Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,216
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Must be the second prototype with no undercarriage. Front part suspended on the infamous 6x6 cm profie stand.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,868
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Doesn't really excite me, I've had my fill with pictures like this when it was revealed.

Take of and landing is next and then flying around 1, 2, 3, 4 hours.

Then I'd like to see the signing of 100 engine delivery. (domestic production of 80+).

Then armed flight test etc.

Everything else is just theater play for the lesser intellectual individuals :cautious:

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,886
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Doesn't really excite me, I've had my fill with pictures like this when it was revealed.

Take of and landing is next and then flying around 1, 2, 3, 4 hours.

Then I'd like to see the signing of 100 engine delivery. (domestic production of 80+).

Then armed flight test etc.

Everything else is just theater play for the lesser intellectual individuals :cautious:

I'm sorry but isn't that picture old? You can see the weapons lined up under it the aircraft. This was done when I think the Saudi delegation was visiting TAI at the time or our media was visiting don't know anymore. There is the same picture in a different angle with the lights on.

Found it:

TFX-Turquia.jpg

In the dark picture you can even see that the paint was not yet applied...

Spitfire9

Reactions
8 404
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Is it on schedule to fly this year? It is November 20 now. 27 December is less than 40 days away.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,868
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is it on schedule to fly this year? It is November 20 now. 27 December is less than 40 days away.
I imagine that they will make it fly this year as planned. If it flies it’ll place additional pressure on our allies who’re dragging their feet on TAF request for purchase.
Even if premature flight carries risks.

Spitfire9

Reactions
8 404
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
I imagine that they will make it fly this year as planned. If it flies it’ll place additional pressure on our allies who’re dragging their feet on TAF request for purchase.
Even if premature flight carries risks.
You have a good point - just flying it will send a message to reluctant suppliers. If they want to make a profit from supplying/hold some control over use of TuAF assets, supplying sooner would be better than later.

Providing the prototype is flightworthy, the first flight will not be premature in my opinion - the status of items not essential for flight (sensors etc) does not matter. I hope the weather will prove good on 27 December so that pressure to fly in marginal conditions does not arise.

Aqerdf

Reactions
5 222
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This flight will be equal to X-35's first flight imo. For TAI, it will be another important point after creating the bird and moving it with it's own power.

TAI wants more data, bcs. it's an urgent matter, and they want to assure confidence / proof of point; it's their first 5th gen baby. So they want to fly as soon as possible i think...

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
67 7,751
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
TAI wants more data, bcs. it's an urgent matter, and they want to assure confidence / proof of point; it's their first 5th gen baby. So they want to fly as soon as possible i think...

That’s a nice concept. I didn’t think about it this way.

infrared

Reactions
4 186
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wasn't allowed to go in that hangar from my uncle(high rank) but this dude can!
That guy also leaked the side internal weapon bays of Kaan. He publishes other peoples' work as if his as well. He will do anything for his benefit even if it means screwing others.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,868
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes, but please, stop saying it's 5th gen. it's not. When it's a 5th gen then we'll all know it without having to discuss it.

if you wish to repeat a lie in hopes of making it true. Guess Iran has 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th.... I hope you get my drift.

All that matters is it flies and can launch A2A missiles and drop bombs.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,891
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
75 posts were moved due to the fact that the most of them had absolutely no connection to the listed projects in the name of this thread.

Guys please continue discussions regarding the developments in the Air Force here:

Let's keep the thread clean so we can follow the flow of information regarding the projects better.

Thank you!

Spitfire9

Reactions
8 404
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Looking at this from afar - with no allegiance to Turkiye, Hamas, Israel, Germany or the US - I rate the chances of Turkiye receiving F-16 or Typhoon as near zero, given what I hear Erdogan say in his speeches since Israel struck back after the October 7 Hamas attack. In my opinion it is now wishful thinking to imagine that either will be supplied.

Turkiye had better get on buying Russian, Chinese or Pakistani if it wants something before KAAN is available with a Turkish engine. The least objectionable choice to NATO would be Pakistani, I guess. How would JF-17 compare to F-4?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,216
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Looking at this from afar - with no allegiance to Turkiye, Hamas, Israel, Germany or the US - I rate the chances of Turkiye receiving F-16 or Typhoon as near zero, given what I hear Erdogan say in his speeches since Israel struck back after the October 7 Hamas attack. In my opinion it is now wishful thinking to imagine that either will be supplied.

Turkiye had better get on buying Russian, Chinese or Pakistani if it wants something before KAAN is available with a Turkish engine. The least objectionable choice to NATO would be Pakistani, I guess. How would JF-17 compare to F-4?
Isreal struck their own people first in response to Hamas move before they struck Muslims. There are some real people in the world that will not take events as they are portrayed by mainstream media. There is still a good chance the EF deal to come through. If not we are better off building on our own capabilities on fast track. We can go full steam with engine development and squeeze time to the maximum by starting every aspect of development without waiting for results from previous development steps. This way we can probably do 10 ears of work in just 4 years. This is wisfull thinking but is more likely to happen.

Last edited:

Spitfire9

Reactions
8 404
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Isreal struck their own people first in response to Hamas move before they struck Muslims. There are some real people in the world that will not take events as they are portrayed by mainstream media. There is still a good chance the EF deal to come through. If not we are better off building on our own capabilities on fast track. We can go full steam with engine development and squeeze time to the maximum by starting every aspect of development without waiting for results from previous development steps. This way we can probably do 10 ears of work in just 4 years. This is wisfull thinking but is more likely to happen.
I don't think there is any real chance of the current German administration approving Typhoon supplies to Turkiye. But, if I remember correctly, Germany has elections in a year or two. Perhaps that will change with a new administration. Perhaps Erdogan will succeed in turning the UK, Italy or Spain into countries refusing to allow export to Turkiye. He seems to be trying hard to do so.

If the next UK government (election due next year) is not centre-right as now but centre/centre-left, it may refuse to allow British content in Typhoon to be supplied to Turkiye (before Germany gets a new government). While many British people support the Palestinians, far more now that Israel is killing civilians in Gaza, they do not support Hamas, which also kills civilians.

Last edited:

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,061
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

They don't sell Turkiye weapons because they like us, if anything they are at war with us. I know if Turkiye armed and trained the IRA on the British border the english would perceive it as an act of war. This is what the USA is doing with the PKK. Let alone many europeans giving sanctuary to these terrorists.

They use weapons to manipulate our actions, to control what we do.

The danger with the westerners completely cutting Turkiye off is that you will force Turkiye directly into the camp of Russia, Iran and China. Isreal will find herself facing a Turkiye that sees her as direct enemy like iran. What a nightmare that would be for Isreal if Turkiye and Iran are pushed to become allies, what a nightmare it would be for american european games in the middle east. They would be swiftly kicked out. No one in the middle east will be able to oppose both nations working together.

This will also force Turkiye to increase her resistance to the PKK games in Syria, no more f'king around, nothing to lose now, no weapons to blackmail us with etc.

As for the millions of refugees, no point helping europe if their effectlively trying to bury us.

Never think the americans or shit heads in europe are doing us favours, they do according to what is in their interests first. Turn Turkiye into a complete enemy and the cost will be high for europe too simply due to geography.

This is why the americans/europeans use a give and take approach, the carrot and stick approach. Don't attack PKK, we give you f16, attack PKK we wont sell you F16 etc etc.

Now it was in Turkiyes interest to take a balanced approach, we failed completely under AK party. But don't think if they push us to the other side that there wont be big costs to the imperial nations in the region, there will be.

Had Turkiye took Russias side in Ukraine, i suspect the war would have ended quickly, Turkish arms to Russia instead of Ukraine and no closure of the black sea. If tomrrow Turkiye ended up on Russia and Irans side, eastern europe is gone.

Could you imagine you may even end up seeing Chinese bases in Turkiye.

Now none of this is good for Turkiye, but the point is there is potentially massive costs to the west to keep shitting on Turkiye. So they are going to keep playing their pressure game, hinder us as much as possible but never cut us off so much that we turn the other way. They need a passive Turkiye for at least another 20 years to get their pkkistan in syria.

Because if tomorrow erdogan makes a deal with Assad, that game is over in Syria. Assad, Iran, Turkey and Russia will all make sure America leaves for good.

And on a side note the anglo-american world plays the good cop bad cop routine. If america is bad cop britain will play good cop, their agenda is completely aligned.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom