TR UAV/UCAV Programs | Anka - series | Kızılelma | TB - series

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Which munitions has been integrated so far in the delivered UAVs? We've seen him fly with the MAM-L and NEB and shoot the MAM-T. KGK, MAM-C, SOM are not there yet. AESA radar and AAM are unfinished projects. It's obvious that it was delivered early. Could it be to shoot at least MAM-T and NEB from higher altitude?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Akinci has three versions of power.
2 x 750 HP
2 x 450 HP
2 x 170 HP
Of these three, do we know which ones are being delivered?
What the breakdown of engine is of the 6 planes?

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Akinci has three versions of power.
2 x 750 HP
2 x 450 HP
2 x 170 HP
Of these three, do we know which ones are being delivered?
What the breakdown of engine is of the 6 planes?
I thought it was 2x 170 and 2 x 450 are being delivered and we still have to wait for next year for 750 as I don't think the asea integration happened yet.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Citiy 🤣🤣🤣
They definitely need a proof reader
434AAA78-1B91-4F5E-A122-387FDADFC47A.jpeg

L

LegionnairE

This much publicity and still less payload capacity than Reaper.

And I really don't understand this obsession with carrying cruise missiles.

Are we trying to replace F4 Phantoms with Akıncı here?

L

LegionnairE

Frankly Reaper costs that high because of US military industrial complex and all the politics involved with that.
If we produced that here, it would cost a fraction of that number. It's not that Akıncı is that much more efficient.

That being said BMC made it, it would take 10 years and it would eventually be cancelled so congratulations to Baykar for that :ROFLMAO:

Also congratulations to MotorSICH

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
This much publicity and still less payload capacity than Reaper.

And I really don't understand this obsession with carrying cruise missiles.

Are we trying to replace F4 Phantoms with Akıncı here?
The idea is in the cost
It is all about the cost
What do you think made TB2 famous? Their rockets, or bombs? USA drones can carry them as well, you know! It is just that Baykar TB2 costs so little both in terms of actual purchasing price and operational costs that it made hunting 100 million dollar tanks a fqing joke 😃😃😃
The same with Akinci, cheap and can do way more for longer durations and is more automated so it will be easier to operate. Not to mention it will carry air to air missiles; thus, along with an AESEA radar, these Akincis may hunt 50-70 million dollar jets of 3rd or 4th gen max like a cat preying on mice every now and then

L

LegionnairE

Akincis may hunt 50-70 million dollar jets of 3rd or 4th gen max like a cat preying on mice every now and then
I don't want to start a long discussion but for the AKINCI (or reaper for that matter) to "hunt" a modern fighter jet is impossible.
If you want to ask why, you can reach me on DMs

We already produce here..named Akinci not Reaper

:rolleyes:

I'm saying that it's not that Akıncı's design is more efficient, it's just that US military industrial complex is inefficient.

You can see how ridiculously cheap Chinese wing loong UAVs are, that we shot down in Libya.

Moving forward, they will be our main competition. And it will be tough to make it cheaper than the chinese.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom