Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Relax my friend. They may make the first flight before the March 31 elections, for election propaganda. ;) Under the weight of this stress, you will fall ill by that time, God forbid! LOL
All would be good if they hadnt given a fly date,it just pisses me off.
As if flying it is such a big deal for some of us but they made it a big deal. 🤬 :mad: 🤬 :mad: 🤬 :mad:

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,543
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
All would be good if they hadnt given a fly date,it just pisses me off.
As if flying it is such a big deal for some of us but they made it a big deal. 🤬 :mad: 🤬 :mad: 🤬 :mad:

Kotil wants to make the first flight of Kaan as soon as possible, where the government wants to delay it for elections purposes. That’s the way I see it.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,354
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Best thing is not expect when they give dates, we will see it like they did with ANKA-3. After 6 months Anka3 was flying, so people do not expect bigs when they give a date.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kotil is ready but if you have noticed even Hürjet, ATAK 2, etc. video updates disappeared all of a sudden compared to election month.

I think they will release dozens of videos in March election campaign. Most logical and prudent course of action would be to ready second prototype to taxi tests in March and God forbid if something unexpected happens during flight test of prototype 1, we will at least have a backup.

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,488
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
2nd prototype should have been either already finished or should have at least come a long way into its manufacturing. The second KF-21 prototype was finished two weeks after the first flight of the first prototype, and conducted maiden flight four months later. Considering how our timeline is more ambitious, we should meet and surpass these target dates, if we are to meet the goals.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,216
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
2nd prototype should have been either already finished or should have at least come a long way into its manufacturing. The second KF-21 prototype was finished two weeks after the first flight of the first prototype, and conducted maiden flight four months later. Considering how our timeline is more ambitious, we should meet and surpass these target dates, if we are to meet the goals.
First prototype was made befofe CDR was finished so there isn't much point to making more prototypes before that. KF21 was at a different stage of its development lifecycle.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,666
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
First prototype was made befofe CDR was finished so there isn't much point to making more prototypes before that. KF21 was at a different stage of its development lifecycle.
It's not even clear if CDR for Kaan is completed.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,576
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
It's not even clear if CDR for Kaan is completed.

Iirc, They said something like it would be finished by the end of 2024?

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,488
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's so weird. So it's kind of true that this is originally an iron bird, but the project made it evolve into a flying bare bones prototype? Wouldn't that kind of delay the project massively if the data coming from the flights forced changes that postponed cdr and manufacturing of first actual prototype? And if so, I heard they have already started with the manufacturing of a second prototype; the first iron bird into flying prototype one can kind of understand but what is this second one supposed to be if cdr isn't finished yet?

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,216
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's so weird. So it's kind of true that this is originally an iron bird, but the project made it evolve into a flying bare bones prototype? Wouldn't that kind of delay the project massively if the data coming from the flights forced changes that postponed cdr and manufacturing of first actual prototype? And if so, I heard they have already started with the manufacturing of a second prototype; the first iron bird into flying prototype one can kind of understand but what is this second one supposed to be if cdr isn't finished yet?
If it flies and finds things needs to be fixed, these are problems what would have occured at a later point and would delay the project. If such issues are found earlier by a couple years because we flew a prototype early that would accelerate the project compared to other approach. But yes this prototype GTU0 is literally ground test unit, not iron bird though.

Fatman17

Committed member
Reactions
9 528
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Pictures from TAI
FiUShM6XwAIY0Wj.jpeg.jpg
FiUSq19WYAEGqML.jpeg.jpg
FiUSt5QXgAIEuPI.jpeg.jpg
FiUSwBEXwAAjjEU.jpeg.jpg

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,576
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
These are way old. Has been shared multiple times before,

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
I'm back fellas. Awaiting some news on the aircraft as soon as the weather clears. It is also important to note that the maiden flight will most likely take place early in the morning when weather conditions are much less likely to effect the flightline operations currently ongoing at TAI. So if some photos don't drop until noon, don't expect a FF. But anything can happen.

Spitfire9

Reactions
8 389
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
UK met office predicts Ankara weather

Friday - temp >0C
0900 partial cloud, wind 5km/ph
1200 clear, wind 6km/ph
1500 partial cloud, wind 15km/ph