everyone with eyes noticed that TF-X is looking wonky/off. I listed the reasons why that is in my opinion & how to fix it. No need to make it about me. But this is how the people of this country are, sadly. You are supposed to apploud and never point out any mistakes.

You keep using the word "mistake" which is pissing me off. Who do you think you are saying that something you know nothing about is a mistake?

You think you have better judgement than 1000s of high-skilled engineers and top military decision makers? And that by only having looked at a low res picture taken from an angle.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You keep using the word "mistake" which is pissing me off. Who do you think you are saying that something you know nothing about is a mistake?

You think you have better judgement than 1000s of high-skilled engineers and top military decision makers? And that by only having looked at a low res picture taken from an angle.
Either earlier models by those same people were wrong or this thing. Which is it? Again this is not about who I am. We are talking about technical concepts not the people here.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Either earlier models by those same people were wrong or this thing. Which is it? Again this is not about who I am. We are talking about technical concepts not the people here.

They always told us that the prototypes would materially differ from the mock-ups. Also expected design iterations from prototype to serial production.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Earlier models were, as their names suggest, models. Some people designed it as a showcase for what it will look like. It didn't extensively test for aerodynamics etc. As we all expect that things maturated when the design phase progressed. Why did they change it? Maybe it wasn't performing as it was looking. Maybe Force's requirements changed, and maybe wind tunnel results forced engineers to change the design. After all, it is the laws of physics that rule nature not your feelings.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
That is because it is not finished yet, it misses all kinds of sensors, protusions etc. that with production models will be added.

Compare it to a woman without makeup, with makeup she will look stunning!

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Earlier models were, as their names suggest, models. Some people designed it as a showcase for what it will look like. It didn't extensively test for aerodynamics etc. As we all expect that things maturated when the design phase progressed. Why did they change it? Maybe it wasn't performing as it was looking. Maybe Force's requirements changed, and maybe wind tunnel results forced engineers to change the design. After all, it is the laws of physics that rule nature not your feelings.
Raising RCS and heat signature by putting vertical stabilizers on top of the engines has nothing to do with "my feelings". Stealth is more important than other requirements. That is why other countries did not make this MISTAKE. Not even Russia.

5b0eb31c1ae66238008b4bb6

No Name

Reactions
5 318
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

Actually, the current design is the same as the first design that was shown back when Saab was helping with the project. I do not have the picture on me, but there was a picture of three possible designs that Saab came up with for the project going around online. One was a twin-engine jets that looked exactly like the current TF-X model here the other two were a single-engine and a single-engine with canards.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Actually, the current design is the same as the first design that was shown back when Saab was helping with the project. I do not have the picture on me, but there was a picture of three possible designs that Saab came up with for the project going around online. One was a twin-engine jets that looked exactly like the current TF-X model here the other two were a single-engine and a single-engine with canards.
I was talking about the last 2 models (mockup & animation) not the decade old ones. This protoype however looks more like
bulky F-35 (fat Amy) and alot less like a sleek 2.5 Mach F22 air superiority fighter. With that nonaerodynamic cockpit it has zero chance of reaching those speeds.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,612
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I was talking about the last 2 models (mockup & animation) not the decade old ones. This protoype however looks more like
bulky F-35 (fat Amy) and alot less like a sleek 2.5 Mach F22 air superiority fighter. With that nonaerodynamic cockpit it has zero chance of reaching those speeds.
Bro, you sound too sure. Besides, It didn't pass CDR yet.
I think it is better to wait and see.

For example, How FC-31 has gradually evolved into J-35.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom