Administrator
Reactions
116 14,899
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thanks for the response.

How would the indigenous engine be tested? Will there be a 4 engine flying test bed or will Kaan be used (1 x F110 + 1 x new engine)?

I will be astonished if a new engine is tested and certified by 2028... but I have no idea what is going on behind closed doors. I wonder when the first development engine will run.
There are various methods of testing a new engine.
First a newly developed engine has to go through rigorous ground testing procedures.
After initial firing, an engine is tested and upgraded for a long time. The TF6000, for example, intended to give 6000lbf dry thrust, may only give 3500lbf during first firing. Then it is upgraded, fine tuned gradually, until it has an output of 6000lbf.
Once these are completed and the engine is ready to fly, then it is more prudent to fly a single engine with another old engine in tandem in case there are problems and the plane and pilot are not compromised.
How Tusas will progress about these test is something they will do according to their systems and program.
Tusas insists that the 2 out of 14 prototypes will have indigenous engines powering them by 2028. We will see. (Certification of a military engine is a lot easier and quicker than a civilian engine.) First firing should be by sometime in late 2025 or early 2026 if they intend to meet the deadline of 2028 first flight.

Last edited:

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How would the indigenous engine be tested? Will there be a 4 engine flying test bed or will Kaan be used (1 x F110 + 1 x new engine)?
IMO, one of Kaan test platforms in the configuration (1 x GE F110 + 1 x TEI TF35000) and flying autonomously without a pilot will be used.

There are 3 advantages to flying without a pilot:

1- There is a volume and weight quota on the aircraft for the sensors to collect data. Because the volume and weight quotas occupied by (the pilot + life support systems + ejection seat) become empty.

2- Since there is no pilot who can get tired, flight and fatigue tests can be performed uninterruptedly during very long flight hours.

3- Unnecessary risks are not taken for the lives of our valuable test pilots.

Last edited:

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Pakistan getting the Kaan around 2030 is very unlikely, unless TAI delivers all the required Kaan to the Turkish Air Force and TEI delivers the indigenous engine ready to be exported before that date, which is again, very unlikely. 😃
I think Pakistan will get Chinese J35 firstly

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes, can confirm Kotil said it in one of his interviews but cant find a news article with it.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
And when will come online?

Temel Kotil has said time and time again KAAN will return to base on its own if the pilot passes out. That's basically autonomous drone tech.

I think it maybe a bit earlier than our KAAN.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,684
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I think it maybe a bit earlier than our KAAN.
There's absolutely nothing on the article on the matter of when the J-35 will be ready.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There's absolutely nothing on the article on the matter of when the J-35 will be ready.
Information of Chinese often unclear and propaganda but as they made J20 and the engine I guess they can promote J35 to international market when KF21 and KAAN about to ready,even J35 can be has still many problems

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,684
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I guess they can promote J35 to international market when KF21 and KAAN about to ready,even J35 can be has still many problems
Yeah, nah.

The international community hardly gives 2 s*its about the Chinese aviation products. As a matter of fact, their MIC exports are down 20 percent compared to the year before.(https://www.geopolitica.info/china-arms-exports/)
And only the poorest of the poor and those who have absolutely no other choice tends to use Chinese military products in general.

They could promote the hell out of it, but unless they sell for ridiculously cheap prices(like 10-20 m a piece), I doubt we'll see any adoption apart from the PLA.

(or they manage to beat the US on the Taiwan Strait, which is an ask to say the least.)

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah, nah.

The international community hardly gives 2 s*its about the Chinese aviation products. As a matter of fact, their MIC exports are down 20 percent compared to the year before.(https://www.geopolitica.info/china-arms-exports/)
And only the poorest of the poor and those who have absolutely no other choice tends to use Chinese military products in general.

They could promote the hell out of it, but unless they sell for ridiculously cheap prices(like 10-20 m a piece), I doubt we'll see any adoption apart from the PLA.

(or they manage to beat the US on the Taiwan Strait, which is an ask to say the least.)
Normally that is

But Pakistan is that poor and those who have absolutely no other choice.

Chinese will use that as a second JF-17.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,684
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Normally that is

But Pakistan is that poor and those who have absolutely no other choice.

Chinese will use that as a second JF-17.
If they are able and willing to operate both J-35 and KAAN, I can't argue with that.

Mo' stealth mo' problems! (for India, that is :D)

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If they are able and willing to operate both J-35 and KAAN, I can't argue with that.

Mo' stealth mo' problems! (for India, that is :D)
We will start to produce KAAN after 2028 at a rate of 2-4 Jets per month; Mainly for TAF,

Pakistan can only get very few KAAN, if they can, so they will buy J35 too I guess

Last edited by a moderator:

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We will start produce KAAN since 2028 in a rate of 2-4 Jet per month,mainly for TAF,

Pakistan can only get very few KAAN if they can,so they will buy J35 too i guess
China won't sell cutting edge stealth aircraft to a current day Pakistan that imprisons even her own president by a simple order of the yankees. That is same as giving China's top-secrets to America.

On the other hand Türkiye wouldn't mind selling F-35 level stealth KAAN to all Muslim countries and we are even encouraging it actively.

So Türkiye and KAAN is the only realistic chance of any Muslim countries ever getting a stealth 5th gen fighter. Even if they somehow get something on paper "5-6th gen" I wouldn't trust it 1%. America spent several months to convert pseudo stealthy made for Turks fake looking "F-35" to actually stealthy F-35.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
China won't sell cutting edge stealth aircraft to a current day Pakistan that imprisons even her own president by a simple order of the yankees. That is same as giving China's top-secrets to America.

On the other hand Türkiye wouldn't mind selling F-35 level stealth KAAN to all Muslim countries and we are even encouraging it actively.

So Türkiye and KAAN is the only realistic chance of any Muslim countries ever getting a stealth 5th gen fighter. Even if they somehow get something on paper "5-6th gen" I wouldn't trust it 1%. America spent several months to convert pseudo stealthy made for Turks fake looking "F-35" to actually stealthy F-35.
J35 is the downgraded jet just like JT17 not the edge stealth aircraft j20

After around 2035 we will selling KAAN but 2030 too early even without any delay(hope no delay like Atlay and TF2000)

Before that Pakistan needs jet to replace their current fleet.

LIbyan Soldier

Libya Correspondent
Reactions
5 247
Nation of residence
Libya
Nation of origin
Libya

China has The Shenyang FC-31 and i think it's for export . and it's looking quite good

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom