Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,738
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to TR FM, UK has lifted all export restrictions on defence industry.
This opens up RR deal and eases TFX bottleneck situations. If there were any!
Lol, the export restrictions came after the engine talks fell through. But Brits didn't follow it letter by letter most of the trade continued with some of them denied. Now they are lifting it after the engine deal happened and they made Canada lift its restrictions too.

Brits got big money for the engines of ~500 fighters (250 for TR+250 for export). A single-engine might cost 5 million $ so 1000+ engines will cost 5 billion+ and Brits will continue profiting in the future when we take life cycle costs into the consideration. Big mind games were played by both sides in this process. Finally, a deal was achieved. TR pushed for BMC(AKP businessmen wanted to get a big slice of the juicy pie) the UK wanted to have a good workshare(%50) by getting the contract with TAEC and holding sensitive technology secrets safe for the third countries. In the end, TR managed to get TEI and TRMotor involved via TAI, BMC and Qatar are kicked off from the deal. A more distributed workshare is created between companies(which means RR giving up some of its profits.)

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
So Anıl Şahin just posted a pic of himself, there are two TAI drones in the background. He may have visited TAI recently. It's better to keep a close eye on his twitter.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Read it again. İsmail DEMİR says that words, not a Haber.
I trust him tbh. It should be close to completion, judging by the aerial shots of the facility. But again... It's A Haber. They might even be pressuring him to say certain things you know :d

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Primary sources, videos > any of those twitter accounts, except for only a handful of serious Turkish twitter handles. But for some reason all of them refuse to use sources.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
X-band active electronic scanning radar on the National Combat Aircraft (MMU)
Detection algorithms that will predict the precipitation region and intensity to be used developed and delivered to ASELSAN.

Screenshot_20220414-182441_Office.jpg

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,645
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
At Eskişehir Technical University, a canopy design is being made for Hürjet and MMU with 2D materials such as MXene and graphene. It is also said that material technology can be used in sensors, transistors, supercapacitors, photo detectors, and transistors are developed in these centers.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Temel Kotil:
"We are about to procure the F110 engine from the USA for the MMU but we will have the domestic engine before 2030."

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,897
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Temel Kotil:
"We are about to procure the F110 engine from the USA for the MMU but we will have the domestic engine before 2030."
I would love to be wrong. But we have heard enough from both Mr Kotil and Demir about a lot of “will” , “shall” and “going to”s .
Proof of the pudding is in the eating!
Have we got on record that any of our companies is physically working on a domestic engine? The answer is no! How can anyone be that sure that we will have a domestic 35000lbf class turbofan engine ready to fly the TFX by 2030, when we have not even named a company to produce it?
For which end use is this F110 engine we are about to procure? Prototypes or the first production block? If it is the latter; Then good news. If it is the former; then alarm bells should be ringing. Because we were led to believe that 6 of these engines for prototypes, were already purchased. (Mind you! There were some talk by Prof. Aksit that we were discussing producing both the F404 for Hurjet and F110 for TFX, in house by TEI, under licence.)
If within 11 months our TFX is to roll out and come out of hangar, the F110 engines should be in hand. So I do not understand this statement. The only logical explanation of the F110 procurement statement is that, it has to be for the first production block of MMU.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would love to be wrong. But we have heard enough from both Mr Kotil and Demir about a lot of “will” , “shall” and “going to”s .
Have we got on record that any of our companies is physically working on a domestic engine? The answer is no! How can anyone be that sure that we will have a domestic 35000lbf class turbofan engine ready to fly the TFX by 2030, when we have not even named a company to produce it?
For which end use is this F110 engine we are about to procure? Prototypes or the first production block? If it is the latter; Then good news. If it is the former; then alarm bells should be ringing. Because we were led to believe that 6 of these engines for prototypes, were already purchased. (Mind you! There were some talk by Prof. Aksit that we were discussing producing both the F404 for Hurjet and F110 for TFX, in house by TEI, under licence.)
If within 11 months our TFX is to roll out and come out of hangar, the F110 engines should be in hand. So I do not understand this statement. The only logical explanation of the F110 procurement statement. is that it has to be for the first production block of MMU.
We don't need to know so much detail, it is a military project and we are not part of the board of directors of TAI, I am not.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,897
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
We don't need to know so much detail, it is a military project and we are not part of the board of directors of TAI, I am not.
This is a very petty reply!
With this line of thought; we should not be writing anything whatsoever about defence matters. As everything is a military project we don’t need to know and comment about!
This is nothing to do with knowing state secrets. We are talking and extrapolating on the basis of what these two individuals have been feeding the media; I am sorry to say, so far, it has been very sketchy and misguiding.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If within 11 months our TFX is to roll out and come out of hangar, the F110 engines should be in hand. So I do not understand this statement. The only logical explanation of the F110 procurement statement is that, it has to be for the first production block of MMU.

I don't think we'll have any problems with engines for prototypes. According to the officials, we can even say that the engines were supplied for prototypes. The emphasis in this last statement is related to the fact that a certain part of MMUs will come off the production line with F110 engines once the mass production phase is passed. It is highly probable that the date 2030 given about domestic engine, will be the time period when the prototype engines will be revealed and the tests will be started. If we think that the tests will be difficult when we consider about thrust/weight and supercruise, lower radar signature for nozzle like 5th generation requirements, it is highly likely that this time period will be extended.
If I remember correctly, one of the official said something that "a certain number of TFX will be produced with F110 engines during the mass production phase and this situation will relieve us in terms of domestic engine development" but I have not found the source yet bro

Top Bottom