Breaking News Trump protesters clashing with US capitol police

Melkor

Reactions
1 243
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
And please, at this point Turkey is acting less like a NATO ally than even Saudi Arabia or Indonesia or something is. And those countries aren't even NATO members.

What NATO ally will arm themselves with Russian weaponry when it could risk the giving Russia the secrets of a weapon system that will be the ace card a lot of other NATO members will use in the future?

What NATO ally gets more angry that France becomes a bit harsher to extremist elements of islam in their own country (not islam as a whole mind you) than the fact that citizens of their fellow NATO ally just got murdered by extremist islamic terrorists (which also means that technically a fellow NATO country was under attack by terrorism)?

From the perspective of a lot of EU countries (which constitutes a huge chunk of NATO) Turkey hasn't really been acting like an ally under Erdogan. Ally in name only.
Sorry but this is misleading and typical of a “We westerners matter more” attitude. You gave our Bosnian friend a pretty serious lecture about better understanding US left v right. I suggest you do the same when it comes to Western treatment of Turkey and get off your high horse.

Last edited:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,741
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Off topic posts moved to relevant thread!

Brothers some of the conversations are getting off topic. Please stay within the lines of the thread and discuss other issues in the relevant threads. Thank you!

Sycarion

Reactions
I would first read a specific reply for context on my position overall before you read rest of my post here:

You seem a nice person (@paula1963 and others too), you approach this from a good faith point of view I can tell.... and it would take too long for me to respond to each point you make in detail that I once used to do (though I share and sympathise with a good number of them).

It all feels like steps I have to retrace for umpteenth time in some big circles....so let me tell you what I see from the tree I have long since climbed due to weariness/wariness on the ground...scars to show for it, many from friends even.

I come at this these days from a bigger (increasingly anti-politics) picture.

I am firmly anti-politics now but I studied/study it very closely (along with human psychology increasingly as this is very tied to it).

Just like I am anti-war but I study that subject (war) very closely too. Humans love this stuff and I have to live with seeking out the largest full picture as possible so I may survive them as best I can, and they may also survive me.

In this instance part of the bigger picture (in immediate time context) involves the drastic change in obama's approach in 2012 compared to 2008 and the precedent it set for particular vein in democrat hypocrisy right now...given the immense role as I see it in bringing about Trump winning in 2016.

I am a "right-winger" so I have various bias baked into me, let me just put that out there (though it would take a long long post to explain all my similarities and differences with the "mainstream" American right, political compass test definitely cannot do it).

But none of it excuses any of the garbage tendencies/elements that have been and/or are part of the right (esp "alt-right") now. Those are splattered all across world media daily. I feel it isn't so much the case for the equivalents I see from the left, but that is my subjective opinion.

In any case I can go on an anti-Trump and/or anti-republican rant too like I have before, it just needs the proper moment. His behaviour over the last couple months has been especially egregious.

But the thing is when I go after Trump or any politician or leader or public figure, I am punching up in power chain...I am just a nobody. What i HATE is when politicians and people with power punch down (on nameless public) like I am seeing all the time now (well before and past Trump)...all to turn some other nameless public against them on some issue....more than they were naturally inclined previously.

For most part my reply was to @VCheng more specifically, we go way back...he knows where I come from and I know where he comes from broadly...so I tend to air out specifics without much context (that I would usually provide to audience) when I answer him and others I know like him...because its a bit like an old friend, you dont have to say the quiet part out loud etc...because they already know.

==============================

But moving on (might as well flesh out my anti-political context as I see it), I value honesty and credibility (based on action on well reasoned logical principles). That is literally the only thing I care about now, Left vs Right is a politician game to divide voters for their advantage in bargaining strength. This is why I am big fan of folks like Jimmy Dore ( hardened but very consistent, truthful lefty) for example.

But beyond foul political winds and interpretations (past and present), I would say conservatism and progressivism needs to be studied across the whole gamut of a country's history (in this case the USA) to be put things into proper perspective.

The democrats/progressives through the history of the US since their formation + consolidation under Andrew Jackson have always valued harnessing swift change/action....sometimes quite impulsively and recklessly.

They have always thus aligned their populism generally with the easiest reliable working class votes throughout history.

The republicans/conservatives likewise look to the solid establishment and the constitution. i.e a more rooted approach. These days identified with "country club" approach and/or more "social" conservatism....they are also capable of doing this quite recklessly from stick-in-the-mud/snob standpoint.

Elements of this are all found before Andrew Jackson, the war of 1812, the federalist papers (and constitution).... to the very declaration of and American war of independence (and the arguments before during and after it on how to balance rooted power with heady passion).

Things first came to a real head in the civil war. Someone asked earlier when the United States were united. It really was in that war (as we understand the country today) for a number of reasons.

It was the war that changed the parlance from "These" United States to "The" United States.

A very long subject to get into sufficient depth to describe (regarding the specifics of what I am talking about)... so I won't but here's a nice piece of music that captures the emotions of the time:

You will note the president that preserved the union at that juncture was a Republican...and the near entirety of the enfranchised South was Democrat (before and after)

You reference the KKK in your reply, a populist movement of its era (after reconstruction spectacularly was abandoned after the Grant presidency and jim crow ushered in)...especially during the 1920's.

It gained its maximum (2nd) ascendancy during and after the Woodrow Wilson (Democrat) presidency. The 1st one (Bedford and gang) was put down brutally by Grant (Union general + Republican) when he was president a long time before it. Hard to believe today but for long time blacks were a solid+staunch republican voting base (where they were not disenfranchised by Jim Crow). Read up on Frederick Douglas for example.

Back to my point, he (W. Wilson) was a noted progressive of his era you can still read the newspaper archives about (describing him as such).

In fact even the modern day era he is often championed on a number of things for being "progressive".

His idea (of which you can read at length) of what the constitution + institutions were though was properly abominable (IMO) as they conflicted with his desire to see expanded executive power.

I think most can see the danger of this concept...seeing how it would be abused just a couple decades later in another country (in Europe) for a totalitarian takeover.

He (Wilson) was after all a president that "progressively" screened "The birth of a nation" right there in the white house...and deeply appreciated its racist message...for he simply saw where the power of its time lay (and it is why jim crow continued far longer than it needed to)

I can go on at length about this phenomenon next covering the great depression, WW2, cold war right up to my living memory starting in the 90s. I can cover the bad policies of FDR and LBJ regarding this same phenomenon. One must read all perspectives of the story and gather the evidence to understand it well.

Suffice to say (IMO), at their raw forms, the democrats are who charge and harness populism/sentiment for more charging/change for the sake of it (whether good or bad) and the republicans lean toward traditional resilience and stoic rigidness (whether good or bad).

The phenomenon on many issues is thus the democrats use A to get to B to get to C...and they would rather you forget about the A and B...because C is the most important thing now (even if it conflicts with the ideology they promoted with A to cultivate A reliably at the polling booth back then)

Thus when long-abandoned (or taken for granted) and chastised A eventually seek political representation with the republicans...the democrats are reminded deep down of what their ideology (to court A) once was (or still is)....even if A has long changed, reformed and adapted themselves in other ways and are completely new set of people (but still carrying some old identity markers).

This is why you cannot look at Trump (or anyone political really) in isolation. With him there is a democrat story in the immediate political realm preceding it (I can explore the Obama era at detail regarding this, but its long topic)

Plus his own raw-populist tendency that democrats traditionally harnessed (just the populace they harness changes from era to era) and thus which upsets them (they prefer to dish it out but not take it back) and the establishment/media at large.

They (dems) are after all the standard bearers of progressivism, they will set the definition for it (in current immediate memory/culture) and not anyone else.

The republicans likewise are the standard bearers of conservatism, they will set the definition for it and not anyone else.

In essence progressivism is the populism that is in vogue with the current crop/era of democrats...w.r.t US.

Conservatism is likewise the constitutionalism/stoicism that is in vogue with the current crop/era of republicans.

This is how the democrats pick and choose what they dump on the republicans history wise to be on the "correct side of history" today.

They keep moving/trailblazing (to expand the concept of democratic populist power at any cost), republicans keep picking up the pieces to stitch it into their existing notion of preserving the republic at any cost. Centrists/moderates traditionally act as bridges for each side.

It is all very much reflected in their party names (that again people often just think are names rather than explore the ideology underneath both historically).

They are very much the pitcher/trend-setter, and the republicans the receiver/follower.

What can I say about me w.r.t that? I guess I have an inclination to that which is old rather than new (w.r.t politics)...but to only some degree as I like to hear the argument/debate for both with all the evidence, morality and reasoning possible.

This is all precisely why you get a pete seeger song I referenced in earlier reply "Which Side are you on?" being sung among a democratic-action vein of its time (against the country club/corporate/oligarch coal mine), but in a region of Kentucky (Harlan county* as stated in song still there to see today on map) that is ironically HEAVILY GOP/conservative today.

They are literal example of people (ancestors of today's people there) that once fought for unions and working class liveable wage in one era, but long abandoned to republicans to pick up because they are too "socially conservative" for democrats to handle given new groups they have moved onto (given they have long moved onto new identity politics to exploit for votes)

Trump was/is (IMO) a pent up release of many folks on the conservative side that were fed up of this (and all disturbia variant with accrued flotsam and jetsam in modern post cold war era).

He was what the democrats were doing to them (over a long time), except he could do it to the democrats in far shorter time....given he is cut from the same populist cloth as them (just arguably more raw) but has no wash DC nicety and elitist upbringing/buddy-buddy within that confine.

This is why it felt off-putting to so many, the wires were getting crossed from the neater, simpler arrangement of before (esp for political class). It is also why he endeared to many outside the political system (many were not traditional republican base either) and were sick of it.

But past all of it, the long term lying by the political class w.r.t the foreign wars and debt creation symptoms was getting intolerable on the ground.

So for many, Trump felt good payback (even if they didn't care for him or even hated him personally), thats the gist of it.

Everything else good or bad is simply good or bad. No side (in well founded and entrenched democratic republic) has any real greater share of either...it is just who can control info flow and context better to the population. Democrats have made the most headway on it since the Reagan era ended for a number of reasons (IMO).

If you or anyone understand this, you essentially can understand half of what American politics (and politics in general) is at its core....and why things are seemingly pulling apart now there (and elsewhere).

There (IMO) needs to be another grounding on civic nationalist centrism (and not one forced by old school defined existential threat like what USSR managed to do during cold war). But its all much easier said than done now given the zero-sum investment into narratives by all.

Given what has been said, twisted and distorted in various degrees, it would need the rational undoing of that by all sides. Very hard to do.

But doubling down all-in finger point blame toxicity is far easier, and far more conducive to todays supercharged hypercharged "smaller" + "louder" world.

It seems both are resigned to it, but one (dems) know how to manipulate it far better to get their side of the story as the default one in the overton window they pitch and set with far more relative ease.

To get the other side of the story is generally not easy given the volume and seeming chaos now.

Even the mere ability to entertain a thought but not share it (the very definition of an elevated mind), once taken for granted before.... is something receding further and further among too many these days I feel.

A real pity but maybe an inevitable cyclical constant for humankind at large.

Anyway I hope you continue to read what I write on other stuff (dunno if its just here or you followed on PDF), please give a thumbs up on those so I know you like them. I hope I have explained my position on politics a bit better for you.

Politics stuff I often just agree to disagree lately. Its not worth getting into it too much. I just air some thoughts out I have (I am not portraying them as some absolute objective truth just so no one gets the wrong idea)

It is merely all take it or leave it (I never try to get anyone to agree with me, much less everyone)...and if anyone wants to, they can debate it + correct me (but I myself have personally lost interest in it mostly, esp the details).

It is just my perspective and opinion in the end after all (At this snapshot of time in my lifetime, it can change later, like its changed from before).

I am grossly imperfect and definitely fallible...I have no great vantage point, this tree is only as high as I can climb and the only one I could see within the area I reconnoiter and traverse.

I have no absolute way to measure this all...I only have what I have seen, read and lived. My existence is particularly finite in time and space, like every other human.

It might be nice in a way if we could all have a do-over and put in new input conditions for each one of us...and see what of us turns out different and the same...and extend that across time and space to entire nations, course of events and histories.

But alas we do not live in such a reality...and we would lose all notion and perspective of uniqueness and concrete individuality and core identity.

We only exist in the downstream....each and every one of us.

But its just awful (IMO) politicians (of any stripe and colour) are supposed to serve the public, but reality is the other way around.

I have gotten tired of giving just about anyone with power a pass till they actually earn it (extremely rare).

I like the powerless like me, they are on the ground with me, I will identify with them (agree or disagree on whatever issue) all to my last breath on earth....whatever their imperfections and flaws (again like me!), I appreciate they are slugging out life just like me.

When they do bad, I call them out....like I would expect them to call me out if I do. But we are all in the same boat down here getting shafted good from the overlords....who are very selectively called out on just about anything....and get away with everything regardless.

But in a way we are all born in it, its the only thing we have ever known. We seek order by our free will and thus power dynamics are inevitable.

Pete Seeger Harlan county song (Deep republican territory now) verse:

They say in Harlan County
There are no neutrals there.
You'll either be a union man
Or a thug for J. H. Blair.

Which side are you on boys?
Which side are you on?
Which side are you on boys?
Which side are you on?

My daddy was a miner,
And I'm a miner's son,
He'll be with you fellow workers
Until this battle's won.

Which side are you on?
Which side are you on?
Which side are you on?
Which side are you on?
See, when you talk like this, I appreciate you and your points more and I can see where you're coming from. This is the Nilgiri that I respect and like.

All what you say, I more or less agree with. Which is why I tried to approach you with good intentions and not just pure hostility, which is how I would approach Trumpers for example. I say Trumpers because let's face it, that part of the US population is only loyal to him and not even to the Republican party at this point.

It is true, Lincoln was a republican but nowadays the parties, their platforms, and their bases have practically flipped. If Lincoln were to see what the republican base have become today, I believe he would switch to the democrats. And yet a lot of Trumpers love to say that the GOP is the "Party of Lincoln", all the while bringing the Confederate flag inside the Capitol. Something that had never happened even during the Civil War.

This is also another gripe that I have with them: extreme tribalism. They are willing to ignore abhorrent behavior as long as it is from their party. This happens to some extent in the left as well (Antifa and SJWs come to mind, I hate the way they do things and the woke BS they push) but they happen far less often than what is happening with the "alt-right" today.

And like you said, it will continue to change over time. The Democrats will continue to find new issues and avenues they can rush change in and the Republicans will oppose that to keep things like the good old days. Which is why I understand why a lot of americans vote the way they do but I also consider the way most americans stick to their parties and vote based on that instead of seeing what issues each party is pushing for as, well, stupid.

Unfortunately, I don't think compromise in the US will come anytime soon. Not as long as media outlets like CNN, Buzzfeed, Breitbart, FOX, OANN, Newsmax, etc. exist. They will continue to polarize their respective sides for money. And to be honest, there is not much the moderates of each party could do. Biden is a moderate of the dems and because of that, he came (and is still under) heavy attack from the hardcore progressives that support people like AOC and Sanders. The attack only stopped because they had a common enemy in Trump.

The same with people like Romney (as much as I don't like the guy) and McCain and even Pence just recently. They aren't even moderates, Pence was just upholding the Constitution and it was enough for the Trump extremists to call for his execution (and they sure attempted to do so during the invasion of the Capitol) on platforms like Parler. As long as these, let's be honest, propaganda media outlets, echo chambers, and lawless social media platforms exist, the US public will just continue to get more polarized.

The world is in such a sad state right now and I also realize that the common folks like us "are all in the same boat down here getting shafted good from the overlords". But I refuse to let intolerance rule. My guidelines nowadays is simple really: identify the parties that white supremacists, religious extremists, and neo-nazis pick, find whichever party goes against them (while not being too woke with their policies), vote for said party just to prevent these trash of society from gaining power.

It takes all of us to prevent another Hitler or Trump.

Sycarion

Reactions

guest12

Reactions
2 878
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1610253279349.png

Nilgiri

Experienced member
Aviation Specialist
Reactions
107 19,051
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
India
See, when you talk like this, I appreciate you and your points more and I can see where you're coming from. This is the Nilgiri that I respect and like.

All what you say, I more or less agree with. Which is why I tried to approach you with good intentions and not just pure hostility, which is how I would approach Trumpers for example. I say Trumpers because let's face it, that part of the US population is only loyal to him and not even to the Republican party at this point.

It is true, Lincoln was a republican but nowadays the parties, their platforms, and their bases have practically flipped. If Lincoln were to see what the republican base have become today, I believe he would switch to the democrats. And yet a lot of Trumpers love to say that the GOP is the "Party of Lincoln", all the while bringing the Confederate flag inside the Capitol. Something that had never happened even during the Civil War.

This is also another gripe that I have with them: extreme tribalism. They are willing to ignore abhorrent behavior as long as it is from their party. This happens to some extent in the left as well (Antifa and SJWs come to mind, I hate the way they do things and the woke BS they push) but they happen far less often than what is happening with the "alt-right" today.

And like you said, it will continue to change over time. The Democrats will continue to find new issues and avenues they can rush change in and the Republicans will oppose that to keep things like the good old days. Which is why I understand why a lot of americans vote the way they do but I also consider the way most americans stick to their parties and vote based on that instead of seeing what issues each party is pushing for as, well, stupid.

Unfortunately, I don't think compromise in the US will come anytime soon. Not as long as media outlets like CNN, Buzzfeed, Breitbart, FOX, OANN, Newsmax, etc. exist. They will continue to polarize their respective sides for money. And to be honest, there is not much the moderates of each party could do. Biden is a moderate of the dems and because of that, he came (and is still under) heavy attack from the hardcore progressives that support people like AOC and Sanders. The attack only stopped because they had a common enemy in Trump.

The same with people like Romney (as much as I don't like the guy) and McCain and even Pence just recently. They aren't even moderates, Pence was just upholding the Constitution and it was enough for the Trump extremists to call for his execution (and they sure attempted to do so during the invasion of the Capitol) on platforms like Parler. As long as these, let's be honest, propaganda media outlets, echo chambers, and lawless social media platforms exist, the US public will just continue to get more polarized.

The world is in such a sad state right now and I also realize that the common folks like us "are all in the same boat down here getting shafted good from the overlords". But I refuse to let intolerance rule. My guidelines nowadays is simple really: identify the parties that white supremacists, religious extremists, and neo-nazis pick, find whichever party goes against them (while not being too woke with their policies), vote for said party just to prevent these trash of society from gaining power.

I get where you are coming from, I have lot of friends that come at this same way as you. I share lot of sentiment overall, but I want equal application across the board....rather than one skewed by one party, one narrative or one media edifice (the exact same was done after 9/11 to get the US involved in the iraq war on faulty likely manufactured intelligence).

So if we are going by violent/supremacist/evil elements banding on one side (as to why to be wary of the far larger whole)....it must be done for the other.

The total damage done by the antifa + BLM + "1619" riots throughout 2020 summer and fall is demonstrably higher in lives lost, damage done and economist cost.

There were literal brick piles being left around in advance for expected+planned+organised protest group "riot factions" to take breaking, arson and looting into their own hands after initial 1st amendment protected assembly.

The only large difference is that they were not called out commensurately to what they were doing. In fact they were in many instances tolerated and openly encouraged by the Democrats and Establishment Media.

They are still not being called out the same. Instead the agenda item is how to extrapolate the DC mob to the DC protest and then upwards to all republicans and conservatives.

Then they pretend to scratch their heads about how the Trump phenomenon even came about in first place.

Going pre-trump era, Obama literally said what he said about the Ferguson riots (The specific rioters, not protests)...in that you have to "know" where they are coming from (w.r.t the violence they do).

It was just one example of many of identity politics Obama v 2.0 (compared to more civic nationalist traditional mold one from 2008).

"He (Romney) will throw you all back in chains!" (Biden speech to black audience during 2012 campaign) also comes to mind.

You hypocritically cannot let slip the dogs of war into a circuit and then pretend they bear no relation to you in the 2nd or 3rd lap....simply because more dogs of a din and bark you don't like joined the 1st original batch....having got fed up being left out.

It takes all of us to prevent another Hitler or Trump.

Trump may be a lot of things....oaf, buffoon, opportunist, greasy car salesman (as a good friend of mine called him), loudmouth, agitator, divider, polarizer etc etc

But we really should not conflate with Hitler.

That is plainly wrong.. Mein Kampf and Art of the Deal are very different magnus opus message.

Hitler can be compared only with other totalitarian demagogues of his era: Stalin and Mao.

It is important to specifically call what is wrong with people without conflation.

I mean, this seem "literally hitler" to you?:

-1x-1.jpg

His earlier dabbling with politics (Reform party) where he called out Pat Buchanan (who eventually won the ticket then) as anti-semitic + racist:

But I guess all that gets "cancelled" now?

But then how far does that kind of thing have to go to be credible?

Hillary Clinton in that picture, was an avowed fan of a former KKK Grand Wizard (not some small fry).

She called Robert Byrd her "mentor". The uncomfy KKK past I guess gets saddled to republicans?...rather than an honest application of "cancel culture" to her as a whole?

From that same cancel-culture sentiment, comes the tarring and conflating with whomever the emotional expedient and exponent requires and drives)...you just need the biggest stick in media, big tech, social media to do it....to get away with it...to have it stick much more.

Like I said before, it harkens back to what the democrats have always impulsively been (that they would rather you forget about). It is seen in all their signature (hypocritical) stands today.

Their specific racist origins (and later growth to have it "equal" on all regardless of race but still extremely immoral).

Gun control/safety legislation was originally Jim Crow era gun control where democrats held full political sway....the black man was to be dispossessed of his 2nd amendment right. (Can read up on this all)

"Planned parenthood" aka Abortion promotion was originally a Eugenics program specifically to keep the black people as low as possible from that end. (Can read up Margaret Sanger as much as you want to).

I could keep going, but both these have merely been expanded to whole population and gaslighted to forget where they originally came from so the argument its "beneficial" or even moral need not be compromised.

The change of the (non-centrist) Democrats from the outright fascists of their era to a more grey totalitarian Jacobin/Marxist has been the story of US politics since the civil war. Something akin to turning from Hitler into Stalin in ideology.

It is only the large institutional weight of the US (and the centrism in both parties) that has effectively suppressed the worst of this from really taking hold and doing some huge damage....so far.

Regardless it has now of course for the dems precipitated the abandoning of people they declare as "fascist" today and also assigning the moniker to their opponents as much as they can and will get away with. The expedience for them has moved on from it....but not the underlying basis for change for sake of change (that needs operationalised immoral spearhead so much of the time).

It has gotten new raw force from 2012 obama....the civic-nationalist centrism has been abandoned by the democrats, but like the sly operators they have always been, they wont say the quiet part out loud and use every ounce of control they have over the media and narrative to rather focus the light on their opponents only.

They did the same in the lead up to the civil war....and the lesson they were taught then lasted 150 years more or less.
The existential threat of Germany and then the USSR (for longer time) bought a good 50 years at least to it (strong centrist united front required by the political forces in the US on the survivalist + prevail tendency).

But you see, they likely need that lesson again and soon. These kind of all-in gaslighting establishment people suck at actual fighting. They would rather spend other people's money, and send other people to do their wars.....forgetting what the aptitude and very ethos of those other people are compared to them.

Nilgiri

Experienced member
Aviation Specialist
Reactions
107 19,051
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
India
Just putting these out there, food for thought:

Warning NSFW language ahead.

VCheng

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Toxic degeneracy. I have nothing left to say past it. They are being worse than Trump here.

To be sure, the Clintons and their hench people, specifically Wasserman-Schulz had a great role in the rise of Trump, aided by the lack of a viable alternative by the GOP. To say that the people preferred a disaster like Trump over Hillary is really saying something. We still have to get through the last few days of Trump's term and then see the way Biden is able to lead his administration, towards betterment or not. I am sure we will talk about it as we go along.

For most part my reply was to @VCheng more specifically, we go way back...he knows where I come from and I know where he comes from broadly...so I tend to air out specifics without much context (that I would usually provide to audience) when I answer him and others I know like him...because its a bit like an old friend, you dont have to say the quiet part out loud etc...because they already know.

And we can debate just about any topic without degradation. Imagine that! :D

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,666
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Trump proponent militia groups preparing to protest in Washington DC on January 20 issued a statement:

• We shouldn't put Biden in the White House
• Prepare the weapons, come to DC
• Per duty to protect our country
• Surround federal buildings

National guards in Washington.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
This whole episode has exposed the "freedom" song. President of United States of America who got nearly 47% of the vote in USA has effectively had his freedom castrated by bunch of faceless corporate executives. Shocking how Twitter, Facebook, Google, Apple or corporate America has become the self appointed censors. If this was done in other countries US would have been giving breifings about it and America media would have headlines.

I expect the mental athletes here going to try and explain by "oh it's private companies and not the state". That is lot of cobblers. If freedom is restrained it matter nought what the tool is - private/state. The effect is same. You have been muzzled.

“Silencing people, not to mention the President of the US, is what happens in China not our country,” Haley tweeted.

Germany and France attacked Twitter Inc. and Facebook Inc. after U.S. President Donald Trump was shut off from the social media platforms, in an extension of Europe’s battle with big tech.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel objected to the decisions, saying on Monday that lawmakers should set the rules governing free speech and not private technology companies.

“The chancellor sees the complete closing down of the account of an elected president as problematic,” Steffen Seibert, her chief spokesman, said at a regular news conference in Berlin. Rights like the freedom of speech “can be interfered with, but by law and within the framework
defined by the legislature -- not according to a corporate decision.”

The German leader’s stance is echoed by the French government. Junior Minister for European Union Affairs Clement Beaune said he was “shocked” to see a private company make such an important decision. “This should be decided by citizens, not by a CEO,” he told Bloomberg TV on Monday. “There needs to be public regulation of big online platforms.” Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire earlier said that the state should be responsible for regulations, rather than “the digital oligarchy,” and called big tech “one of the threats” to democracy.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
It was always like that at past usa were client for military industrial complex, now they are for info tech giants, nothing changed particularry exept it became too obvious. Usa is not even state in classical sense of the word, it is like huge money laundry washing machine.

N

Null/Void

This whole episode has exposed the "freedom" song. President of United States of America who got nearly 47% of the vote in USA has effectively had his freedom castrated by bunch of faceless corporate executives. Shocking how Twitter, Facebook, Google, Apple or corporate America has become the self appointed censors. If this was done in other countries US would have been giving breifings about it and America media would have headlines.

I expect the mental athletes here going to try and explain by "oh it's private companies and not the state". That is lot of cobblers. If freedom is restrained it matter nought what the tool is - private/state. The effect is same. You have been muzzled.

“Silencing people, not to mention the President of the US, is what happens in China not our country,” Haley tweeted.

Germany and France attacked Twitter Inc. and Facebook Inc. after U.S. President Donald Trump was shut off from the social media platforms, in an extension of Europe’s battle with big tech.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel objected to the decisions, saying on Monday that lawmakers should set the rules governing free speech and not private technology companies.

“The chancellor sees the complete closing down of the account of an elected president as problematic,” Steffen Seibert, her chief spokesman, said at a regular news conference in Berlin. Rights like the freedom of speech “can be interfered with, but by law and within the framework
defined by the legislature -- not according to a corporate decision.”

The German leader’s stance is echoed by the French government. Junior Minister for European Union Affairs Clement Beaune said he was “shocked” to see a private company make such an important decision. “This should be decided by citizens, not by a CEO,” he told Bloomberg TV on Monday. “There needs to be public regulation of big online platforms.” Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire earlier said that the state should be responsible for regulations, rather than “the digital oligarchy,” and called big tech “one of the threats” to democracy.

I went out last night to interview people for my third video on my Podcast and You Tube the spilt was there NYC may be a liberal and Democratic city but Manhattan has tourists from all over and commuters this is not step in a step in the right direction even Liberals* not establishment liberals who dislike Trump dont like this move by Big Tech at all its precedent that if your opinions are not in line with the corporate mainstream media you will be silenced believe me after they gonna target the Far Right they will target more anti-Establishment groups as well the US has lost any moral authority to chastise China or like countries for a Great Firewall when its own corporations call the shots when melded with US government interests

N

Null/Void

Now that is a description I have never come across. Please never say that in America should you ever go there for a visit.
To be honest I very much dislike the MAGA tards and their antics on the Hill last week but Images of scumbag Congressmen and Senators largely responsible for the lop sided system we have got a taste of real "anger" from their so called constituenents they saw fear many that have served for decades

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I went out last night to interview people for my third video on my Podcast and You Tube the spilt was there NYC may be a liberal and Democratic city but Manhattan has tourists from all over and commuters this is not step in a step in the right direction even Liberals* not establishment liberals who dislike Trump dont like this move by Big Tech at all its precedent that if your opinions are not in line with the corporate mainstream media you will be silenced believe me after they gonna target the Far Right they will target more anti-Establishment groups as well the US has lost any moral authority to chastise China or like countries for a Great Firewall when its own corporations call the shots when melded with US government interests
Trump got 47% of votes. My view is Trump is not the issue. He is merely the face of a issue. Fact is he haas vast regions of America who voted for him and stand by him. Since you live in USA what is your thoughts on this? I mean they can muzzle Trump but what about the sentiments that drove millions to vote for Trump? How are they going to bridge the divide? Your thoughts on this? What will happen in 2024 election? Could Trumpism bounce back? Or will corporate America now do a CCP style purge of Trumpism?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom