Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,553
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Because people think that TAI will design a new aircraft for serial production just to meet their aesthetics. Changes will definitely happen, there and here. But don't expect a major airframe redesign.

Function over form. (+I don't get why it seems ugly to people)

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,490
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1.png

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,569
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
F-35 is the first, TF-X will be the second one.
As a mater of fact F 35 is a marvelous piece of technology no doubt about it but still it is more like jack of all trades, unsatisfactory or barely sufficient payload capacity at best for both for Air to Air and Air to ground missions for now. However, MMU will excel in almost all mission types.

No Name

Reactions
5 318
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Because people think that TAI will design a new aircraft for serial production just to meet their aesthetics. Changes will definitely happen, there and here. But don't expect a major airframe redesign.

Function over form. (+I don't get why it seems ugly to people)

nobody is arguing about how beautiful or ugly the jet is. What 37058444 is arguing is that it doesn't do enough to enhance its stealth.

most of the arguments against 37058444 have been against his character and not against his observations, except in the case of Nilgiri.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,553
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
nobody is arguing about how beautiful or ugly the jet is. What 37058444 is arguing is that it doesn't do enough to enhance its stealth.

most of the arguments against 37058444 have been against his character and not against his observations, except in the case of Nilgiri.
Uh not really, and also people don't bother much to answer when all the things he said are BS

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,785
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
have been against his character and not against his observations
Not at all, what you call "argument against his character" has been people asking, how does he know all the claims he has been making.

Who is he? What are his qualifications to make such claims from at first 2 blurry photos? Does he have access to wind tunnel data to claim it is "nonaerodynamical"? What about the heat signature claims, does he have access to tests about that? What about his talk about cockpit reducing the planes stealth? Does he have the results from computer simulations?

There is arguing in good faith, and then there is acting like you're an expert and everyone else is an idiot and disrespecting the people who has worked hard for years to get to this point.

Last edited:

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,553
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
20230317_005305.jpg
ob1c4cao8o9a1.jpg

Like cmon, newer versions of J-35 and J-20 also sport a spine/canopy/cockpit like the TF-X, apart from aerodynamics you know have more space for either fuel or avionics, more room for upgrades etc.

Please, cmon

No Name

Reactions
5 318
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Uh not really, and also people don't bother much to answer when all the things he said are BS

some of it may be BS, but the part about the vertical stabilizes does make some sense and is something that should be discussed properly instead of people just calling each other names.

Does anyone have any updates on what happening with the future engines, it seems strange that they still haven't agreed upon a company to develop the indigenous engines.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,812
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Turks have produced a 5th generation supersonic fighter jet from an ordinary heater core. Scientific circles around the world are struggling to understand how they did it.

FrgC6zHX0AM3gF2

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,553
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
And before our guy comes and whines about how they traded aero for more space, that is not the case.

It is known/claimed to perform better in subsonic/transonic regimes. Iirc it is related to shock cones and airflow.

Joe mark

Reactions
6 173
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Burkina Faso
some of it may be BS, but the part about the vertical stabilizes does make some sense and is something that should be discussed properly instead of people just calling each other names.

Does anyone have any updates on what happening with the future engines, it seems strange that they still haven't agreed upon a company to develop the indigenous engines.
It's clear criticizing this project is what you want

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,553
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

The part about Vstabs are not really open for discussion either. Like did he run CFD on the aircraft to claim those? Did he look at TF-X with a strong IR sensor? There is a reason why engines and Vstabs are like that...

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,553
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I am not saying that TF-X is not open for discussion, but if he wants to accuse TAI of designing stuff with no expertise, then he needs to come with real proof, analysis and credentials

No Name

Reactions
5 318
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
It's clear criticizing this project is what you want

I was one of the first people that tried to argue against his observations instead of just calling him an Iranian agent.

my recent defence of him is because I have seen the same argument about the stabilizers in several other places, and nobody has tried to counter it.

That said, I do not desire Mr phone number man to be right, but I believe that criticism is extremely important as it leads to discussions that expose a weakness that can be corrected in the future thus leading to strength, power and wealth.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,812
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
FreORmkWIAEGjkC

I have been haunted by that photo since yesterday. It's like a window into a part of my mind I have never explored before. When I look at the MMU, I see the next 10 years of Turkish aviation: the Anka-3, the twin-engine navalized KE, and beyond. Yesterday, we opened a new page in history, and decades from now, history books will dedicate a special page to March 17, 2023.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,060
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Chinese is very angry and claim MMU is very ugly.

````
Pulling out TF-X like this also gave us some more intuitive impressions of its possible technical and tactical performance. It is estimated that more than one person has two impressions after seeing this fighter: one is that the appearance of TF-X is indeed a bit "not very good-looking"; the other is that the appearance of TF-X is actually "a bit mixed" .

Not so good-looking TF-X
Saying that TF-X looks a bit ugly, let’s talk about our intuitive impression. The shape and lines of TF-X can be described as both stiff and thin:

We all know that typical fifth-generation fighter jets, such as F-22A and J-20, have a smooth aerodynamic shape, few sharp transitions on the aerodynamic surface, fusion of wing and body, and natural envelope of the engine compartment, such as the tip of the vertical tail. Sometimes there is also sharpening. This is not only an optimization for the supersonic performance of the fighter, but also a necessary requirement for the low detectable performance of the fighter.

In contrast, TF-X is obviously much worse. Let me put it bluntly. At first glance, this aircraft is not designed so naturally from the fuselage to the wings, from the wings to the vertical tail, and from the vertical tail...

For example, from the air inlet to the wing, the F-22A and the J-20 have a natural transition, basically implementing the principle of parallel aerodynamic surfaces. And this TF-X has an extra fold line inexplicably, it looks like the centerline of the fuselage and the wings are not on the same level at all, which looks extremely ugly.

Another example is the vertical tail of TF-X. Since there is no cutting edge treatment and no full-motion vertical tail design, the vertical tail of TF-X looks thinner, just like adding two large pieces of iron on the top of the fuselage. the same. At the same time, the transition between the vertical tail and the fuselage is also extremely rigid, lacking the necessary chamfer transition, and the shape-conserving design is not well done. Compared with the F-22A and J-20 as a whole, how do you say it? Looking left and right, it doesn’t look so pleasing to the eye. Generally speaking, it doesn’t feel very good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom