Can we increase the resolution @Test7
TB3 is at the background.

View attachment 29814
yy_auto_x2.jpg

Err.jpg

E99qmCBXoAQ9x48_auto_x2.jpg

L

LegionnairE

Speaking of FLIRs... what happened to the GÖREN project?

I guess making a pocket-gunship idea went away because we don't have enough cargo planes.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,724
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ismail Demir: 150+km range TRLG missile with laser seeker is in use.

TRLG missile with a range of 150+km. Likely, TRLG-230 to be launched from drones.
For moving targets it is a good option. But laser seeker needs a separate laser targeting and in cloudy weather may have problems when operating above clouds. Another seeker head like RF, GPS, IIR may give longer ranges and would not have the drawbacks of laser seeker heads. As well as laser seeker, I would like to see another seeker head being used on them too.
I would like to see it’s bigger brother Trg300 being launched from f16s As well. Effectively they will have ranges well in excess of 300km when launched at high speeds from 40000+ft (the range will be governed by the speed and the altitude of the F16 as well as the explosive weight/fuel ratio. These are missiles that fly at over 4 Mach. Their target acquisition speeds will be high supersonic. They may be detected by enemy radars but would be very difficult to intercept. Although it would be carrying around 110-200kg of explosives, due to the kinetic energy carried by the missile, this deficiency will be compensated.
Now that we have taken the step to use the smaller artillery rockets from our UCAVs, why not start using the bigger ones from F16s?

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Erdoğan: "We continue our MMU and unmanned fighter aircraft projects meticulously. When we succeed especially in national unmanned aircraft projects, we will be one step ahead of the 5th generation aircraft technology that was not given to us."

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Selçuk Bayraktar: Bayraktar TB3 will make maiden flight in 2022, Fighter Unmanned Aircraft(MIUS) in 2023.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Next stop MIUS, after it i wish Baykar will go towards unmanned subcosmic long range strategic bomber aircraft.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,163
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Next stop MIUS, after it i wish Baykar will go towards unmanned subcosmic long range strategic bomber aircraft.

Such a plane would be good to have for Turkey but there is no export potential.
After MIUS I guess the next step is a better MIUS. Even MIUS has little export potential.
Although after MIUS Baykar announced that flying cars will follow.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Such a plane would be good to have for Turkey but there is no export potential.
After MIUS I guess the next step is a better MIUS. Even MIUS has little export potential.
Although after MIUS Baykar announced that flying cars will follow.
Do not know his vision and plans but that one would be logical continuation of his military program but as you said his company is private one and he might go in civil projects were is profitabily and long term sustainbility. Either way i do not doubt that he will be sucsessfull.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,163
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do not know his vision and plans but that one would be logical continuation of his military program but as you said his company is private one and he might go in civil projects were is profitabily and long term sustainbility. Either way i do not doubt that he will be sucsessfull.

Baykar will go after products that will sell in high numbers but TAI can make a long range bomber and supersonic passenger planes. Imagine they make three engine and four engine planes using the TFX engine. Planes that fly at twice the speed of sound carrying up to 30 people to the far side of the world in a couple of hours.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Baykar will go after products that will sell in high numbers but TAI can make a long range bomber and supersonic passenger planes. Imagine they make three engine and four engine planes using the TFX engine. Planes that fly at twice the speed of sound carrying up to 30 people to the far side of the world in a couple of hours.
Hope so that TAI will take the torch and continue to suprise us with bold ambitious project like Baykar did in past if what you say occur to be truth.

Top Bottom