Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,733
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Wouldn’t the primary use of TFX be against Russia and Russian backed countries using russian planes and russian air defenses
Not really
You may use them against PKK or Greece whom both are being protected by the US
You may also use them in libya against Haftar who is a French proxy

Having a national deterrent isnt only to protect yourself from Russia but to ensure that some so-called allies dont even think about stabbing you in the back and throwing you as cannon fodder in order to save the mighty nobles of the West.

From how I see it, Turkey is facing both US and Russian proxies

Last edited:

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,295
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The last time Russia provided a transfer of technology to a country (China) it resulted in the reverse-engineering of the entire aircraft known as the Mig-21. From that point onwards China became a competitor in the jet fighter export market (using the tech provided from Russia to build the J-7 and J -9 ). Russia wouldn't dare make the same mistake again, especially in regards to a NATO member with a growing ADS industry.
AFAIK, Russia provided ToT with their Su-27s so that China produces it locally under license, however, They came out with their J-11 and derivatives based on the Su-27 family without even admitting that they're the same aircraft and without paying Russia anything.

M

Manomed

AFAIK, Russia provided ToT with their Su-27s so that China produces it locally under license, however, They came out with their J-11 and derivatives based on the Su-27 family without even admitting that they're the same aircraft and without paying Russia anything.
Not really they got the su 33 prototype from ukraine not russia.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Politicians are ruining us yeah lets cooperate with our enemy

I think we should read these type of announcements like a reminder to US address as: "we keep our options open in case you get funny ideas on the engine supply".

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,853
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
They paid alot for Su-27 ToT.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,295
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not really they got the su 33 prototype from ukraine not russia.

They paid alot for Su-27 ToT.

"The Shenyang J-11 is a Chinese copy of the excellent Russian Sukhoi Su-27 “Flanker” multirole fighter. In fact, it was at first an authorized copy—but Chinese ambitions to adapt it with locally produced technology transformed it into a reverse-engineered headache for Russian industry. In successive variants, the J-11 and the Flanker-derived J-15 and J-16 have been at the forefront of Chinese efforts to produce long-range fourth-generation fighters that can contest the seas around China—if only Chinese engineers can work out the kinks in their domestically produced jet engines."

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Ok you guys will need a bigger facility too , need for altitude test facility came out for India recently , wanted to check for other nations with similar engine program too , this one is good enough for small jet engine only upto 15kn
Kale Arge company that are developing cruise missile engines have such a facility.

peers

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Everytime these officials mention Russia, I wanna smash my head on the keyboard and break it apart.
For the countries in our geography, Russia, the USA or the EU are not allies. It is important and wise to have Russian engines as an option until the MMU engine is complete. Considering the economic and military threats of the USA in recent years, as well as the situation in Ukraine, the policy followed by the Turkish government is quite logical.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,705
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ok you guys will need a bigger facility too , need for altitude test facility came out for India recently , wanted to check for other nations with similar engine program too , this one is good enough for small jet engine only upto 15kn
TEI has an altitude testing facility that can simulate atmospheric conditions up to 30k feet.

42:35

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,613
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They could just buy the hothead that melts titanium and design the rest of the printer as they see fit. Interestingly they didn't go for that
TFX project has a time criticality aspect to it, once its done, I'm pretty sure they'll focus on such stuff.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As far as I understand, the high altitude-low pressure test unit is only used for UAV engines. There is no such test unit for turbofan engines yet. In fact, there is not even a turbofan engine prototype yet. The current priority is on the TS-1400 and TS-3000 turboshaft engines. They don't work at 30,000 ft, either.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,789
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is a test cell that TEI
so that means u will need a new one for tfx engine . that will be almost half a billion plus worth of facility. whats the outlay for tfx right now ?
There is a Turbofan Engine Test Cell with capacity of up to 100000 lbs at TEI. It is used to test the F110 engines that TEI manufactures and maintains. I don’t know if this is the high altitude low pressure testing you are talking about.

1643732497035.jpeg

Last edited:

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
There is a test cell that TEI

There is a Turbofan Engine Test Cell with capacity of up to 100000 lbs at TEI. It is used to test the F110 engines that TEI manufactures and maintains. I don’t know if this is the high altitude low pressure testing you are talking about.

View attachment 39326
no that is for validation or quality test of the engine manufactured , basically a test rig to verify whether there is a manufacturing error or not . the facility i am talking about is for development phase of engine.

below is a newspeice of GE ACE engine under testing at ohio HATF .

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
no that is for validation or quality test of the engine manufactured , basically a test rig to verify whether there is a manufacturing error or not . the facility i am talking about is for development phase of engine.

below is a newspeice of GE ACE engine under testing at ohio HATF .
I think they are going to use motorsich infrastructures till they build their owns

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom