Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
If we take altitude into consideration, based on the max altitude of Hisar-O (Not O+) we can get some sense as to how effective it would be

First layer 15km, altitude 10,000 (based off brochure)
Second 25km, altitude 8,000 meters (*guestimate*)
Third layer 50km, altitude 5,000 meters (*guestimate*)
4kalt.jpg

akrepon

Reactions
Nation of residence
Belgium
If we take altitude into consideration, based on the max altitude of Hisar-O (Not O+) we can get some sense as to how effective it would be

First layer 15km, altitude 10,000 (based off brochure)
Second 25km, altitude 8,000 meters (*guestimate*)
Third layer 50km, altitude 5,000 meters (*guestimate*)
View attachment 15650
Isn't the altitude a bit low? I would expect at least 15km from O+.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to current open source information, Hisar-O +:
-Radar effective detection range (not maximum) 120+ km
- Missile effective interception range (not maximum) 25km, effective containment altitude (not maximum) 50-10,000m

The -1 battery HISAR-O + can provide effective protection in a range of 40-60 km.

T

Turko

According to current open source information, Hisar-O +:
-Radar effective detection range (not maximum) 120+ km
- Missile effective interception range (not maximum) 25km, effective containment altitude (not maximum) 50-10,000m

The -1 battery HISAR-O + can provide effective protection in a range of 40-60 km.

For instance ESSM can intercept at app 30km range , upto 13km altitude, i don't think HİSAR O is less capable. Nonetheless Hisar missiles are larger and longer than ESSMs.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
For instance ESSM can intercept at app 30km range , upto 13km altitude, i don't think HİSAR O is less capable. Nonetheless Hisar missiles are larger and longer than ESSMs.

Yes, ESSM for instance doesn't have a dual-pulse rocket engine either. HISAR series of missiles do, Roketsan makes sure to cut out when the missile ignites its secondary propellant, hence it's difficult for adversaries to understand the capabilities of HISAR, so we are stuck with what we are given :) -

looks like HISAR-O+ is 10km altitude on paper - lets say 10km altitude up to 25km range and 15km altitude up to 15km range "brainstorming"

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,285
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am most curious about the maximum distance between the batteries and the radar. In S-400s, the maximum distance of a single battery to the radar was said to be 90 km. It was possible to protect an extra area of 180 km with 2 batteries in the opposite direction. For HİSAR O, a distance of 20-30 km in a single battery will provide a great advantage.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
What could be the speed of this missile?
ESSM has a 4+ mach speed. I would guess that these too are 4+ Mach missiles. Due to dual pulse motor this may be a bit different and vary during flight. But Aster 30 are 4.5 Mach , Aster15 are 3.5 Mach missiles. Gokdogan missile which is similar to aim120 has a speed of 4 Mach. If these missiles are derivatives of Gokdogan then that is the minimum speed one should think about.
Although speed helps to reach target quicker, it is not a necessary requisite. At a motorway if a car is travelling at 120 km , you can , on foot, jump in front of it coming from the side of the road at 10-15 km running speed, if you can calculate your trajectory and angle of collision correctly.
Most important with AD systems is to be able to hit the aircrafts before they can launch their missiles to hit your radar and AD systems. So the range is important when there are missiles around like Scalp/Storm shadow.

Last edited:

yusuf

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
ESSM block 2 do not need midcourse guide but hisar -O+ do need mid coutse guidance,so on naval platforms you can not engage multiple thraets properly at the same time because of one fire control radar engae only one missile,its near equavelent to ESSM block 1but our Hisar more deadly for air platforms because its more resistant to ECM,great success,and I guess target hit at around 35-40km

Last edited:
E

Era_shield

ESSM block 2 do not need midcourse guide but hisar -O+ do need mid coutse guidance,so on naval platforms you can not engage multiple thraets properly at the same time because of one fire control radar engae only one missile,its near equavelent to ESSM block 1but our Hisar more deadly for air platforms because its more resistant to ECM,great success,and I guess target hit at around 35-40km
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Hisar O+ gets its mid-course guidance from its RF link, it doesn't need the ship to use its fire control radar for this.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 15665

View attachment 15661

This coordinate is 100km far from the missile. It is on the yellow line. What does Bt. AKM for? West launch control station or Battery fire control station? İf it is the missile could launch far from 100km?
View attachment 15663
View attachment 15662
It’s the mouse pointer’s coordinates :)

Radar is near the launcher, both seen in video frame together on different positions, Don’t know about the position of the command vehicle.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Most likely the second coordinate i got wrong. But the first coordinate obviously reveals the position of battery fire command station which was 100km far.
Right upper coordinate belongs to launcher (FFS-O id 344).
BAD16D53-994F-4D92-B64A-39CE44A359E1.jpeg

Lower left coordinate on the screen is mouse pointer coordinate (which is near Nevşehir)..

E84B8BAF-AC17-405E-AD55-5D89C56C66C4.jpeg

The visible target flying on the screen is an airliner, should not fly there according to NOTAM closing the airway so it must be from a different time (10 minutes is enough for it to be 150 km away, so timing is probably off, may not be intentional, or maybe Roketsan is trolling us.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom