Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Look what happens !! It would not be logical for them to stay in Turkey. Not just roketsan engineers , every quality engineers are looking to move !
Just check how much percentage of Istanbul lisesi ,one of the popular high schools in Turkey, graduates choose German universities for their university education!! and compare the ratios to 4-5 years ago!!
Yep you will produce jets with İmam Hatip graduates!!
Not just engineers even high school graduates leave country but some brilliant! people say our non existent jet will be better than f-35!! Yep even İran mollas are not that high!!

Are you trying to create a bad perception over a fake tweet that has no truth and has not been confirmed by any officials?

Why do you feel the need to spread the words without ever confirming its truth when the subject is a lie against Turkish companies, while in some projects you are being so selective even in the issues your eyes see ? How can anyone in their right mind believe the nonsense of leaving "thousands" of engineers from Roketsan?

You have spread similar rumors about Aselsan, but no abnormality was encountered in the inbound and outbound engineer traffic statistics, and it was said many times that it was routine from official mouths and Many of the engineers who left have transferred to other existing companies in Turkey.

What I don't understand is why do you feel compelled to attack and spread it so eagerly when there is a lie like this? A few days ago, you sold Aselsan to UAE and Qatar, today you are playing with Roketsan. What is your problem?

@Yasar brother please delete the related post containing nonconfirmed words about Roketsan.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,695
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In which parameters?
I have gone over this again, again, and again. I don't want to repeat myself anymore.

It is clear that TF-X is better than F-35. Its radar is better, electro-optical system(BEOS) is better, its kinematic capability is better. We can go for each and every detail of the subsystems but i don't want to do this. For example, BURFIS is better than AN/APG-81. You can search what BURFIS is and what it does.

The nearest analogy or comparison is TF-X is a stealth F-15EX. F-35 is a stealth and less agile F-16V.

M

Manomed

I have gone over this again, again, and again. I don't want to repeat myself anymore.

It is clear that TF-X is better than F-35. Its radar is better, electro-optical system(BEOS) is better, its kinematic capability is better. We can go for each and every detail of the subsystems but i don't want to do this. For example, BURFIS is better than AN/APG-81. You can search what BURFIS is and what it does.

The nearest analogy or comparison is TF-X is a stealth F-15EX. F-35 is a stealth and less agile F-16V.
It doesn't seem logical talking about it tho When TFX comes out we can start comparing the two.

At this time what do you think about combat model of the hürjet can it take out a Viper? or a F16 Block 50?

Pretty sure Hürjet can take out the Egyptian naked F16s(They use Aim-7s lol) with long range missiles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,848
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Can you compare both systems (radar for example) and show us, in which parameters ours is better? Same goes for BEOS.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,695
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
AN/APG-81 uses GaAs-based old tech. AESA radar of BURFIS suite is GaN-based new tech. AESA radar of BURFIS has a higher energy output compared to AN/APG 81. AN/APG-81 is a standalone radar BURFIS is a completely integrated RF emission control system. It controls everything related to RF signals from a central system this includes radar detection, electronic warfare, electronic support systems, communication systems&datalinks.

EOTS has regular thermal sensors, BEOS will have HD thermal sensors.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,740
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
It doesn't seem logical talking about it tho When TFX comes out we can start comparing the two.

At this time what do you think about combat model of the hürjet can it take out a Viper? or a F16 Block 50?

Pretty sure Hürjet can take out the Egyptian naked F16s(They use Aim-7s lol) with long range missiles.
Let us not be too pedantic by being stuck on the “tense“ the sentence was formed.
@TheInsider is correct in saying TFX to be a better plane of the two. Instead of ”is” , he should have used “will be”.
But that doesn’t change the fact that the TFX is being planned to be a much more developed and improved plane than what f35 is today.
Yes, you can compare the two if you want to. Because you are taking f35 as a point of reference and you are aiming to produce something better than that.
“When finished TFX is going to be a plane that is somewhere in between f22 and f35.“
These are the words of the guy who is the boss of TUSAS.
In fact TFX will have a better Aesa radar than current f22. I don’t think US has any operational fighter planes with GaN based Aesa radar apart from some of the updated Growler version of F/A-18-EF if memory serves.
TFX has got few million more lines in it’s programming too. It will use laser weapons. The list can go on and on.
Of course f35 may get upgrades and improvements. But as it stands the target TFX has aimed for, is indicating a better plane.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,757
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do

U know the gain achieved by US companies in GaN is best in world currently , so no way your radar is anyway near that , not even Chinese are near .

And for EOTS of f 35 a new version in development and was tested recently as a mlu , I hope u understand that a country which is world leader in these tech can't be beaten

Yeah it's single engine , and it's stealth coating is a lot more maintenance intensive but no way it's a f 16v in stealth frame .

I had a chart , if required I may dig more , but it showed the comparative performance of different x band GaN module , and as a matter of fact , india , Japan and some European nations are now at the level of US of 2016 , after a decade ,and nope turkey was not one of them , nowhere near .

U guys needa foundry first , before competition with US
Please refrain from carrying the spiteful language you might've picked up from other forums. If you have questions or doubts ask them in good manner. There are enough knowledgeable people here who can answer your questions. Turning this into a pissing contest doesn't add any value to the discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
No spiteful language used in my post , it's just plain fact , anyone venturing outside of domestic forum interested in aerospace and defense knows that
Please refrain from carrying the spiteful language you might've picked up from other forums. If you have questions or doubts ask them in good manner. There are enough knowledgeable people here who can answer your questions. Turning this into a pissing contest doesn't add any value to the discussion.

M

Manomed

Let us not be too pedantic by being stuck on the “tense“ the sentence was formed.
@TheInsider is correct in saying TFX to be a better plane of the two. Instead of ”is” , he should have used “will be”.
But that doesn’t change the fact that the TFX is being planned to be a much more developed and improved plane than what f35 is today.
Yes, you can compare the two if you want to. Because you are taking f35 as a point of reference and you are aiming to produce something better than that.
“When finished TFX is going to be a plane that is somewhere in between f22 and f35.“
In fact TFX will have a better Aesa radar than current f22. I don’t think US has any operational fighter planes with GaN based Aesa radar apart from some of the updated Growler version of F/A-18-EF if memory serves.
TFX has got few million more lines in it’s programming too. It will use laser weapons. The list can go on and on.
Of course f35 may get upgrades and improvements. But as it stands the target TFX has aimed for, is indicating a better plane.
Boss of tusas says tfx has 2 engines Its better thats not a good argument just playing for the crowd without testings I'll still say it f35>tfx

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,757
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No spiteful language used in my post , it's just plain fact , anyone venturing outside of domestic forum interested in aerospace and defense knows that
The Germans have a saying "der Ton macht die Musik". You're not asking questions. You just barge in, full of opinions and making statements to belittle. That takes out my appetite to make the necessary corrections to your post. Why should i indulge such behavior. You probably have no idea about existing defense products or ongoing projects of Turkish defence industry. Go to "Turkish Sensors and Detector Programs" thread, https://defencehub.live/threads/turkish-sensors-and-detector-programs.340/ , to inform yourself better. After that you might be eligible to comment on Turkish radars or EOTS or any other other system.

Last edited:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,848
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
What do we know about sensor-fusion, RAM, RAM-coatings? What about internal payloads, RCS?....?
We need all the relevant aspects of both fighters to be able to compare both with each other.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,848
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Germans have a saying "der Ton macht die Musik". You're not asking questions. You just barge in, full of opinions and making statements to belittle. That takes out my appetite to make the necessary corrections to your post. Why should i indulge such behavior. You probably have no idea about existing defense products or ongoing projects of Turkish defence industry. Go to "Turkish Sensors and Detector Programs" thread, https://defencehub.live/threads/turkish-sensors-and-detector-programs.340/ , to inform yourself better. After that you might be eligible to comment on Turkish radars or EOTS or any other other system.
Germans have one more saying. “Es kann nicht sein, was nicht sein darf.” Thats a message to Lonewolf.

E

Era_shield

Instead of ”is” , he should have used “will be”.

He originally did, twice. Eventually the 2 trolls achieved their goal and derailed the conversation.

Anyway, a few things to keep in mind about the F-35:

It was designed in the 1990s.

It was designed to not have restricted technology in it so that it could be sold to US allied nations. The F-22, whose design is even older, still is not allowed to be exported to any country.

It was designed to be cheap. Part of this was having a single airplane with minor changes perform the roles of 3 different services (Air Force, Navy, Marines). As a result, it doesn't excel at any role.

The TFX doesn't have these limitations.

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Read most of them already , and my comparison is based on the level of tech achieved , most of post are general article with not much technical info , and others go into much detail , so I have to rely on sources which are credible .

If Turkish radar and EOTS are going to be better than f 35 and f22 , then where is your foundry ? Answer to that is you don't have , and it's not mocking but a common fact , as a GaN foundry without economy of scale is useless .

Second if u import MMIC for your radar or you design your chips and asks fabricator to manufacture them for you , then why haven't your specs of x band GaN MMIC don't even come into comparison among top 10 ????

Rest about EOTS , so the sensor chips for EOTS require fab foundry and u don't have that either , and again as u might take it as offensive , it's logical to not go for foundry with a small economy and no background in advanced fab .
Back to point , what are the basis of development of a EOTS when u don't have dual band seeker developed yet , it's the basis for that , leave alone being able to make best EOTS .

And though you might say that in future you will make huge technological jumps , but that requires a strong economy and a whole ecosystem which is backed up by that economy .

Let me make it more respectful for you , please could you care to reply with infographic regarding your Vivaldi antenna array unit for starters , as a wide band GaN radar being best in world won't use planar slotted array .

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Germans have one more saying. “Es kann nicht sein, was nicht sein darf.” Thats a message to Lonewolf.
Well i am not much into German saying ,but Google translate helps a bit , and u are quite right .

Technology isn't gonna stay the same till the tfx arrive and as a matter of fact , f 35 will also be upgraded regularly so the f 35 we see today and what it will be 10 yrs down the line won't be same , and here we are talking of America , who spends inconsiderately on defence .

They already have working program to replace DAS and EOTS , a friend of mine said that reports suggest that a GaN variant radar is already in use on some f 35 .

And I have followed Turkish defence and one hard fact is that you can't achieve same technological level with less than half the spending

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well i am not much into German saying ,but Google translate helps a bit , and u are quite right .

Technology isn't gonna stay the same till the tfx arrive and as a matter of fact , f 35 will also be upgraded regularly so the f 35 we see today and what it will be 10 yrs down the line won't be same , and here we are talking of America , who spends inconsiderately on defence .

They already have working program to replace DAS and EOTS , a friend of mine said that reports suggest that a GaN variant radar is already in use on some f 35 .

And I have followed Turkish defence and one hard fact is that you can't achieve same technological level with less than half the spending
India spends 5% of the spending to go to space.

BTT34

Reactions
1 43
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Read most of them already , and my comparison is based on the level of tech achieved , most of post are general article with not much technical info , and others go into much detail , so I have to rely on sources which are credible .

If Turkish radar and EOTS are going to be better than f 35 and f22 , then where is your foundry ? Answer to that is you don't have , and it's not mocking but a common fact , as a GaN foundry without economy of scale is useless .

Second if u import MMIC for your radar or you design your chips and asks fabricator to manufacture them for you , then why haven't your specs of x band GaN MMIC don't even come into comparison among top 10 ????

Rest about EOTS , so the sensor chips for EOTS require fab foundry and u don't have that either , and again as u might take it as offensive , it's logical to not go for foundry with a small economy and no background in advanced fab .
Back to point , what are the basis of development of a EOTS when u don't have dual band seeker developed yet , it's the basis for that , leave alone being able to make best EOTS .

And though you might say that in future you will make huge technological jumps , but that requires a strong economy and a whole ecosystem which is backed up by that economy .

Let me make it more respectful for you , please could you care to reply with infographic regarding your Vivaldi antenna array unit for starters , as a wide band GaN radar being best in world won't use planar slotted array .
ODTU MEMS, YİTAL, ABMikroNano, NANOTAM etc:Am I joke to you?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom