Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
From the UAV Systems Command visit

The AKINCI in the 1st Picture is AKINCI S2
The AKINCI behind that is AKINCI A1 (no idea what that stands for)

View attachment 41191 View attachment 41192

A-1, a dedicated aerial platform for research purposes ? I see weapons payload on it, there's a ton of munitions they have to integrate onto the platform to which safe/max-min range/etc/etc engagement envelops would have to be established.

On the other hand 😁 maybe A-1 stands for Azerbaijan and it's first Azeri aerial platform.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Okay, I thought there was actual factual source behind it. Not an opinionated analysis based on TV channels random censorship.

This is from StealthFlanker from another forum, he has written a program that extapulates radar signature at different band lengths based on 3D models. Probably the best one I've seen.

"So i did my estimate on TB-2's Radar Cross Section. got to say it's a clever design. By focusing the largest spike upward. It shows RCS optimization against ground based radars at least up to S-band. Which pretty much those one may encounter in tactical situations (most if not all ground based Mobile air defense's radar are in S-band).

The spike however begin to broaden at L and VHF band."

View attachment 41213
Interesting. In the twitter thread he told he used something called “perfect electric conductor” for the surface. I think it means something like a metal surface. With composite body it would be different though, worse or better…

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,901
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Interesting. In the twitter thread he told he used something called “perfect electric conductor” for the surface. I think it means something like a metal surface. With composite body it would be different though, worse or better…
It will of course be better.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,198
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
A-1, a dedicated aerial platform for research purposes ? I see weapons payload on it, there's a ton of munitions they have to integrate onto the platform to which safe/max-min range/etc/etc engagement envelops would have to be established.

On the other hand 😁 maybe A-1 stands for Azerbaijan and it's first Azeri aerial platform.

Welcome back Bro

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
TB3 ?
1647684546017_photos_v2_x2_colored_toned_light_ai (1).jpg

kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
From the UAV Systems Command visit

The AKINCI in the 1st Picture is AKINCI S2
The AKINCI behind that is AKINCI A1 (no idea what that stands for)

View attachment 41191 View attachment 41192

When we develop product then we use Ax, Bx, Cx... series for alpha, beta series before production where x stands for unit id of the same design. A, B, C, ... will be different revisions of pre-prodution series. Later we go over to Sx or Px series to indicate that it is a production unit.

So, I assume A1 is the first prototype built.

kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
Depends on the composite type. If it’s radar transparent the internal parts will reflect the energy.
They would most certainly use additives to absorb or diffuse incoming radar. It is not too difficult as a lot of RF engineers use similar materials to reduce EMC.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They would most certainly use additives to absorb or diffuse incoming radar. It is not too difficult as a lot of RF engineers use similar materials to reduce EMC.
Most logical and I agree. However just to play devil’s advocate imagine a flat perfect plate at some degree that reflects most of the energy away from the radiator versus a similar plate at the same angle with a different material that slightly leaks energy and has a big irregular reflector behind it. Most likely as you said the overall RCS could be lower with absorbent materials but this direction of the reflected energy may change.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This looks like footage captured from Aselsan CATS
I thought the same too but could not decide:

- the camera movement and camera angles are a bit strange like the previous TB2 CATS video. (Servo response to user inputs, stabilization quality and target selection may affect this behavior)
- there is a periodic judder similar to TB2 CATS footage
- image is OK to pass as CATS, not very impressive with a bit of blur

The reason I can’t decide is:
- don’t know if the judder is from twitter etc.
- why they don’t show the CATS?

Maybe they want us to focus on TB2 or prevent criticism on image quality by not showing the type or symbology (which is OK to me but you know nitpicking people). If somebody complains about imported cameras reveal that it was CATS for internet likes 😄

Last edited:

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,215
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I thought the same too but could not decide:

- the camera movement and camera angles are a bit strange like the previous TB2 CATS video. (Servo response to user inputs, stabilization quality and target selection may affect this behavior)
- there is a periodic judder similar to TB2 CATS footage
- image is OK to pass as CATS, not very impressive with a bit of blur

The reason I can’t decide is:
- don’t know if the judder is from twitter etc.
- why they don’t show the CATS?

Maybe they want us to focus on TB2 or prevent criticism on image quality by not showing the type or symbology (which is OK to me but you know nitpicking people). If somebody complains about imported cameras reveal that it was CATS for internet likes 😄

Which song is that?

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Well the landing gear layout doesn't fit TB-3's purpose. Still looks like a TB-2 to me. The TB-3 is capable of landing on carriers, remember. If you look at the renders Baykar published, you can clearly see the difference. Looking at this pic again, the main landing gears don't seem to be retractable. That is again, as far as I know, not the case with the TB-3.

E

Era_shield

This design is not unique to TB-2 though, on the other hand TB-2 made it famous.

TB2 is older than the one you linked. Lots of companies have copied the TB2 design now.

Top Bottom