TR TF-X KAAN Fighter Jet

tayyare

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mahmut Akşit is the guy who has his in hands the capability to produce the MMU engine.
Mr Dur is in charge of a design bureau.
One gives a 6 year timeline. The other one, 12-13 years.
Now who do we believe?
When you talk about the indigenous MMU engine it is the stealth engine everyone understands. So let us not play on words. The non stealth planes will fly with purchased F110 engine as confirmed by Mr Ismail Demir.
Any other statement that are not fully self explanatory like Mr Aksit’s interview, are to my ears, politically motivate

View attachment 43164

İsmail Demir spoke really nicely, gave some good insight. There is an elephant in the room tho.

View attachment 43165

View attachment 43166

View attachment 43167

Ehh well dunno how to feel abt this one. We've been waiting for months. I thought we would be seeing her late this year. Correct me if I'm wrong...
Mistranslation.

"In terms of seeing a flying jet in 2023, there is Hürjet"

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am really wondering how will our fighter aircraft force structre will look in the future.

So our fleet planing revolved around uisng F35 and MMU as high-lo structre. Because of F35(both we are out of the project and F35 turned out to be expansive aircraft to maintain and operate) that failed. Logical next step creating Hurjet derivative to act as a lo aircraft. We can operate only MMU but MMU also became bigger and possibly expansive to both build and maintain. It won't be like the Eurofighter, Rafale or Gripen. We are developing a powerfull national engine and using that both Hurjet derivative and MMU will be perfect for logistics (Like F16 and F15) and our budget.(We only need to develop one type of engine) It was all looking good considering these developments.

But now it seems that we are siriously developing Hurjet Naval. It must be using two engines since it is for the aircraft carrier, and it must not be too big as well.(Around the size of Rafale or Mig29) Our national F110 engine will be too big for that kind of aircraft so there will be a need for second engine. Will it be F404? Are we try to develop two types of very complex engines? Also how many Hurjet Navals are we going to build? Will it worth it to develop just for 20-25 aircraft?

Well we can use Hurjet Naval for Air Force for replacement for F16. That way the RnD seems to be worth it but there will be another problem, engine. Which engine will Hurjet Naval use? Two F404 seems to be the logical choice but there are no guarantees that we could buy them as we like.(Acquiring engines for trainer aircraft is one thing, acquirening engines for naval and air force fighter is another) We need to develop fighter engines for our use. TEI or TRMotor could develop it but they will be allready working on the MMU engine with all of their resources. When will the Hurjet engine be ready? We can split the projects on both companies but how will that work?

And there is MIUS. Where will it be fit? It seems to be answer for Navy's fighter aircraft problem but we are still developing Hurjet Naval. I guess because we are developing Hurjet Naval, we are not developing Hurjet derivative for Air Force. MIUS can be work as lo aircraft for Air Force but developing Hurjet Naval won't be woth the effort. At this point I am very confused about our planning. Are we figuring out as we go or do we have a plan? I think we had a plan but politics(and ambargoes but we seem to succesfully alternate our plans around that) got in the way and we are adding some unnecessary and inlogical goals to the plan.(Hurjet naval and aircraft carrier)

I just hope we don't bottle the projects we actually need to try to achive the projects that pleases politics.
There are certain projects that are beyond politics;
TFX , Ozgur, Milden, Milgem, National AD projects Hisar and Siper
Are just a few that no political entity will have the power to hinder or stop. Short of signing their political suicide or being framed as traitors, I can not see these or similar projects being put even on back burners by any one.
MIUS is also part of this puzzle. As the future of our air superiority depends on the success of this project, I have all the confidence that we will persevere to make these projects happen and come to fruition.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,283
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
screen-shot-2022-04-26-at-22-40-52-png.43164

That's great, but it means we'll never reach US know-how in many defence industry areas, they namely get their tech from captive aliens in area 51.
We should kidnap some.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Serdar Demirel, Vice President of the Presidency of Defense Industries, said, "Our first fighter aircraft has more advanced features than the F-35s. We will be able to see our aircraft in September."

Last edited:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,848
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Serdar Demirel, Vice President of the Presidency of Defense Industries, said, "Our first fighter aircraft has more advanced features than the F-35s. We will be able to see our aircraft in September."

In which way? (TFX)
Hürjet will be seen in September or TFX ?

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
In which way they are more advanced?
Good question!
Unfortunately our officials have a tendency to word their statements in a way that pleases common man on the street. Hence everything is better than it’s contemporary alternatives.
It would be more understandable and logical if they stated why and how they are going to be better.
For a start our TFX will have twin engines. It will have super-cruise capability and faster top speed. If we can overcome the heating problems of the GaN based Aesa radar Aselsan is developing, it will have a more powerful radar. It’s flight control computer and AI will have much more lines of program data written than the F35. Whether that will have a positive and more advanced impact on the operation of the plane, time will tell.
Most importantly, because we will have the full control over it’s computer systems and source codes, we will be free to integrate any weapon we see fit at no extra cost. Hence from our perspective it will be a much better plane to have for our airforce.
No enemy or adversary will know what the real capabilities of the weapons and the systems that are on the plane. That alone will make it a better plane than the F35 for us.

M

Manomed

Bullshit We don't even have a working prototype how is it better than F35? F35 is a finished product and MMU?

Kedi ulaşamadığı ete mındar dermiş.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,766
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

My TFX-1923 has specs surpassing sanity, but unless it really flies it’s just a dream.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In which way they are more advanced?
I don't know all the ways TFX will be better than F35 but I am sure of one of them that can be seen in the picture below. F35 is the green line and TFX is the red one, the larger the better. The study is a bit dated and newer specs of TFX is supposed to be even better
fighterradar-png.8379

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,848
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Bullshit We don't even have a working prototype how is it better than F35? F35 is a finished product and MMU?

Kedi ulaşamadığı ete mındar dermiş.
As the parameters and specification say so.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,848
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
those guys have been making jet planes for almost a hundred years (since 1941) . I would not advise you to stray from the facts when comparing the f35 and the mmu. f35 flying. mmu is still in its mother's womb. We should put aside jealousy and anger and go about our business.
Over hundred years (WW1).

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,848
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't know all the ways TFX will be better than F35 but I am sure of one of them that can be seen in the picture below. F35 is the green line and TFX is the red one, the larger the better. The study is a bit dated and newer specs of TFX is supposed to be even better
fighterradar-png.8379
Based on what?
What is the blue line?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Based on what?
What is the blue line?
See my previous post. A scientist calculated it and I visualised it.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,058
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
If the TFX is on par with a lot of jets im happy with that but lets be honest.

Americans have been making planes for like 100 years with this you have planes like the F117 Nighthawk, F22, F16, F35, F14 Tomcat, F15, B2 Spirit bomber, B1B Lancer, FA 18 Hornet, F111, A10 Thunderbolt and various other planes.

M

Manomed

Americans have been making planes for like 100 years with you planes like the F117 Nighthawk, F22, F16, F35, F14 Tomcat, F15, B2 Spirit bomber, B1B Lancer, FA 18 Hornet, F111, A10 Thunderbolt and various other planes.
We could have been making these as well If Nuri demirağ's company was still running.

Thanks to adnan menderes again for destroying these

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Americans have been making planes for like 100 years with this you have planes like the F117 Nighthawk, F22, F16, F35, F14 Tomcat, F15, B2 Spirit bomber, B1B Lancer, FA 18 Hornet, F111, A10 Thunderbolt and various other planes.
The latest planes are the best, we can catch up quickly with some good leadership which we have. Our planes are the latest.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom