uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,286
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes, I was alluding to Sünnetçi's statements on Kaner's last program. Not the platform I had in mind, but still about 3 times better than using an F-16 or Akıncı.
I mean as said in that program we have know how from HAVASOJ so it makes sense. The problem is energy output. Global 6000 has likely more than enough for Murad but it's not going to cut it for BURFIS I imagine. Also remember the program about HAVASOJ, it was said that whole HAVASOJ has about same EW power output as F18 Growler. Makes sense considering both have 2x 60 kilonewton engines. The E7 wedgetail is on 2x 120 kn thrust version of Boeing 737 for a reason.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
63 7,895
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mean as said in that program we have know how from HAVASOJ so it makes sense. The problem is energy output. Global 6000 has likely more than enough for Murad but it's not going to cut it for BURFIS I imagine. Also remember the program about HAVASOJ, it was said that whole HAVASOJ has about same EW power output as F18 Growler. Makes sense considering both have 2x 60 kilonewton engines. The E7 wedgetail is on 2x 120 kn thrust version of Boeing 737 for a reason.
Yup, If i know this country, we would be searching for a second, bigger testbed few years later. Also not sure about the part us knowing the ins and outs of the platform with the experience we got from HavaSoj will cut it for a testbed, where we will need to modify the nose section, possibly put in a new radom. Which will probably require us to certify it for flight worthiness because at least 2 to 6 very experienced people will be aboard, and I doubt any company in Turkey can do that. Someone Canadian or South African perhaps.

Will be interesting nonetheless. As usual, I hope I'm wrong.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,914
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Both Baykar and TAI got their MURAD sample. Two companies will do tests on the MURAD radar. A test plane is necessary, but it is impossible to test supersonic conditions and aggressive maneuvers with a business jet, so F-16 is needed regardless.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 3,008
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Apparently, an F-4's external fuel tank just fell from the sky in Ankara. I hope we can retire them before something even worse happens.

In the statement made by the Ministry of National Defence, "A part of the F-4 Fighter Jet belonging to the Turkish Air Force fell into an open car park belonging to TPAO for an unknown reason during its flight in the skies over Ankara. The aircraft landed safely in Eskişehir square. There is no loss of life and no injuries in the incident. Detailed technical investigation on the subject is ongoing."

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,246
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fck me it landed on some cars!!!

My dad is watching the news amk.

Somebody could have got crushed to death.!!

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
63 7,895
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Shit event, but mishaps happen. Good that noone was hurt. We have no details but more than likely it was a sloppy connection to the pylon and not related to the aircraft itself.

Presumably the aircraft in question is the one that was on static display for Teknofest Ankara. Maybe people got handsy or connection loosened as it was stationary for a few days and ground crew failed to check it thoroughly. Hopefully there will be some lessons to be learned.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,246
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Shit event, but mishaps happen. Good that noone was hurt. We have no details but more than likely it was a sloppy connection to the pylon and not related to the aircraft itself.

I dont see much F4s flying after that.

Most likely will be grounded for the time being. No matter how much the F4 gets upgraded and modernised its the inevitable that they will be retired for good. It is coming.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
63 7,895
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't think this is an event that will lead to fleet being grounded. It's a mature platform with tens of thousands of pages of after service reports on the books. Unless a mass frenzy by populace demands it.

They should have been retired 5-6 years ago already, but again, we don't have any replacements for it do we?

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,108
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't think this is an event that will lead to fleet being grounded. It's a mature platform with tens of thousands of pages of after service reports on the books. Unless a mass frenzy by populace demands it.

They should have been retired 5-6 years ago already, but again, we don't have any replacements for it do we?
We need to delegate as much of its responsibilities as we can to our drones, lower their flight hours as much as possible.
Because,compared to the KAAN and Drones,our Hurjet development is a bit too slow,they should have been in service years ago.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
63 7,895
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Drones we have can't currently undertake F-4's roles except for dropping HGKs in COIN ops. In their near retirement old age, they are required to work day and night, because we don't have a substitute.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,108
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Drones we have can't currently undertake F-4's roles except for dropping HGKs in COIN ops. In their near retirement old age, they are required to work day and night, because we don't have a substitute.
1. We should had ordered 400 F-16 before,270 is not enough

2.By now we can only produce Hurjet ASAP.

I dont like US will sell us 40 F-16V

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
63 7,895
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1. We should had ordered 400 F-16 before,270 is not enough
We had 150 F-4s and 100 F-5s back in 90s. As well as 200 F-104s in 89. Real drop in numbers that now effects us happened after 2010s. We should have had at least 80-90 F-35s by now.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,108
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We had 150 F-4s and 100 F-5s back in 90s. As well as 200 F-104s in 89. Real drop in numbers that now effects us happened after 2010s. We should have had at least 80-90 F-35s by now.
F-35 seems delayed a lot,even other countries had only 30-40 by now.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 3,008
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This might be very, very relevant for our F-16 acquisition:

New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez was charged on Friday with corruption-related offenses for the second time in 10 years. Menendez and his wife, Nadine Arslanian Menendez, are accused of accepting “hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes” in exchange for the senator’s influence, according to the newly unsealed federal indictment.

This twat is also up for reelection next year, timing of these charges might torpedo his chances of getting nominated again.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,922
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
This might be very, very relevant for our F-16 acquisition:

New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez was charged on Friday with corruption-related offenses for the second time in 10 years. Menendez and his wife, Nadine Arslanian Menendez, are accused of accepting “hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes” in exchange for the senator’s influence, according to the newly unsealed federal indictment.

This twat is also up for reelection next year, timing of these charges might torpedo his chances of getting nominated again.

Nominated? He is done for. He will resign in a couple days. So are his sons chances of ever taking over his seat.

The biggest weapon the Armenian and Greek lobby had has just imploded. This dude was all they had.

Would not surprise me to see the F-16 deal be approved in the coming months.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
63 7,895
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is the 3rd or 4th corruption scandal of Menendez. Also the second time he's being tried for corruption, first one was in 2018 and it was dropped by the court.
Menendez doesn't have to be nominated as well. He will just enter his state's democratic party primary and will just win in a landslide, probably also win the election.
And the dude is preparing his son for his spot. He's a political animal. He's not at all "done for."

Menendez is also not the only one the lobbies have, none at all. This cheering will turn to frowns if Pallone or Van Hollen replaces him in 3 months. Menendez is only a symptom, not the cause. He's not a rogue agent flying under the radar.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom