Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,620
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Full name is still Turkish Aerospace Industries, TAI in English but they did do a small soft rebranding from TAI to just Turkish Aerospace.
I'll keep calling it TAI i think.

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,278
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
(T Link) This one totally flew under the radar. Although nothing is known yet, it's a huge undertaking and will become the backbone of our networked warfare concept on land, air and sea. Biggest news of IDEF 23 for me so far.
I think T Link is a new national waveform compliant with the KEMENT terminal. Current KEMENT capabilities are focused on platform-munition weapons data link, but it was often stressed that the new terminal developed by Meketsan would have its ability further expanded in the future as the SDR terminal could be integrated with other waveforms. MilSOFT is also known to be developing next-generation multi-datalink processor as well, this time probably for Turkish national waveforms. Also to my understanding KEMENT waveform itself is able to function as TDL.

I wonder what this means for the Link-M of MilSOFT though. MilSOFT was primarily pitching Link-M to the Turkish Navy but I'm quite sure that they were also quite keen on seeing it deployed on aerial platforms as well. Maybe the differences between the two waveforms and underlying HWs like terminals are so different that they are suited for different roles? The publicly published foto of the Link-M terminal demonstration (one with "Hello historical moment" message) was using Link-22 waveform at the time, afterall. Or maybe it is that T Link is designed on the basis of MilSOFT waveforms. They were responsible for the software in KEMENT project as well.

Thoughts? @Yasar @Anmdt @moz68k @Rodeo

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,812
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Konya AJÜ
F23RRxCXsAAGj07

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
115 14,820
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Really wish we could go for EF T4 instead of F-16V.
Our hearts say that; and from tech point of view, EF2000 , especially the tranche 4 with the hybrid Aesa radar, is the far better plane.

Qatar paid 6 billion dollars for 24 planes. That is 250 million dollar a piece. Can we really afford that?

The only way we can buy those planes is to sign a comprehensive 80-120 plane order with partial local production of the plane and the licence production of the engines in Turkey. That will bring the plane prices in line with what the consortium is paying; making it somehow more affordable. But that will take so much funds away from more important projects like the TFX that it wouldn’t be feasible. Also the time it would take for first few squadrons to be with the airforce is most likely going to be unworkable.

Had we gone through with the EF2000 offer the consortium put on the table a couple of decades ago instead of F35, then we would have been operating those planes in multiple squadrons by now.

Unless we find huge hydrocarbon deposits in the next few months, our only option is to get the first block 4++ generation TFX squadrons flying before 2028 and put all our money and energy in to that project and in to the Ozgur modernisation with Murad Aesa radar.
Murad being the operative word there. As without Murad the whole Ozgur project is like a Lion without teeth.
Get a move on Aselsan! Enough of all these delays!

Last edited:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,620
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Given the contract it should be by 2025
When did a contract deadline ever stop us, truly? It'll be ready when it's ready. Which is probably between 2025 and 2029. Looks like they are genuinely, actively considering buying a testbed aircraft. Maybe if they allocate the budget in the next 18 months, we will see some results 18 months after that./SARCASM

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,569
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When did a contract deadline ever stop us, truly? It'll be ready when it's ready. Which is probably between 2025 and 2029. Looks like they are genuinely, actively considering buying a testbed aircraft. Maybe if they allocate the budget in the next 18 months, we will see some results 18 months after that./SARCASM
getting a bombardier as a testbed aircraft for MURAD?

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,620
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
getting a bombardier as a testbed aircraft for MURAD?
Yes, I was alluding to Sünnetçi's statements on Kaner's last program. Not the platform I had in mind, but still about 3 times better than using an F-16 or Akıncı.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,569
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
just for the sake of giving an example:

for a testbed aircraft South Korea was working with a South African company for a while if I remember it correctly

for their AESA they used a B-737 aircraft as a tesbed aircraft from 2022 to early 2023

now they are planing to test it on KF 21 till 2026

Top Bottom