Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Who could it potentially be, what do you think?
I'm guessing SA is one of the candidates. MMU's initial pictures got released not long after the Saudi delegation's visit to Turkey. Pakistan is also a potential candidate, however with the current F-110's on the aircraft (or initial mass production variants), the probability of that partnership flourishing looks grim. Certain Asian countries could be on TAI's list. Countries like Azerbaijan might be on the list as well, however I don't really know what they would bring to the program apart from further funding.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,733
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
A foreign country has requested to join the TF-X program!

Agreements will be signed if all goes well.
Hope that it isnt Pakistan tbh since we dont get stuff from them; Moreover, whoever is gonna be a partner, must be no more than a financial one since that means they may gain info that Turkey suffered decades worth of embargoes for for a few bucks

All in all, my money is on Azerbaijan, Malaysia, KSA, UAE, or Qatar since they are the only ones with unlimited funding to enter such a project

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if they'll build a new factory for MMU. With so many programs reaching maturity, they're going to be really busy.

NitricAcid

Reactions
2 751
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
In the statement made by Kotil:
“There are demands. They also have engineers working with us. But it's a government-to-government (G2G) deal that needs to be made. There is no agreement announced by the state at this time.”

According to the statement made by Temel Kotil:
The engineers of the country who want to participate in the National Combat Aircraft Program are currently working on TAI projects.
This brings to mind countries such as Pakistan, Malaysia and Indonesia, which have close relations with TAI and have aviation industries.

Source : https://www.savunmasanayist.com/milli-muharip-ucaka-yurt-disindan-ilk-talep-geldi/

Last edited:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,468
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

A total of 4 prototypes will be produced from Hürjet
Production continues on the prototype line that will fly on March 18

TAI Infrastructure Investments

150 million dollars of testing and infrastructure investment was made in 5 years
Thanks to these investments, the calendar for HÜRJET and MMU was brought forward.
There is a computer infrastructure with a total of 70 thousand cores (1 x 50 thousand 2 x 10 thousand cores)

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,118
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

A total of 4 prototypes will be produced from Hürjet
Production continues on the prototype line that will fly on March 18

TAI Infrastructure Investments

150 million dollars of testing and infrastructure investment was made in 5 years
Thanks to these investments, the calendar for HÜRJET and MMU was brought forward.
There is a computer infrastructure with a total of 70 thousand cores (1 x 50 thousand 2 x 10 thousand cores)

TAI needs to start transitioning their investments from world-class development and testing infrastructure to world-class production infrastructure. With so many projects reaching maturity and serial production, they can hardly have enough manufacturing capacity.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,090
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the statement made by Kotil:
“There are demands. They also have engineers working with us. But it's a government-to-government (G2G) deal that needs to be made. There is no agreement announced by the state at this time.”

Source : https://www.savunmasanayist.com/milli-muharip-ucaka-yurt-disindan-ilk-talep-geldi/

Malaysia, Pakistan, Indonesia since TAI has an office there? But Indonesia already has the KF-X.
Brazil because of the Brazilian companies' involvement?

Regardless: A customer is always more than welcome, a development partner might be a bit late, but who am I to judge.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,774
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is meant by partner country is a 40*60cm flag embroidered on the canopy for a fee. So the idea is to make the development costs free, for SSB.

Countries that purchase the 'developer package' (lol) will receive their aircrafts at more advantageous prices and with an earlier schedule. Their infrastructure will also be ready sooner. (They will also receive a smiling Temel Kotil face coffee mug.)

Involving in the project at this stage will bring unique advantages to user countries. This even includes variant customizations. In the second stage, these countries can also attract some of this industry to their countries as offsets. But in a project that is progressing in the context of urgent need, there is no going back to the conceptual basis.

The project schedule is progressing according to the requirements of the Turkish Air Force. There is not the slightest change that will slow down the project. At least until the project reaches the FOC, I think that it is not possible to change the technical infrastructure, participating companies and procurement plans.

Last edited:

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Guys everyone should be more careful
1673446683786.png

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is meant by partner country is a 40*60cm flag embroidered on the canopy for a fee. So the idea is to make the development costs free, for SSB.

Countries that purchase the 'developer package' (lol) will receive their aircrafts at more advantageous prices and with an earlier schedule. Their infrastructure will also be ready sooner. (They will also receive a smiling Temel Kotil face coffee mug.)

The project schedule is progressing according to the requirements of the Turkish Air Force. There is not the slightest change that will slow down the project. At least until the project reaches the FOC, I think that it is not possible to change the technical infrastructure, participating companies and procurement plans.
As always, you're right, bro. However, I'd like to make a complementing remark.

Even though the design phase has been completed so far, any partner getting involved at this stage is still going to benefit immensely from the program.

We're still in the beginning and some incremental changes are bound to happen. For instance, when we get our hands on a new engine, the plane is going to be redesigned at least partially. There are other long-term implications, too. A partner would almost always acquire significant technological resources along the way. This is undeniable.

So, from an outsiders perspective, it makes perfectly sense to join the project now that we've proved ourselves in many ways.

I just hope that we're getting someone as a partner who's leverage in Washington and New York.

Hayırlısı.

Last edited:

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,488
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
The first F404 is on its way and will be delivered in a couple of days for the Hürjet prototype, as stated by Tolga Özbek here:

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
F110 engines are expected to be used in the first 2 TFX MMU fleets. Afterwards, it is aimed to switch to the domestic engines.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,420
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
As always, you're right, bro. However, I'd like to make a complementing remark.

Even though the design phase has been completed so far, any partner getting involved in this stage is still going to benefit immensely from the program.

We're still in the beginning and some incremental changes are bound to happen. For instance, when we get our hands on a new engine, the plane is going to be redesigned at least partially. There are other long-term implications, too. A partner would almost always acquire significant technological resources along the way. This is undeniable.

So, from an outsiders perspective, it makes perfectly sense to join the project now that we've proved ourselves in many ways.

I just hope that we're getting someone as a partner who's leverage in Washington and New York.

Hayırlısı.
I believe, Qatar, Malaysia and Kazakhstan could be valuable financial partners.
But for others than these, chances are slim to contribute any meaningful way to TFX program.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom