Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkiye should buy more upgrade kits and cancel buying new F16's, their delivery time is just not worth it. Buy maybe some AA missiles and keep the cost at minimum

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,407
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Turkiye should buy more upgrade kits and cancel buying new F16's, their delivery time is just not worth it. Buy maybe some AA missiles and keep the cost at minimum
LM is trying to speed up its production rate in late 2025 to produce 4 F-16s per month. If that is the case Turkiye would receive the first F-16 by 2027. If the decision was mine I would go for 40 F15-EX to replace the older F-4 with almost the same pricetag as the block 72.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,823
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
LM is trying to speed up its production rate in late 2025 to produce 4 F-16s per month. If that is the case Turkiye would receive the first F-16 by 2027. If the decision was mine I would go for 40 F15-EX to replace the older F-4 with almost the same pricetag as the block 72.
LM inspected Tusaş facilities last year and given that Tusaş is produced the most number of F-16s outside the US, there is a very good chance that we are going to build our own F-16s an will build them for others, which will turn into more funds for Tusaş. It'd be really shocking if we didn't, as it would harm LM as much as us, their production lines are pretty tied up and they might miss out on orders because of that.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,732
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
F-15EX is a no go from the US side.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,732
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
BTW I don't understand this deal. Why didn't we ask to integrate our own weapons and pods into F-16Vs? We should have brought this into the negotiations. This deal makes zero sense and logic.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Simply go full rate on Ozgur upgrade, Turkiye has the TAI and Tomtas facilities. Upgrade them in record time to Ozgur blk II level

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,823
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Simply go full rate on Ozgur upgrade, Turkiye has the TAI and Tomtas facilities. Upgrade them in record time to Ozgur blk II level
How do you know we can do it any faster than we are doing it at the moment?

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
To build new F16's we need to free up production lines, get production line setups from LM etc. etc. (not worth the investment while we are fully going for Hurjet and Kaan)

The Tomtas facilities can be fully reserved for upgrades, buy 80 upgrade kits for viper upgrade and pump out Ozgur blk II upgraded F16's.

With the money they gonna waste on new F16's we can put a whole new modern plant and upgrade in high speed

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,732
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I didn't say SABR is the latest AESA tech in radars but It is certain that it is the latest of its generation F16's best variant can use and this make it the last gen for F16s a customer can purchase. That's what I meant
Understood.

I want to say, in general, any AESA radar that doesn't have GaN modules is not the latest and greatest. GaN adds a generational performance uplift. This is proven both scientifically and with on-field performance experience.
We shouldn't fly with anything less than AESA in 2030 and aim to field at least half of the fleet with GaN AESA.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Greek F-35s will cause a lot of headaches.
Buying the S-400 has to be the dumbest foreign policy decision ever. We gave the USA a reason to kick us out of the program on a golden platter. I cannot imagine how hard the Greek and Israeli lobbies in Washington laughed.
This stupidity will go down in the history books.
We collectively deserved this mockery for our unrelenting stupidity. Need to get our shit togheter quickly.

I should probably quit following defense news for a while for my own mental well being.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,288
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should have asked for a full Syria withdrawal or F-35 just to begin negotiations. Such an opportunity comes once every 50 years.

Emeği geçenlerin yatacak yeri yok.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,661
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
D-3 is only for domestic use afaik. C-3 is its export variant.
C8 still lacks the two way datalink and much greater range, no? There are at least 4 120D users outside of US, important US allies like UK, Norway, Canada and Australia. I'm interested to see if the future Greek package will include D.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,563
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
C8 still lacks the two way datalink and much greater range, no? There are at least 4 120D users outside of US, important US allies like UK, Norway, Canada and Australia. I'm interested to see if the future Greek package will include D.

You are right 120D has foreign users.

I was talking about D-3 which resulted from F3R program. And so far it hasn't been offered for export yet afaik. C-8 also incorporate the advances of F3R program.

chngr

Reactions
1 138
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
" nine hundred fifty-two (952) Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM) AIM-120C-8 or equivalent missiles "

Only equivalent aim-120D...maybe just maybe

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,661
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
" nine hundred fifty-two (952) Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM) AIM-120C-8 or equivalent missiles "

Only equivalent aim-120D...maybe just maybe
Or C7 :D. C5 and C7 I believe are no longer in production, but depending on the deal, maybe they give C7s from USAF stock.

chngr

Reactions
1 138
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Or C7 :D. C5 and C7 I believe are no longer in production, but depending on the deal, maybe they give C7s from USAF stock.
why would they do? already approved with this ''equivalent''....they can even sold us Aim-120d

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
21 2,292
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Greek F-35s will cause a lot of headaches.
Buying the S-400 has to be the dumbest foreign policy decision ever. We gave the USA a reason to kick us out of the program on a golden platter. I cannot imagine how hard the Greek and Israeli lobbies in Washington laughed.
This stupidity will go down in the history books.

"If Turkey had bought F-35s, they could have bombed Athens without us seeing them."

So when ANKA-3 and KAAN gets operational, Türkiye will be able to bomb Athens without Greece noticing it. Noted

On a side note, imo he should consume less Ouzo. He is acting like F-35 is alien tech.

EDIT: By the way, before their first F-35 gets operational, Türkiye will have a huge arsenal of ballistic and cruise missiles, able to strike every corner of Greece. And at least three earth observation satellites will be orbiting earth.
It would be wise for him to lower his tone.

Last edited:

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,343
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the begin Cem Dogut explains how the proces work and according to hem we will not pay that amount money. Why did we buy bombs and missiles.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom