Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,835
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
If F22 is the criteria of 5th generation,The F35 isnt 5th generation because of speed.

KAAN is like the Chinese J20,the engine is 4th.

But west media love CHinese so much that J20 is 5th
4.5, not 4, they already have the characteristics of 5th gen like the overall shape, ram coating or sensors. And J-20 has already flown with WS-15, their new 5th gen engine, and if I remember it right, the engine is in serial production.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,684
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think the main criticism is, with F110 engine it’s IR signature reduction does not matches that of F-22 and F-35. Both of which has significantly reduced IR singetures due to special engine and nozzle designs and other measures.
It is a widely known fact that F135 spews much more heat than the F110.
With the heat management infrastructure in the F-35 air frame, it barely makes a leap in that regard.
Infrastructure that KAAN most likely packs as well.

"F110-laden KAAN is a 4.5 gen plane" is a bulls*it statement.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
4.5, not 4, they already have the characteristics of 5th gen like the overall shape, ram coating or sensors. And J-20 has already flown with WS-15, their new 5th gen engine, and if I remember it right, the engine is in serial production.
Su-35 F-15EX F-16V typhoon are typical 4.5

F-22 is typical 5th

There are F35 Su57 J20 Kaan between them.

F35 is because lack supersonic cruise ability .

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,758
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Guys, I think you are too much into this categorization crap. Let's look and compare the capabilities and after that we can market it whatever generation we want. Does it meet the requirements of the customer? That's the important part. I am sure nobody will turn KAAN back because it is writing 3.5, 4.5, 5 or 6 Gen on the label.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well every time we get this engine argument, which is not so valid IMHO.

5th gen general characteristics are:
- stealth
- internal bays
- sensor fusion
- AESA radar

So by characteristics Kaan is a 5th generation fighter jet. The Korean jet is stealth but has no internal bays, which classifies her as 4th generation

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let s remember that we couldnt decided or produce any jet fighters in the whole 20th century.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,681
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well every time we get this engine argument, which is not so valid IMHO.

5th gen general characteristics are:
- stealth
- internal bays
- sensor fusion
- AESA radar

So by characteristics Kaan is a 5th generation fighter jet. The Korean jet is stealth but has no internal bays, which classifies her as 4th generation
And network-centric operational capability.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

"AESA tabanlı milli uçak radarı MURAD’ı, AKINCI İHA’ya ve jet uçağımıza entegre ettik,"

MURAD has been integrated to a jet aircraft and Akıncı.

"Milli Muharip Uçağımız KAAN pilotlarının havadaki gözü olacak TULGAR’ın ilk prototip üretimini tamamladık,"

First prototype of TULGAR HMD for KAAN was completed

"F16’larımız için geliştirdiğimiz IFF Birleşik Sorgulayıcı Cevaplayıcı teslimatını yaptık,"

Integrated IFF system deliveries for the F-16s are ongoing

"Milli Muharip Uçak haberleşme alt sistemi (ICNI) prototipinin tasarımını tamamladık ve teslimatını yaptık. "

Design, production and delivery of the first ICNI prototype for the KAAN was completed. ICNI consists of the communication and navigation systems of the aircraft like the DL, IFF, INS/GPS, TACAN etc

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,826
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have said what @Kartal1 said in the past, and didn't want to repeat myself, so just made a short comment.

As long as it flies and can launch the munition we produce doesn't matter.

As of now it's not a 5th gen, so wake up, or remember to add "future versions" in your post when you want to mention KAAN as being anything else than 4 - 4.5 gen.

I think it's a turkish trait to forget current situation and get caught up in future prospect and talk as if it has been achieved.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,866
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can we expect some significant changes on Kaan on size or is this the final design?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,899
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dear Members,
This is the new home of KAAN now!
Please discuss ONLY KAAN related matters here.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
if dats the case then this baby is kinda under-armed for such big twin engine design
Have you seen any weapons on the KAAN that you call it under-armed?
It hasnt even flown yet so how do you come up with such an assessment?

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,219
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
KAAN's inclusion of two sidebays for Bozdogan is a guarantee that it has at least two 25km range missiles at all times, since its larger than AIM9 X here's hoping we could make even longer range versions for those slots. My hope is internal weapons bay holds at least 6 Gokdogan but we will see. A2G is secondary concern

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,878
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
KAAN's inclusion of two sidebays for Bozdogan is a guarantee that it has at least two 25km range missiles at all times, since its larger than AIM9 X here's hoping we could make even longer range versions for those slots. My hope is internal weapons bay holds at least 6 Gokdogan but we will see. A2G is secondary concern

I expect in stealth mode 2 WVR(Bozdogan)+6 BVR(Gökdogan/Gökhan). In beast mode it would probably carry, especially if Aselsan develops a triple rack for KAAN, 4 WVR+12 BVR. Couple that with a potent AESA Radars in that big nose and you have a deadly machine.

I agree A2G should be seconday concern. As the Air Force will have that covered with KE, ANKA-III and other drones in the inventory and possibly Armed Hürjet as well as the F-16 fleet.

Do we have any new info on first flight or the other prototypes?

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
21 2,334
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Beauty

20240109_105511.jpg

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom