Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
a certain number of TFX will be produced with F110 engines during the mass production phase and this situation will relieve us in terms of domestic engine development
I remember hearing that too. Bu was it before RR signed up or after I am not sure.

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
I would love to be wrong. But we have heard enough from both Mr Kotil and Demir about a lot of “will” , “shall” and “going to”s .
Proof of the pudding is in the eating!

if you want my honest opinion , I stopped reading any news related to ( engine & Altay tank ) . too much BS and propaganda that will confuse you . just sit back and enjoy the other cool projects by the turkish industry

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,861
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is reality.
Professor Aksit states:
We are now in a position and readiness to produce the engine of MMU. We can manufacture it in 12-13 years.
This is the guy who knows what he is talking about. It is not easy to produce a 35000lbf class turbofan engine that will meet the stringent demands of a twin engined stealth jet fighter.
Forget about all the politically motivated claims and BS spread about 2028 etc. This is reality.
This is also good news. I hope we do not put the brakes on this project and let them go ahead with it at full steam.
In the meantime though; it is imperative that we sign a contract with RR/Kale consortium to push the button for our under licence “indigenously” produced TFX engine specific to this plane.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is reality.
Professor Aksit states:
We are now in a position and readiness to produce the engine of MMU. We can manufacture it in 12-13 years.
This is the guy who knows what he is talking about. It is not easy to produce a 35000lbf class turbofan engine that will meet the stringent demands of a twin engined stealth jet fighter.
Forget about all the politically motivated claims and BS spread about 2028 etc. This is reality.
This is also good news. I hope we do not put the brakes on this project and let them go ahead with it at full steam.
In the meantime though; it is imperative that we sign a contract with RR/Kale consortium to push the button for our under licence “indigenously” produced TFX engine specific to this plane.

Before getting the final sophisticated engines intermediate results can also be put to use.
Please stop dismissing that there can be milestones achieved that can make useful engines.
Also consider that the initial batches of TFX will not be fully stealth and can use development engines. Mr. Akşit says 10 to 12 or 13 years for those who speak Turkish. You can as well take it as 10 years. And from his talk he says preliminary studies have been made to come to an assessment whether they can make the engine or not which means development have already been underway for some time.

BS is in the eye of the beholder.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,861
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Before getting the final sophisticated engines intermediate results can also be put to use.
Please stop dismissing that there can be milestones achieved that can make useful engines.
Also consider that the initial batches of TFX will not be fully stealth and can use development engines. Mr. Akşit says 10 to 12 or 13 years for those who speak Turkish. You can as well take it as 10 years. And from his talk he says preliminary studies have been made to come to an assessment whether they can make the engine or not which means development have already been underway for some time.

BS is in the eye of the beholder.
Mahmut Akşit is the guy who has his in hands the capability to produce the MMU engine.
Mr Dur is in charge of a design bureau.
One gives a 6 year timeline. The other one, 12-13 years.
Now who do we believe?
When you talk about the indigenous MMU engine it is the stealth engine everyone understands. So let us not play on words. The non stealth planes will fly with purchased F110 engine as confirmed by Mr Ismail Demir.
Any other statement that are not fully self explanatory like Mr Aksit’s interview, are to my ears, politically motivated.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mahmut Akşit is the guy who has his in hands the capability to produce the MMU engine.
Now who do we believe?
When you talk about the indigenous MMU engine it is the stealth engine everyone understands. So let us not play on words. The non stealth planes will fly with purchased F110 engine as confirmed by Mr Ismail Demir.
Any other statement that are not fully self explanatory like Mr Aksit’s interview, are to my ears, politically motivated.

Both

Mr Aksit talks about 12-13 years for design from scratch indigenously
Mr Dur talks about an engine with the help of Rolls Royce

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Both

Bullshit!!
Dur is also talking indigenous engine ,similar to f-16 one. But Twi could be meaning stealth engine with 35k lb thrust values ,while due is talking about f110 like engine

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We have actually no clue how long it will take with RR involvement.
RR have all the experience to squeeze the time and make it happen in a few short years.
But they may drag foot not to give the engine earlier.

Mr Akşit being TEI chief takes the work schedules of his company and gives a comfortable timeline.
If it were up to Mr Dur he would make it the quickest.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,339
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Now who do we believe?

I think Aksit is talking about a engine from scratch, and Dur is talking about a engine based on F110?

The project is still not officially started, so who the project will get is clearly. Kale/RR will win the tender. Ther are a lot of engine projects what need to be done fist by Aksit.

Last edited:

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Only If Mahmut Aksit in charge of the project, it could be possible to develop an engine comparable to f110 standarts in 12 years at best. Cmon guys. If you develop 27000lb of turbofan military engine indigeniously, you could make almost any turbofan, turboprop or turboshaft engine for military applications.

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think Aksit is talking about a engine from scratch, and Dur is talking about a engine based on F110?

The project is still not officially started, so who the project will get is clearly. Kale/RR will win the tender. Ther are a lot of engine projects what need to be done fist by Aksit.
You really don’t get it guys, accept it, we have got scammed :ROFLMAO:

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
with what?
Sarcasm is a non-intrusive(!) way to define a situation when officials use an out-of-context language to further blur the truth!
EDIT: They do no believe in what they say! Noone will trace their words back a decade anyways!

Last edited:

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,820
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Now who do we believe?
No offense, but mate just Think about Time 10+ years...... There are no such person in world which can think plan and KNOW THAT his plan for 10+ years will work and create product......This is BS 100%

You Can have Plan for Vision that we what to go in this direction and we need to mature components like Step 1,2,3..............
Now IF this person HAVE knowledge team and infrastructure and parts to be build according to this team knowledge. Then Normal PLAN is 3-4 years with Slots of unknown Risks . Lets PUT increase this as 5,6 years which is not normal it mean something is missing, unknown a RISK to fail

At end I want to say that this media info said in such way is complete BS

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,861
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Both

Are you sure?
My understating is, they are both talking about indigenously manufactured engines for stealth planes. There is no mention of RR.
We don’t even have an agreement with RR to include them in any future projects.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are you sure?
My understating is, they are both talking about indigenously manufactured engines for stealth planes. There is no mention of RR.
We don’t even have an agreement with RR to include them in any future projects.
TRmotor has not the experience to go it alone like TEI. and even TEI is talking about 12-13 years.

There may not be a contract yet, but I am sure the negotiations - agreement points must be in far stage. Besides RR is not doing this because we have nice eyes, it's in their own interest too since Tempest is next in line for them and they need the engineering experiences too. The "Turkish" engine is a good practice tool for them as well to keep the skills at high level

peers

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Trmotor team officially started working on the MMU engine in 2018 and it has been declared to the media many times that the engine will be ready by 2028. In reality, MMU engine work had started a few years ago within the TAI company. It has been stated in various places that Tei, TRmotor and Kale should work together in the course of the project.

Now who do we believe?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom