Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would like to see a 3 ton thermobaric freefall bomb it should be possible just to drob it like the old ww2 style if we would have that and we would drop some frome time to time to terrorists the psychological effect would be immense! it would be like abombs for the braindead pkkypgs I dont see any bad if it is not in populated areas like mountains, some bases and so on..

Actually, I don't think this idea is very appropriate. Yes, WWII had the idea of this kind of bombardment because the bombs were unguided, not smart. They had to send tons of unguided bombs from high altitude (anti-aircraft threat) to destroy a small target. The bombs' warheads were heavy because this was necessary to destroy the target. There is hardly any need for this nowadays. Instead of the plane going and finding the target, the guided bomb goes and hits the target. MAM-L is an example. In the past, they had to send tons of unguided bombs for this. Also, the plane had to be on top of the threat.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,954
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Who knows maybe Korkut and Gökdeniz will use a mix of normal 35mm round and ATOM were every couple round has airburts capability like it is done with tracer rounds.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,738
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Considering the post I’ve seen of Israel going with loitering ammo on their vessels. I think programable ammo like atom are the right choice if the firerate is also high then we’re on right track.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,282
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Re-entry vehicle technology used in ballistic missiles and thermal shock and vibration modeling on the subject - Davut Vatansever and Assoc. Dr. Bayram ÇELİK developed a solution that combines the designs of the University of Michigan and NASA in a single model.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
11.jpg
22.jpg
33.jpg
44.jpg

Last edited:

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
So C295 Little Spooky is nearly ready. We have seen this bird in one of the exhibitions couple of years ago with door mounted machine gun (27mm) and Roketsan bombs next to it. I think that means Gören-1 and Gören-2 projects failed and cancelled forever.. May be TSK and SSB is considering this instead, ready solution with Turkish weapons and might be waiting for the final result. After armed UAVs success and T129 Gören projects became less important. But still I am big fun of AC-130.. It could literally eradicate PKK in the operations, cheap bomber less flight hours for F16. But now, Hurkus C, Akıncı, Aksungur all are doing similar job against PKK and cheaper. C295 with 27 mm gun, teber and umtas is not different than Akıncı or Aksungur, AC130 is deadly because of 105mm gun and 40mm Bofors.

Also some time ago there was a tender to buy few new transport aircraft Alenia C-27J Spartan or EADS CASA C-295 ? what happened to that? interestingly both aircraft has gunship versions.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,006
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
So C295 Little Spooky is nearly ready. We have seen this bird in one of the exhibitions couple of years ago with door mounted machine gun (27mm) and Roketsan bombs next to it. I think that means Gören-1 and Gören-2 projects failed and cancelled forever.. May be TSK and SSB is considering this instead, ready solution with Turkish weapons and might be waiting for the final result. After armed UAVs success and T129 Gören projects became less important. But still I am big fun of AC-130.. It could literally eradicate PKK in the operations, cheap bomber less flight hours for F16. But now, Hurkus C, Akıncı, Aksungur all are doing similar job against PKK and cheaper. C295 with 27 mm gun, teber and umtas is not different than Akıncı or Aksungur, AC130 is deadly because of 105mm gun and 40mm Bofors.

Also some time ago there was a tender to buy few new transport aircraft Alenia C-27J Spartan or EADS CASA C-295 ? what happened to that? interestingly both aircraft has gunship versions.

Im also big fan of gunships especially the Ac130!!!

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr. Murat İKİNCİ, Ground to ground and Shore based variants of Atmaca is in develooment phase.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom