Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

December 14, 2022: Bayraktar KIZILELMA first flight
April 25, 2023: HÜRJET first flight
October 27, 2023: Bayraktar TB3 first flight
December 28, 2023: ANKA-III first flight
February 21, 2024: KAAN first flight

Sometimes in the heat of the moment we don't fully understand the situation. The record of Turkish defense aviation in the last 2 years. There are at most a few countries in the world that have a similar diversity of projects and produce such successful programs. They are either superpowers or world-wide technology powerhouse countries. Sometimes even we underestimate the potential of our country. However, our preparations, which have been going on for decades with great sacrifices and great struggles, have now started to yield results.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
It has become a TAI classic to allow amateur footage to circulate first. We will probably waiting for hours the official release, just like other maiden flights.
It's 2024 mate, everyone has a camera in their pocket and this is an iconic moment that'll be remembered for years to come. There is no way to prevent a leak about this moment.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,377
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
For comparison

1708506521832.jpeg

1708506504334.jpeg

No Name

Reactions
5 310
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
It's 2024 mate, everyone has a camera in their pocket and this is an iconic moment that'll be remembered for years to come. There is no way to prevent a leak about this moment.
You can hear them getting told that recording is not allowed in the video of the landing; it is infuriating that they not only ignored orders but also posted that online.

I get that they are excited and want to share this moment with everyone (after all this is a big and amazing thing), but they need to follow orders and maintain security protocols.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Piece of art! Congratulations to Turkiye, a wonderful achievement that I have been waiting for, such a long time. I'm pleased to see the bird flying, it's more than a platform. It has a much deeper meaning and will play a vital role for the non-Western world in getting access to such an advanced fighter jet, as well as securing their own interest, and security. Hopefully, the platform will be here to serve the oppressed, against the oppressors.

Chocopie

Contributor
South Korea Correspondent
Reactions
33 1,924
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
You can hear them getting told that recording is not allowed in the video of the landing; it is infuriating that they not only ignored orders but also posted that online.

I get that they are excited and want to share this moment with everyone (after all this is a big and amazing thing), but they need to follow orders and maintain security protocols.
I‘ve witnessed Turkish drivers in Istanbul. They follow their own rules 😂

Iskander

Committed member
Azerbaijan Correspondent
Reactions
9 523
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
It has become a TAI classic to allow amateur footage to circulate first. We will probably waiting for hours the official release, just like other maiden flights.
While we wait, nothing will happen to us. We will wait for the official video of the first flight of KAAN. This anticipation is sweet. Congratulations to the entire Turkic world!

Ahlatshah

Reactions
7 223
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I looked at this photo and cried a little bit. So many things went through my mind, so many things I had planned to write when the first flight took place. But I know that we all already have the same feelings in our hearts, the same pride, the same mood of feeling that we have overcome our misfortune. Words are not enough. A few thousand heroic Turkish sons are changing the destiny of their nation.
These words has melt my heart. As a former aviation employee and now an academician, I only add that it is such an important and historic breakthrough, I am of course Muslim but by no means a religious man, I took a wow 5 years ago for its maiden flight and dedicated an offering (adak) to hand out poorers if I see her in the air.

Now it is time to honor my agreement with the God.

Expect your prayers...

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom