Turkish American relationship

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
MIKES originally got it if i remember by bribery if but then due to disruptions in the project it was given to Aselsan and nationalized. I could be wrong is well. Let me do some research actually.
Pls, i am attacked for poking it :)

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Pls, i am attacked for poking it :)
Yea i am wrong Aselsan became Major shareholder of MIKES taking 72% of the shares and we got the source code for f-16 in 2010's i think around that time.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Yea i am wrong Aselsan became Major shareholder of MIKES taking 72% of the shares and we got the source code for f-16 in 2010's i think around that time.
So, by that timelime allegations for this guy are not legitimate?

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
So, by that timelime allegations for this guy are not legitimate?
Yeah the time frame doesn't fit. Okay this guy is talking about whole another project. That has nothing to do with source codes.

Despite this experience, the electronic warfare system selection within the scope of Öncel Project-II could not be made on time. The SPEWS-II contract for Electronic Warfare systems for Öncel-II F-16s was signed on 22 March 1999. The contract price for 80 F-16C / D Block 50 is $ 223 million. However, due to various reasons, this contract was terminated on 25 October 1999 and a contract was signed with Aselsan on 6 December 1999 within the scope of the same project. The expected entry into force of this agreement, on the one hand Aselsan's technology partners built that Turkey against the political developments in France the other hand, the F-16 aircraft manufacturer US foreign origin in their production platforms will be canceled agreement on a limitation bring initiatives as a result of the electronic warfare systems applications . As a result of the negotiations, Aselsan acquired 72% of MİKES. Again, 3% of the shares were transferred to SSM. The process that turns into a snake story ends on January 15, 2003 with the new tender.

This is google translated turkish is below.

Yaşanmış bu tecrübe olmasına rağmen Öncel Proje-II kapsamında da elektronik harp sistemi seçimi zamanında yapılamamıştır. Öncel-II F-16’ları için Elektronik Harp sistemleri ile ilgili SPEWS-II kontratı 22 Mart 1999 tarihinde imzalandı. 80 adet F-16C/D Block 50’yi kapsayan kontrat bedeli 223 milyon dolardır. Ancak çeşitli nedenlerle bu sözleşme 25 Ekim 1999'da fes edilmiş ve aynı proje kapsamında 6 Aralık 1999'da bu kez Aselsan ile sözleşme imzalanmıştır. Bu anlaşmanın yürürlüğe girmesi beklenirken, bir taraftan Aselsan’ın teknoloji partnerinin yerleşik olduğu Fransa'daki Türkiye aleyhine politik gelişme, diğer taraftan F-16 uçaklarının üreticisi ABD'nin kendi üretimi platformlarda yabancı orijinli elektronik harp sistemleri uygulamalarına bir sınırlama getirme girişimi neticesinde anlaşma iptal olur. Müzakereler sonucunda Aselsan, MİKES'in %72 hissesini devralmıştır. Yine %3 hisse SSM'na devredilmiştir. Yılan hikayesine dönen süreç yeni ihale ile 15 Ocak 2003 tarihinde sonuçlanır.

Last edited:

akrepon

Reactions
Nation of residence
Belgium
Are we allowed to make any modifications to block 50+ F16s since we have the source codes now?

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are we allowed to make any modifications to block 50+ F16s since we have the source codes now?

Yea we have been making alot of modifications since we got the source code under the name ÖZGÜR Projesi

I think the only thing we have left is domestic aesa radar and that should be done this year and integrated after that.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,120
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
EuHstTBXEAUObcz

The US state of Minnesota declared that it recognized the "Khojaly Genocide" committed by Armenians in Karabakh between 1992-93.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
110 14,682
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yea we have been making alot of modifications since we got the source code under the name ÖZGÜR Projesi

I think the only thing we have left is domestic aesa radar and that should be done this year and integrated after that.
I think if you investigate further you will find that we have limited access to the source codes. The access allows us to introduce and integrate locally manufactured weapons like SOM, KGK and HGK to be coded as JSSM, JSOW and JDAM. To use our Gokdogan and Bozdogan as AMRAAM and aim9x .
There is if I remember correctly a time limit like 30 years, during in which we can not alter anything on the plane without LM’s consent. Block 30’s have already gone over this time limit. But even the constructional updates have been done with kits obtained from LM. Block 40’s will gradually become 30 years old by 2024 -25 . But the block 50 are too new.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Jeffrey was one of the biggest friends of Turkey in the last US government. And now we have to deal with that YPG supporter.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
He may have to say somethings, but what matters is that he was saying right stuff too. All of that is history though.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,952
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Lets see what the USA does against Turkiye.

-supports pkk and other terrorist groups against Turkiye
-Sanctions
-Embargoes
-Kicks them out of the F35 program

Now they are building bases to encircle the country. They are trying to encircle and isolate at us not to mention sending a warning to us by saying we are at your backyard just a mile away. Look how close it is to Cizre.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,952
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Levent Kemal denied the USA's claim that it will establish an air base in Ayn Divar in North East Syria.

Deniable plausability the Americans are trying to put roadblocks on future operations.

The Americans tighten their grip on pkk. They are really investing a lot on their kurdish proxies.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,764
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

James Jefrey points out that Turkey won’t return to being an amicable ally and anyone who believes that are fooling themselves.
"Turkey won’t return to being an amicable ally" This Amicable word is a Status which have to be feel/seen from both side of Allies USA and Turkiye.
But as we have seen from History ( I have to exclude years from 1960 -1976 ) USA was not and will not been Amicable to Turkiye. But Turkiye was Amicable to USA and what Turkiye got from that is that USA sided with PKK, Partly with Russia and continue with hostile actions which lead Turkiye to change it Status to be equal to USA -> not Amicable.
It should happened earlier (at 90s). Important thing now is that Turkiye is no more make self blind on USA hostile actions against Turkiye.
-Continue to supports pkk openly and other terrorist groups against Turkiye
-Twisting Turkiye hands with Sanctions
-Embargoes
-Openly Kicks Turkiye out of the F35 program. USA is Thief in this situation
-Openly lies about coupe (it is like talking with kids)
-New Administration came USA and initial actions showed already that they continue in the same hostile path but now they try to be more silent and cover they actions if possible.

One thing is clear as I said before high risk of last bad situation past for Turkiye (so called short to midle period) . Now we are in long run game and Turkiye have leverage on USA. The more time passed the more USA will got pressure and more they gonna loss.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom