Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,538
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
That's another issue, but I have a hard time believing Turkiye is really scared of Russia or anybody else to bring them back, if Erdo calls Putin andtells him those are our planes and we are bringing them back, I don't think there is a singlo mofo on the planet that dares to try and shoot them down.

They can’t bring them back simply because the two camps has Manpads, so even if you warn both Ukraine and Russia in advance there’s still a high risk of being shot down.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,538
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
I dont think that Turkey has difficulty in getting them out
Hell, Ukrainian Antonov-124 transport planes are flying continuously from and to Turkey and back to Ukraine, through Poland! TURKEY can do the same with its planes as well; moreover, Russia allowed Ukrainian grain stored in Mariupol (whixh Turkey bought) to be given to Turkey so I dont think that the Russians will antagonise Turkey in the middle of a loooong war for 2 transport planes especially when there is Libya, Syria, and Karabagh to think about

Iam sure they are kept there for a reason; I just hope it isnt a stupid reason at the end since such planes costs a lot of money

Yeah but then why not letting the planes in Poland ? It doesn’t make sense. Those poor A400M’s are waiting to be destroyed by some Russian missiles.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,206
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Private defense enterprises should be using private transportation. If these planes are damaged, thats a loss of approx. 125-175m € each. I hope Baykar is well insured.
On what basis are you putting this on Baykar?

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,339
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Private defense enterprises should be using private transportation. If these planes are damaged, thats a loss of approx. 125-175m € each. I hope Baykar is well insured.

don't forget Roketsan with ther MAM....

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Sorry to bother you gentlemen. But I was just wondering... What on earth is this A400M doing?

FWCNOgaWAAAqEcu.jpeg

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is more complicated than that actually.

First of all, they are lethal equipment that requires extensive control in every step. You can't simply ask companies to deliver weapons that easily.

Another thing is, we simply do not know the details of the sale. We are thinking it is Baykar and Ukraine, however, it might very well be like SSB and Ukraine, or even Türkiye and Ukraine. If the deal is between Ukraine and Türkiye or SSB, it is quite normal to have military transporting equipment.

Also, I really don't understand why people are acting like 2 A400M planes that struck there are the most important thing for Airforce. Ukraine is not going to seize them, or Russia is not likely to destroy them. Why do people bring this subject to the agenda and act like we have nukes stuck in there?

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sorry to bother you gentlemen. But I was just wondering... What on earth is this A400M doing?

View attachment 45316

Hmm apparently started in ANKARA Etimesgut Air Base and flew RAF Mildenhall Air Base

Royal Air Force Mildenhall or RAF Mildenhall (IATA: MHZ, ICAO: EGUN) is a Royal Air Force (RAF) station located near Mildenhall in Suffolk, England.
Despite its status as a Royal Air Force station, it primarily supports United States Air Force (USAF) operations, and is home of the 100th Air Refueling Wing (100 ARW).

1656110683767.png

After Refueling it took of and flew to St. John's International Airport.

1656110857490.png

and Finally after 2 Stops for Refueling it reached its final destination Mc Guire Air Force Base in New Jersey

1656110943585.png

About MCGuire AFB

Using C-17A Globemasters and KC-10 Extenders, Team McGuire’s mission is to support the transportation of troops, passengers, equipment, cargo, mail; to provide aerial refueling throughout the world in support of our national objectives.

The Only Relation between this AFB and Turkey was in 2013:

Providing Patriots

1656111518424.png

Something else I noticed the A400M flew from Mildenhall to St. Johns which is 2048NM (3755KM) which means it was loaded with something.

1656111837666.png

Because From Ankara to NJ, all 3 Stops were 4500NM (8300KM) which an Empty A400M could have managed, or at least with 1 Stop.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
The one who send those A400's to Ukraine deserves a medal *sarcasm off*
Obviously they went for evacuation of citizens and embassy, however not on desired time frame.. Lack of intelligence or negligence caused this.. I am glad, we should all be glad that they are still intact.. Hopefully soon they will return

Whether they went with some materials inside or not, it is not important. Also last minute support (from country to country not a private company) could have affected a lot of things in the war.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 971
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey

The claim that negotiations were made with the UK for the Eurofighter Typhoon fighter jet was denied.
Thats great news , Turkiye dont need anymore foregin aircrafts since Hurjet and MMU are becaming reality in 5-10 years .
Aslo dont u know USA=UK . They are like sisters , like Turkey with Azarbaijan . If Turkiye will buy Eurofighter than only problems will bring , As delay of aircrafts , Money will be spent outside while Turkiye still only order 4 I-class frigates from Itself 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
The puchasse will aslo delay Turkish air programs of MMU & Hurjet .
For me i will cut any relation with western in defence matters . Work with them only in diplomacy & economy .
With that money we can order 20 I-class frigates and rule the sea from Algeria to lebanon .

Last edited:

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,891
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thats great news , Turkiye dont need anymore foregin aircrafts since Hurjet and MMU are becaming reality in 5-10 years .
Aslo dont u know USA=UK . They are like sisters , like Turkey with Azarbaijan . If Turkiye will buy Eurofighter than only problems will bring , As delay of aircrafts , Money will be spent outside while Turkiye still only order 4 I-class frigates from Itself 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
The puchasse will aslo delay Turkish air programs of MMU & Hurjet .
For me i will cut any relation with western in defence matters . Work with them only in diplomacy & economy .
With that money we can order 20 I-class frigates and rule the sea from Algeria to lebanon .
How are you planning on getting the engines for Hurjet and MMU without the cooperation of the "sisters"? Our aircrafts' success contingent either on joint venture or direct purchase of those engines from the so called Western countries.

I am supportive of Eurofighter Typhoon purchase because firstly, we need an interim plane before our indigenous aircrafts are ready for serial production and secondly, we may need to placate the Brits for the assistance we need from Rolls-Royce.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,843
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

The claim that negotiations were made with the UK for the Eurofighter Typhoon fighter jet was denied.
Logically expected response really.

Before anybody says we are going to buy Typhoon planes, the questions that need to be answered are:
1. Will Germany agree to the sale of these planes? Even if you buy used ones you have 4 partners that have to agree on supplying engines and parts etc to keep the planes in the air. Will they all guarantee supply?
2. Can we afford to buy such a high cost plane?
3. Since without Aesa radars, the Tranche-1 are no use to us, and Aesa radars can’t be incorporated on to these old planes, only the new planes are feasible. Therefore all 4 partners will have to agree to the sale. Even with a single country we find it difficult to buy and sustain the purchase with parts afterwards. How will we have guaranteed support from all 4 partners? And most importantly, can SSB/Defence Ministry take this risk?

Yes we would need an interim plane before MMU. But we also don’t want another F35, Altay or Leo2a4 modernisation Fiasco in our hands.

Last edited:

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,553
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

keep in mind that MSB and SSB are not the same org.

But this shows that SSB is very hopefull (they probably state these with their knowledge of the project) about TF-X, which is very good.

But, i dont know if MSB will listen to the SSB

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 385
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Great. Meanwhile we are accepting pkk supporters to the nato in order to get f16s. Our one billion years old state mind is on

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,891
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder how much of a danger could KIZILELMA cause to F35 if it lived up to its name? The UAV with her stealth body, AESA radar and internal AA missiles should give some headache to the adversary, right? Maybe the drone will be our interim solution to our aging fleet before MMU takes the stage.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,553
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I wonder how much of a danger could KIZILELMA cause to F35 if it lived up to its name? The UAV with her stealth body, AESA radar and internal AA missiles should give some headache to the adversary, right? Maybe the drone will be our interim solution to our aging fleet before MMU takes the stage.
Yes, paired with F-16 Özgür/70, it can hold until TF-X

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom