OPTIMUS

Committed member
Reactions
1 443
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
And the CMV-22 was to fulfil the role of carrying F135 engines in full configuration but it can't do that as well. Issues happen at procurement all the time. 235s may not be able to carry F110s, but they are worked to death in all matter of duties for the last 40 years.
worked to death???? I have to think how naif you can be like that.

Have you ever seen after crashes that Kayseri airborne brigade jumped off this plane.

Have you ever seen elite troops of the Turkish Army board this plane?

people these planes were no good from the beginning. We had to prove that with human lives.

Ask Turkish Army why they have so many white-painted VIP versions of this aircraft and none use them. With these planes, they can transport a few boxes back and forth, nothing more. Elite soldiers definitely not since 2011.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
73 10,087
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Have you ever seen after crashes that Kayseri airborne brigade jumped off this plane.

Have you ever seen elite troops of the Turkish Army board this plane?
Efes 24, international participants and special forces command:
1729458043210.png

2018, special forces command:

1729458240722.png

We have more than 50 CN235s in service in air force, navy and the coast guard. They fly day and night in all conditions. If we had retired types after they crashed, we wouldn't have planes left to fly. Aircraft crash, it happens.

Ask Turkish Army why they have so many white-painted VIP versions of this aircraft and none use them. With these planes, they can transport a few boxes back and forth, nothing more. Elite soldiers definitely not since 2011.
We don't have so many. There should be 3 VIP configuration ones, 1 Turkish Stars logistics aircraft and 1 air ambulance apart in the air force. VIP ones are also used pretty heavily.

Last edited:

OPTIMUS

Committed member
Reactions
1 443
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
to my knowledge; at EFES 2024, Turkish special forces participated with CH47 helicopters. the other participants had the Cn235.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
73 10,087
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
to my knowledge; at EFES 2024, Turkish special forces participated with CH47 helicopters. the other participants had the Cn235.
Here's Erciyes 2023 with commandos and international participants. We of course don't have the data, but a Turkish CN235 is in air every day during the day. These aircraft replaced our C-47s. They are used as work horses and undertake any and all missions. They are not highly capable, but they are very cheap to run.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
89 11,531
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI General Manager Mehmet Demiroğlu:

Hürjet attack jet configuration: Hürjet Second prototype will make its first flight at the end of this month. P2 is in light attack configuration.

Regarding Hürjet's delivery and export activities, AJT configuration delivery will start in 2026. We have almost reached the contract stage with 3 countries, an announcement may be made soon.

ANKA-3 development activities: Firing tests from the internal weapon station will start in November. We will start the operational tests together with the Turkish Air Force in mid-2025.

KAAN: Our goal to meet the delivery target in 2028 continues. We do not see any problems at the moment.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
10 6,353
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI General Manager Mehmet Demiroğlu:

Hürjet attack jet configuration: Hürjet Second prototype will make its first flight at the end of this month. P2 is in light attack configuration.

Regarding Hürjet's delivery and export activities, AJT configuration delivery will start in 2026. We have almost reached the contract stage with 3 countries, an announcement may be made soon.

ANKA-3 development activities: Firing tests from the internal weapon station will start in November. We will start the operational tests together with the Turkish Air Force in mid-2025.

KAAN: Our goal to meet the delivery target in 2028 continues. We do not see any problems at the moment.

I really hope its true, but I need to see and hear it myself that armed Hürjet will by the end of the month. I dont trust our media. If anyone has the video please share.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
89 11,531
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I really hope its true, but I need to see and hear it myself that armed Hürjet will by the end of the month. I dont trust our media. If anyone has the video please share.
IMO, what is meant by configuration is that there may be some avionics and structural improvements for armed version. Frankly, I do not think that weaponry certifications will start in such a short time. But we understand that this prototype will be the aircraft where weapon-munition tests will be conducted.

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
136 16,027
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
BAE Systems has offered to upgrade the Typhoon aircraft Türkiye is planning to purchase with presumably the latest version of the Aesa radar and EW capabilities.
If the ECRSMk2 radar is agreed upon, this radar system as a whole, not only gives cutting edge Aesa radar performance, but also with its EW capability makes the plane stealthier against enemy radars. This is a hybrid, GaAs/GaN based Aesa radar with, theoretically, unprecedented performance levels. This radar and this plane would give TuAF a definite advantage over most of our adversaries in the region in the interim period.

1729856459085.jpeg

1729856601864.jpeg

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
BAE Systems has offered to upgrade the Typhoon aircraft Türkiye is planning to purchase with presumably the latest version of the Aesa radar and EW capabilities.
Doesnt the latest version of the EF come with the latest AESA radar and EW capabilities already?
Does this mean we are getting second hand EF's,like tranch 1 or 2?

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 4,043
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
If the ECRSMk2 radar is agreed upon, this radar system as a whole, not only gives cutting edge Aesa radar performance, but also with its EW capability makes the plane stealthier against enemy radars. This is a hybrid, GaAs/GaN based Aesa radar with, theoretically, unprecedented performance levels. This radar and this plane would give TuAF a definite advantage over most of our adversaries in the region in the interim period.

View attachment 71400

View attachment 71401
Why not using our own stuffs ?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
136 16,027
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Doesnt the latest version of the EF come with the latest AESA radar and EW capabilities already?
Does this mean we are getting second hand EF's,like tranch 1 or 2?
There are, as far as I know, three versions of ECRS Aesa radars, if you do not count the mechanical one, the ECRS-M.
Mk0 was the Leonardo-UK developed one (Qatari planes have this).
Then came the Hensoldt developed one which is Mk1. This is the latest one on German Tranche-4 planes being built.
The latest Leonardo UK development is the Mk2. That Aesa radar just completed its final tests.
All ECRS radars can be applied to any typhoon jet. Tranche-1 may need extensive and costly upgrades. So not feasible for the latest radars.

Last edited:
Top Bottom