Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tusas CEO Temel Kotil, has said that TFX will be tested with F110 engines. He has also insinuated that by the end of this year body of TFX will start to form shape , in the interview.

Happy news long before the holidays.

We haven't even seen a glimpse of Hürjet yet but he is teasing with TFX already. I hope it goes all well, we want to be proud.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,973
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hope they come up with a own camo pattern, "my personal opinion" don't want to look at the MMU and always have the Raptor in my mind.

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
a comparison
OXebn9u.jpg

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
a comparison
OXebn9u.jpg
Is it only me or all these aircrafts KFX, F22 and especially F35 is thicker than MMU.. We haven't seen the final design but from mockup and animation it looked very thin to me considering F110 and weapons bay.. F110 is not small. And if you have plans to put SOM J like missiles to weapons bay you need a thick plane.. I really like the design but still not convinced.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
TFx is a very long plane, quite sizeable and that gives a thin look

F35 = 15.7m long
TFx = 19m long

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,778
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is it only me or all these aircrafts KFX, F22 and especially F35 is thicker than MMU.. We haven't seen the final design but from mockup and animation it looked very thin to me considering F110 and weapons bay.. F110 is not small. And if you have plans to put SOM J like missiles to weapons bay you need a thick plane.. I really like the design but still not convinced.
Our TFX is a big bird. It is almost as big as an f22.
If you watch the video below, around 39.00 mins onward , you will see that the small mock-up Temel Kotil is holding, has plenty of space under it’s belly. It is quite wide too. There is enough space for smart bombs and a2a missiles. He himself even says that in the interview.

ŞeyhMuşmula

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
SOM-J isn't really THAT thick though.

You can see SOM-B, SOM-J and TF-X together in this photo, it isn't really that thin of an aircraft and SOM-J isn't that thick of a missile. As you can see here, even SOM-B isn't that big.
Maquette_TF-X_Le_Bourget_2019.jpg

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
F22 is 19m and it is not a thin bird.. First renders for TFX was even thinner if I am not mistaken. Well engineers and army would know better of course unless weapons bay are only for a2a missiles.

1618969144455.png

Attachments

• 1618969108548.jpeg
    1618969108548.jpeg
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 50

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In interview, When the presenter asked the Göksungur supersonic drone for the second time, Mr Kotil had to explain the unmanned version of the TF-X for Göksungur. He said that when you take the pilot from the TF-X, it will become an unmanned supersonic fighter jet. In early minutes of interview, He told that TfX will be able to land on runway when pilot faint. It seems Göksungur won't be a simple drone and will host many technolohies of the TfX. Its rollout will be made after tfx anyway.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Temel Kotil kind of said we a trying a smaller model of it now.
Perhaps he is talking about a wind tunnel model or perhaps he is talking about a functional small TFX.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom