Committed member
Reactions
1 220
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Think with logic,this cant be true.
Pakistan can/will get the first KAAN after 2032/33,thats almost 10 years.
You think our TF35K engine is not ready in 10 years?
So,this tweet is big bs.
It can't be ready in 2028 lets not kid ourselves, First of all we need to see TF6000 first for a country that didn't made any jet engines saying YEAH YEAH THE NATIONAL ENGINE WILL BE READY IN 2028 is playing to the crowds.

Also on paper this engine is better than F22s engine that also makes me laughs with zero engine experience there is no way we can get this TF35K in 2028

I know I will be called traitor by some here

Maximilien Robespierre

Committed member
Reactions
1 220
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How many KAAN would Pakistan want? I know that Pakistan is broke and is somewhat under the control of China, but how would Chinese engines end up in KAAN? Would China pay TAI to integrate them (perhaps by lending Pakistan the money to pay TAI)? Assuming Turkiye comes up with an indigenous engine in the next ten years, I don't see any states other than those indebted to China buying a KAAN version with Chinese engines.
Pakistan is too poor to buy KAAN, even If we sell em kaan that would end up in the hands of chinese

karakova

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It can't be ready in 2028 lets not kid ourselves, First of all we need to see TF6000 first for a country that didn't made any jet engines saying YEAH YEAH THE NATIONAL ENGINE WILL BE READY IN 2028 is playing to the crowds.

Also on paper this engine is better than F22s engine that also makes me laughs with zero engine experience there is no way we can get this TF35K in 2028

I know I will be called traitor by some here
You don't understand.....MMU will get TF35K in 2028 but there will be tests that will last for many years.

Turkey is not start from zero, especially for F110

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
AFAIK, there isn't much Ivchenko team left. Their knowledge on new gen tech is also very questionable. I am %100 sure that TEI alone can make a competent engine without IVP.

moz68k

Reactions
18 579
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I had a chat with the TEI and TRMotor folks way back at Ankara Teknofest. I asked one engineer at TRMotor about rumors on assistance from IVP for the APUs, and they weren't shy to admit that they indeed had. As for TEI, and this came up organically when talking about the TF10k, one engineer said something along the lines of "getting the best from the east and the west" in terms of engine tech. I didn't prod further, but I suspect there is substantial cooperation with IVP.

Last edited:

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Those last images that came up point to the opposite.
If a) the Ukrainians have engineers who are experienced and competent in the problems of turbofan engines, and b) if the Ukrainians come up with plans for a 35000 lb turbofan engine from the time of the Soviet Union, then OK for me.

We first modify the Ukrainians' turbofan engine plans according to the technology we have, and then have them calculated on supercomputers using 21st century engineering software. If it gives the desired performance, then we start production phase. In this way, the design process can be shortened considerably.

If so, the TF-10000 must have been designed based on a scaled version of these plans. Because TEI CEO Dr. Mahmut Faruk Akşit had hinted that the TF-35000 engine would be an enlarged version of the TF-10000 engine.

Last edited:

Maximilien Robespierre

Committed member
Reactions
1 220
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TUSAŞ General Manager Temel KOTİL spoke about the latest situation in the construction phase of KAAN.
🔹Kaan is 100 percent local and national.
🔹KAAN will change the Turkish Century. All its tests are being done now and it will fly soon.
🔹TR Engine promised us that it will provide KAAN's engine and fly in 2028.

First and third ones seem political and play for the uneducated masses

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
TUSAŞ General Manager Temel KOTİL spoke about the latest situation in the construction phase of KAAN.
🔹Kaan is 100 percent local and national.
🔹KAAN will change the Turkish Century. All its tests are being done now and it will fly soon.
🔹TR Engine promised us that it will provide KAAN's engine and fly in 2028.

First and third ones seem political and play for the uneducated masses
Calling it 100% local is a pretty obvious lie, unless he meant it as in we are building it here which is true. I mean, without going into other components, we don't even make the ejection seat our pilots are going to sit on, it is kinda hard to call it 100% local and national in that aspect.

I also don't think TF-35000 will be ready to fly by 2028. It is almost 2024 and TF-6000 still hasn't started yet, that leaves more or less 4 years to fire it up, iron out the kinks, build TF-10000, fire that up, iron out its kinks, then start building TF-35000 and do the whole process again for it before installing it on Kaan and letting it fly. It is simply unrealistic, it took Pratt & Whitney longer to get F119 ready to fly, after over 10 years of development as well iirc. Hell, even F135 engine took longer and it was built on F119, it's initial development was started way before that as well.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Forward looking statements; in 2028, when comes the time Kaan will fly with Turkish made engine and Turkish made ejection seat and control stick and all. All custom parts will be locally made. Some COTS parts may still remain. This means 100% self reliant and no strings attached. This is the goal, god willing we pull this off by end of 2028. After this configuration is achieved we keep maturing the product until we think it's ripe for relying on it and make them many.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do we even have any projects going on for an ejection seat?
Initially they were not planning to make them but in their later statements Mr Kotil said they will. We can make them as there are already products that we can inspire from. Not making them would be out of courtesy, but courtesy is for the courteus. When you go all the way to make such a plane leaving one part out would be stupid. An American can rely on the British but a Turk can not.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkishfacts4u posts some interesting stuff.

Too bad most of it is bullshit.

Maximilien Robespierre

Committed member
Reactions
1 220
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Forward looking statements; in 2028, when comes the time Kaan will fly with Turkish made engine and Turkish made ejection seat and control stick and all. All custom parts will be locally made. Some COTS parts may still remain. This means 100% self reliant and no strings attached. This is the goal, god willing we pull this off by end of 2028. After this configuration is achieved we keep maturing the product until we think it's ripe for relying on it and make them many.
keep dreaming buddy

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom