Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
SSB Chairman İsmail Demir: There is no supply risk for MMU's engine

- “We do not expect any risk as the deliveries of our first batch of orders have started, but we still have alternative works”
- “We are doing risk management on this issue, we will announce it when the time come"

peers

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The first prototype of our National Combat Aircraft (MMU) will reach the assembly phase by the end of this year.

TAI head Temel Kotil stated that the MMU engine will work in 2022. If assembly is to begin at the end of 2022, it will be very difficult to complete the production of the prototype within this year.

There is an error in one of these two posts.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI head Temel Kotil stated that the MMU engine will work in 2022. If assembly is to begin at the end of 2022, it will be very difficult to complete the production of the prototype within this year.

There is an error in one of these two posts.
The production of TFX only needs to be completed before 18 March 2023 when it is planned to roll out of the hanger for show. The statement "the TFX engine will work in 2022" (which I had not heard before) should mean a static run of the engine installed on the plane at best (as opposed to an uninstalled test run).

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,747
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Beautiful name. TF (Turkish Fighter) 23 (2023,100th anniversary of Turkish Republic and first roll-out year of the fighter) Anatolian Eagle.

tayyare

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's the name suggested by a former Air Force general on I think nokta tv or something. It's not official afaik

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TF-23 / Anadolu Kartalı
Turkish Fighter 2023 (an English name marking first roll out year) / Andolu Kartalı (eagle) (name Ana+dolu / mother+full/filled , derived from Anatolia)
"Anadolu sözcüğü Yunanca doğu veya gündoğumu anlamına gelen Ανατολή sözcüğünden türemiştir"

TM-25 / Zafer (victory)
Türk Muharip (warrior/warring) 2025 (Turkish name marking year of first flight)

Year 2023 predates year 2025 giving 23 as a name makes the plane look older than it actually is.

Last edited:

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TF-23 / Anadolu Kartalı
Turkish Fighter 2023 (an English name marking first roll out year) / Andolu Kartalı (eagle) (name Ana+dolu / mother+full/filled , derived from Antolia)
"Anadolu sözcüğü Yunanca doğu veya gündoğumu anlamına gelen Ανατολή sözcüğünden türemiştir"

TM-25 / Zafer (victory)
Türk Muharip (warrior/warring) 2025 (Turkish name marking year of first flight)

Year 2023 predates year 2025 giving 23 as a name makes the plane look older than it actually is.
We shouldn't give it an Arabic name.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,684
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hear me out: TF-23 Konrul.

From Wikipedia:
"In Turkic mythology, Konrul, also Kongrul and Konqrul (Azeri: Qonrul, قنرل, Гонрул) is a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn, similar to a phoenix."

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus

From Wikipedia:
"In Turkic mythology, Konrul, also Kongrul and Konqrul (Azeri: Qonrul, قنرل, Гонрул) is a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn, similar to a phoenix."
Does it have an English translation?

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

From Wikipedia:

Not sounds good in my ear though, why don have 2 version, Turkish and English ?

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom