Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,120
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Must be the second prototype with no undercarriage. Front part suspended on the infamous 6x6 cm profie stand.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,699
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Doesn't really excite me, I've had my fill with pictures like this when it was revealed.

Take of and landing is next and then flying around 1, 2, 3, 4 hours.

Then I'd like to see the signing of 100 engine delivery. (domestic production of 80+).

Then armed flight test etc.

Everything else is just theater play for the lesser intellectual individuals :cautious:

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,850
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Doesn't really excite me, I've had my fill with pictures like this when it was revealed.

Take of and landing is next and then flying around 1, 2, 3, 4 hours.

Then I'd like to see the signing of 100 engine delivery. (domestic production of 80+).

Then armed flight test etc.

Everything else is just theater play for the lesser intellectual individuals :cautious:

I'm sorry but isn't that picture old? You can see the weapons lined up under it the aircraft. This was done when I think the Saudi delegation was visiting TAI at the time or our media was visiting don't know anymore. There is the same picture in a different angle with the lights on.

Found it:

TFX-Turquia.jpg

In the dark picture you can even see that the paint was not yet applied...

Spitfire9

Committed member
Reactions
6 366
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Is it on schedule to fly this year? It is November 20 now. 27 December is less than 40 days away.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,699
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is it on schedule to fly this year? It is November 20 now. 27 December is less than 40 days away.
I imagine that they will make it fly this year as planned. If it flies it’ll place additional pressure on our allies who’re dragging their feet on TAF request for purchase.
Even if premature flight carries risks.

Spitfire9

Committed member
Reactions
6 366
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
I imagine that they will make it fly this year as planned. If it flies it’ll place additional pressure on our allies who’re dragging their feet on TAF request for purchase.
Even if premature flight carries risks.
You have a good point - just flying it will send a message to reluctant suppliers. If they want to make a profit from supplying/hold some control over use of TuAF assets, supplying sooner would be better than later.

Providing the prototype is flightworthy, the first flight will not be premature in my opinion - the status of items not essential for flight (sensors etc) does not matter. I hope the weather will prove good on 27 December so that pressure to fly in marginal conditions does not arise.

Aqerdf

Reactions
5 210
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This flight will be equal to X-35's first flight imo. For TAI, it will be another important point after creating the bird and moving it with it's own power.

TAI wants more data, bcs. it's an urgent matter, and they want to assure confidence / proof of point; it's their first 5th gen baby. So they want to fly as soon as possible i think...

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,272
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
TAI wants more data, bcs. it's an urgent matter, and they want to assure confidence / proof of point; it's their first 5th gen baby. So they want to fly as soon as possible i think...

That’s a nice concept. I didn’t think about it this way.

infrared

Reactions
5 203
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wasn't allowed to go in that hangar from my uncle(high rank) but this dude can!
That guy also leaked the side internal weapon bays of Kaan. He publishes other peoples' work as if his as well. He will do anything for his benefit even if it means screwing others.

infrared

Reactions
5 203
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
This flight will be equal to X-35's first flight imo. For TAI, it will be another important point after creating the bird and moving it with it's own power.

Also, both hurjet and atak 2 first flights were way more easier. For hurjet they had proven foreign components like flight controller. For atak 2 they had to fly a few meters and land back.

Fingers crossed. If Kaan flies without issues we will have our hand a lot stronger for any negotiation.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,699
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes, but please, stop saying it's 5th gen. it's not. When it's a 5th gen then we'll all know it without having to discuss it.

if you wish to repeat a lie in hopes of making it true. Guess Iran has 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th.... I hope you get my drift.

All that matters is it flies and can launch A2A missiles and drop bombs.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
77 16,338
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
75 posts were moved due to the fact that the most of them had absolutely no connection to the listed projects in the name of this thread.

Guys please continue discussions regarding the developments in the Air Force here:

Let's keep the thread clean so we can follow the flow of information regarding the projects better.

Thank you!

Spitfire9

Committed member
Reactions
6 366
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Looking at this from afar - with no allegiance to Turkiye, Hamas, Israel, Germany or the US - I rate the chances of Turkiye receiving F-16 or Typhoon as near zero, given what I hear Erdogan say in his speeches since Israel struck back after the October 7 Hamas attack. In my opinion it is now wishful thinking to imagine that either will be supplied.

Turkiye had better get on buying Russian, Chinese or Pakistani if it wants something before KAAN is available with a Turkish engine. The least objectionable choice to NATO would be Pakistani, I guess. How would JF-17 compare to F-4?

Top Bottom