Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,814
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
If people are still interested in the current state of the TF-X and Hürjet programs...

-Hürjet has been taken off the assembly line. It currently sits next to her mock-up. The aircraft is largely complete, with avionics and system integration activities ongoing. Unsurprisingly, the aircraft sits on her landing gears but is also assisted with jacks. The aircraft, systems wise (will be explained), is currently at a more advanced level that the MMU. As a result there are a lot of exposed wires. Engines will arrive soon.

-TF-X is more or less at a similar state. They frequently dismount the avionics, the dashboard and the canopy. The twin vertical stabilizers were also taken off. There aren't a lot of wires hanging off the aircraft. The reason as to why this is the case is simple. TAI is aiming to fly a technology demonstrator, instead of a platform that will evolve into a mass production aircraft in a short time like the Hürjet. The aircraft's performance profile will be limited, considering critical test infrastructure is not yet ready. Just because the aircraft can pull 9G's, doesn't mean it will pull 9G's. So don't expect fancy loops just yet. But don't let the tech demonstrator fool you either... I still firmly believe the TF-X that we will get in a couple of years, won't be too different from the TF-X we have today.

Mate thank you for detail info.
But please keep in mind that you must Think before providing such detail information out of kitchen.

Sometimes people have to be more humbly in information. :censored:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Mate thank you for detail info.
But please keep in mind that you must Think before providing such detail information out of kitchen.

Sometimes people have to be more humbly in information. :censored:
Left most bits out. Said what I was allowed to. But thanks for the heads up regardless.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,814
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
The progress and what we saw so far looks really promising and i cant wait to see the first take off yet i am a little bit concerned about the pace of the project.
They are rushing it too much imo, pushing the engineers to their limits is a dangerous game that could have bad consequences and all this for a uneccesarily fast schedule.

Some argue with urgency of the project but rushing it makes no sense for two reasons:
-There is no imadiate threat of war where we would need a 5th gen fighter.
-The only adversaries where we need 5th gen fighters would be from western sphere.

Now you will ask why it makes no sense to rush it if lets say Greece has better fighters in forseeable future, well the first engines will be American made which means these will get sanctioned imadiately in case of a war with Greece or any other western country.
Rushing the Prototype this much just bears unnecessary risks as long as there is no national engine for the plane, i would prefer a more relaxed schedule where the engineers have enough time to figure out problems and fix them instead of being in rush and overlook them.

I agree with "the pushing the engineers to their limits is a dangerous game" this.

But I got feeling from recent videos from Mr.Kotil and others. That is other way around "Our engineers have motivation (I think there are people which are so proud with big hearts + skills + knowledge + Will ) which drives to push it".
It is hard work which really show that they DOING IT. You can NOT stop it

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I agree with "the pushing the engineers to their limits is a dangerous game" this.

But I got feeling from recent videos from Mr.Kotil and others. That is other way around "Our engineers have motivation (I think there are people which are so proud with big hearts + skills + knowledge + Will ) which drives to push it".
I really hope thats the case.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,336
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
If you look to document video of F35 or F22, you will see that American engineers worked the same and it ended well. If you work like Eu countries then you are faked up but like Americans then you will end with a good product. Hard work is the keyword.

JSF program was in 24 months 2 flying prototype, so Tfx is not impossible.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,293
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
JSF program was in 24 months 2 flying prototype, so Tfx is not impossible.
We're talking about Lockheed Martin a behemoth in aviation heading a consortium of giants including Northrop Grumman and BAE Systems on one hand,
and Turkish Aerospace, a company which has never built a fighter before and just recently started to fly its own UAVs and propeller trainer prototypes on the other.

It's not impossible but if TAI pulls this off, it will be a 1000 times more impressive than the JSF.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,336
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
We're talking about Lockheed Martin a behemoth in aviation heading a consortium of giants including Northrop Grumman and BAE Systems on one hand,
and Turkish Aerospace, a company which has never built a fighter before and just recently started to fly its own UAVs and propeller trainer prototypes on the other.

It's not impossible but if TAI pulls this off, it will be a 1000 times more impressive than the JSF.

Thats not correct, TFX started in 2018 why would it not possible? If LM can do it in 2 years why would we not able to make it in 5 years? We have the knowhow, you can not compare things of 20 years ago with now.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,293
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thats not correct, TFX started in 2018 why would it not possible? If LM can do it in 2 years why would we not able to make it in 5 years? We have the knowhow, you can not compare things of 20 years ago with now.
Read my post again.

fire starter

Reactions
3 435
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India

If that was the logic, Vietnam would have become a world power after war. Emotions don't make up anything. No amount of sweat or emotions can do anything.

Total budget, R&D, experience matter

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,527
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If they can use the two months to the roll out wisely they may even be able to do a taxi round on the tarmac, I don't see why not.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hey, @MADDOG do you know anything about the ejection seat of MMU for the time of roll-out? TUSAŞ said that they sent the cockpit model to Martin-Baker, and obviously, they will make some tests there. So, will there be an ejection seat, or is there something else just for roll-out?

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Hey, @MADDOG do you know anything about the ejection seat of MMU for the time of roll-out? TUSAŞ said that they sent the cockpit model to Martin-Baker, and obviously, they will make some tests there. So, will there be an ejection seat, or is there something else just for roll-out?
I would assume the ejection seat to be present during rollout.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom