Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,743
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well, I am still not hearing anything about Hurjet. Where are the deal for 100 engines ?

Kaan is the same, being used for political purpose.

So I’m biding my time, just waiting quietly.

people who can’t stomach @Spitfire9 words should wake up.

His assesment / conjuncture is correct.

people living on prayers should listen to Bon Jovi.

Spitfire9

Committed member
Reactions
6 372
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
By chance I spotted this. The defenseaerospace.com website is now based in France and tends to report negatively on British aviation matters but I think it gives an idea of why Scholz is unlikely change his position on EF supplies to Turkiye.

... maintaining the government coalition is the first priority for Chancellor Scholz, and selling weapons to Saudi Arabia is a red line, and even the British government knows it. No threat -- whether legal, industrial, or commercial -- could reverse the hierarchy of the Chancellor’s priorities. The governing “Jamaican” or “traffic light coalition” is in bad shape, as is clearly illustrated by the polls and the regional elections, and the next elections in 2025 are very close.

If there is one bet that London could win, it’s to wait and see what happens after 2025: the would-be candidacy of the defence minister, Boris Pistorius, could be the wildcard that could possibly lift the embargo.

People in countries affected by the block can rage away as much as they like but I don't think it will change anything. I think the people who can change things (possibly) are the Germans in the next election.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
By chance I spotted this. The defenseaerospace.com website is now based in France and tends to report negatively on British aviation matters but I think it gives an idea of why Scholz is unlikely change his position on EF supplies to Turkiye.

People in countries affected by the block can rage away as much as they like but I don't think it will change anything. I think the people who can change things (possibly) are the Germans in the next election.
It is best to end military relations with the Germans. Until there is a German government that will establish proper relations with Türkiye.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

If it were KSA alone it would be easy to block but add Türkiye to that it will be hard for the german government to resist.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,012
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
You mean German and British workers? Those factories have about 5 to 7 years of life if they refuse to take new orders. Good fucking luck to Germany in their search to find better costumers :ROFLMAO:

Germans closed their nuclear power plants with coal lmaooo

Expect the bar to be low.

infrared

Reactions
5 203
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sometimes truth hurt those who are blind followers to their leaders...
Maybe tbey are not blind but have a different agenda than the Republic's? Maybe their agenda of covertly doing everything to block/delay Altay, F35, F16, or even not clearing up f110/f404 engine procurement is exactly what they are after? Maybe its us that are blind? We will see soon, world is heating up.

Maximilien Robespierre

Committed member
Reactions
1 220
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Maybe tbey are not blind but have a different agenda than the Republic's? Maybe their agenda of covertly doing everything to block/delay Altay, F35, F16, or even not clearing up f110/f404 engine procurement is exactly what they are after? Maybe its us that are blind? We will see soon, world is heating up.
Talking like a mafia leader or screaming at others will not get us far in foreign policy.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,743
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Regardless we’ll see what happens soon enough. No need to get angry at each other over opinions.

Pity we don’t have a different engine for Hurjet.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,686
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mark my words Germany will come crawling on the Eurofighter issue. UK, İtaly and Spain are gearing up to kick out Germany from the Eurofighter consortium. There is news that the UK threatened Germany that the UK companies might be forced to produce German parts of Eurofighter if Germany continues to block Eurofighter sales. German defense minister today spoke interestingly. He said Germany should adopt a more liberal strategy in weapon sales. Turkiye wants 20+20 T4 Eurofighters might get second hand T1 from the UK on top of that(currently unlikely).

Eurofighters will be air superiority/intercepter fighters of the Turkish Air Force. After the introduction of Kaan they will be used similar to F-15X. Turkiye wants to acquire both F-16 block 70s and Eurofighters if possible but wants to buy at least one of them. Turkish Airforce wants to have ~300 fighters till the FOC of Kaan is achieved.

Last edited:

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mark my words Germany will come crawling on the Eurofighter issue. UK, İtaly and Spain are gearing up to kick out Germany from the Eurofighter consortium. There is news that the UK threatened Germany that the UK companies might be forced to produce German parts of Eurofighter if Germany continues to block Eurofighter sales. German defense minister today spoke interestingly. He said Germany should adopt a more liberal strategy in weapon sales. Turkiye wants 20+20 T4 Eurofighters might get second hand T1 from the UK on top of that(currently unlikely).
I don't know if they'll come crawling back, but there is certainly pressure building there and what new defence minister has said can be interpreted as a shift in their position, or at least as a sign that wind is changing direction. And that pressure isn't just from UK, Italy and Spain, but also from within Germany as well because it concerns thousands of high paying jobs.

And, if we were to actually get T4 EFs, I wouldn't mind if we got some second hand 2 seaters from UK to use in training. Not that others would be too terrible mind you, even their oldest EF would be decades younger than our F4s.

Samba

Reactions
2 113
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,012
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Good news are incoming.

"Germany should adopt a more “flexible” policy on arms exports, the country’s defense minister said on Thursday. "

About fcking time.

German Empire and Nazi Germany sold weapons without the bullshit sjw crap.

Maybe they should be more realpolitik like their Prussian forefathers.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,997
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
lol, just words. Doesn't mean shit. Don't count your eggs too soon.

The way i've always seen it is, they want to hinder, stagnant and delay Turkiye, but they cannot afford for Turkiye to go east. Because if we cannot buy fighter jets from the west, from so called NATO allies then you have to look to Russia, China and others. Once that happens it will set off a chain reaction where Turkiye is basically going to find herself forced to oppose the EU in many things. We won't be able to continue our policy of helping Ukraine as an example, we may even find ourselves having to sell all sorts of weapons to Russia because why would they sell us fighter jets if we won't sell them even tb2.

Once you start selling Russia whatever you have the west look to sanction and embargo Turkiye and it start a process of where they do everything to harm us and are forced to do everything to harm them. A lose, a lose situation. Good for Russia though.

Once EU starts embargoing and prejudicing us more, those millions of refugees are on their way to germany, makes no sense any more for Turkiye to host the 10 million. She wont be able to protect the 5 million in syria either anymore, since she cannot oppose russia anymore.

I suspect if Turkiye ever finds herself in a situation where she has to ally with Russia, eastern europe and the balkans is in big big trouble. EU project will cut in half.

I hope it doesnt happen, but if it does then f'k em.

By breaking our legs they are empowering Russia. Madness from the Europeans.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,190
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They will order more F-35.
They probably will still order more Eurofighters to maintain their fleet but not too many, and modernize existing. Europe is a bit divided and undecided for their future strategy of whether to happily rely on America and stay under its protective wings or decide to be a stronger entity of its own especially in aerospace and defence, though the war in Ukraine has definitely tipped the scale in making EU a subset of NATO.

There are still 2 ongoing 6th gen fighter projects but at this point what is the strategic significance of that? Or if they are struggling to support their eurofighter production lines and ordering F35s instead ( remember most smaller eu nations also have F35, not eurofighter) and refusing to export eurofighters to 3rd countries, how are they gonna maintain their 6th generation project? Will they buy like a tiny fleet of 6th gen for exorbitant prices and fail to maintain even those?

Top Bottom